Nintendo DS

The Damned

ive been trying to get a DS since christmas. can anyone explain why noone has gotten a shipment in the US (at least in NJ) since christmas?

You can try amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link%5Fcode=qs&field-keywords=Nintendo%20DS&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Toysrus:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2882437

Your best bet would be either amazon or ebay... goodluck~!

edit: I've noticed walmarts & bestbuys in my state of Maryland always having a ds or two being bought out constantly fast and the store's restocking them with ease... maybe they robbed the New Jersey stocks..? :lol:

ive been trying to get a DS since christmas. can anyone explain why noone has gotten a shipment in the US (at least in NJ) since christmas?

I live in Rhode Island and the only place that had any was one of the Wal-Marts near my apartment. I live about 20 minutes away from 5 Gamestops too. They had jack shite. Most of the top games are sold out in every store here too.

Oh yeah has anyone here ever played Lunar Knights? It's made by Hideo Kojima who made Metal Gear Solid. I've played about 3 hours so far...it's an awesome anime style, overhead action-adventure rpg. Def check it out.

I went through the same trials last January, when I tried to find a DS. Took me forever, but I eventually found one. Seems January is a time of DS drought.

Picked up AW:DoR yesterday and am impressed with it. I've played AW before and have always found it a solid game experience, though at times the cutesy graphics got old. The newer, darker, grittier feel of DoR is a welcome change to the game.

I am loving the WiFi battle mode, a game function that was a given, considering the capability of the system. Which is not to say I'm any good at it, but I still enjoy it. I'm just glad that they didn't hold your hand and limit you to playing against friends only, like PokéMon. I like the random, world wide battles.

It's because the DS, like the Wii, is a handheld targeted at non-gamers and younger gamers (there are very few kid-oriented games on PSP), and it's cheaper than the PSP as well. It's the perfect system for someone who's not good/interested enough to play more action-oriented games but has gotten bored with reading on the train to work.

well, theyve been sold out for a good month now without having received a shipment, and im wondering why that is.

Not sure, but the scroll on G4 said that there were rumors of a "cobalt blue" color coming in, so that would explain it. Honestly, I'm surprised Nintendo didn't do a blue color on the Lite in the first place.

The only thing I don't like about the Nintendo DS lite is that the GBA cartridge sticks out, unlike the previous model.

That's the only thing that bothers me too. But oh well, I still like it way more than the old model. (if only it came in light blue, then it would be perfect~)

Picked up AW:DoR yesterday and am impressed with it.

I picked that up a few days ago as well.

I always enjoy a good Advance Wars. (See sig.) And while I miss the old characters, I am enjoying the story line and I am finally accepting the changes. I really couldn't see them tacking on more storyline to the old plot.

Still, I feel the last entry, Dual Strike, felt a little more complete overall. Save for the WiFi game, it seems like the old one just had more. More CO's, more unlockables, more variety in the gameplay. And I ain't too happy the CO powers got totally nerfed.

So, how many of you own an R4? According to one guy, at least fifty or so people that posted in this thread should answer "yes" (that's a rough estimate, don't go using math to point out the exact number).

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=181131

Now, assuming that there are about 30 million DSs and DS Lites out there in North America (Wikipedia only lists "the Americas", meaning it includes South America in as well...), that would mean that the company that makes the R4 has sold about 25 million of the things.

That's pretty damn good for something that I never even heard of until recently. I'm pretty up on DS stuff, being a giant fan of the handheld, and while I've looked into homebrew a little, I don't think I've run across any real mention of the device in question.

So, really shitty research, poorly done surveying, or just pulling numbers out of their asses?

I just got back to playing my "old" games on my DS, which are mostly largely unfinished. I love Final Fantasy - Chocobo Tales. It's incredibly simple, but with great charm and the Final Fantasy universe, it sure manages to win me over. Super Mario 64 DS is also great fun, starting all over again.

More CO's, more unlockables, more variety in the gameplay. And I ain't too happy the CO powers got totally nerfed.

That doesn't bother me much, really. I didn't even notice that the CO powers were gone till last night. It feels like they're allowing you to do more with less. not letting you rely on the magics of anime inspired CO poses to win the battle.

I think at most 5 people in this thread own a DS flashcart.

I mostly use mine to load my GBA flashcart though. :P

*raises hand slowly...*

But mine is a SuperCard.

At MAGFest I saw 2 or 3 DSs that had white cartridges in them with a black rectangle inside. You know what that means...

Edit: Speaking of homebrew, I just got the new jEnesisDS--the first Genesis emulator WITH SOUND!

I'm also immensely enjoying QuakeDS right now.

An update on the whole "90% are pirating games in the US" thing... it seems that someone misquoted someone else. It's supposed to be 90% of DS games in Singapore are pirated. Smaller population, higher black market and pirated goods infrastructure... yeah, that seems a lot more likely.

http://kotaku.com/351725/elspa-denies-saying-90-of-americans-pirate-ds

Shitty research and misquoting... nice.

I own an R4, and am very happy with it. In addition to trying a few things before I buy them (comparing Jam Sessions to Hannah Montana: Music Jam before dropping the money was especially helpful...) and getting some games I just couldn't find through legitimate means (Electroplankton), the homebrew scene is awesome.

Anyone who hasn't tried it yet, go get Colors! from somewhere -- it's especially neat on the DS's screen.