Nintendo DS

The Damned

So yeah...

Ninja Gaiden DS: http://ds.ign.com/articles/777/777221p1.html

Real iffy about it... controlled by the stylus entirely...?

I miss old-school Ninja Gaiden ;_;

Since you're iffy about it, you can try and download a demo of it at any store with a DS download station. I've tried it once. The controls take some getting used to, that much is certain. I can't say that I really took enough time with it though to get used to it. Maybe I'll give it another go some other time.

Kirby was stylus only, and it worked out great. It's all about how much effort the developer put into making it work.

Well, roms and emulators technically are illegal anyway, they can charge $40 a game. Also, my friend bought this one card and he can download about 7 DS games into it. It works like an emulator. he wasn't sure if it was illegal or not though.

So I'm enjoying Advance Wars:DoR pretty well. I am especially liking the WiFi battles, except for every time I'm about to win, the punks I'm battling against either disconnect or surrender. Granted, in either scenario I am counted as the winner, but sill...there's nothing like delivering that final death blow to your opponent. I'm left feeling a distinct sense of loss. :whatevaa:

So I'm enjoying Advance Wars:DoR pretty well. I am especially liking the WiFi battles, except for every time I'm about to win, the punks I'm battling against either disconnect or surrender. Granted, in either scenario I am counted as the winner, but sill...there's nothing like delivering that final death blow to your opponent. I'm left feeling a distinct sense of loss. :whatevaa:

Some time when I get my wifi connection for my ds settled, I'd like to challenge you. Don't worry, I'm one of those that actually like to see through a game to the end :)!!

• 2 weeks later...

*update* I now have a functioning DS.

I don't know why this game didn't get a thread. It's easily my favorite DS game.

If you don't know what it is, it's a puzzle adventure game on the DS developed by Level 5, the same people that made the Dark Cloud series, Jeanne D'Arc, and Dragon Quest VIII. You play as Professor Hershel Layton and his apprentice, Luke, as they visit the village of St. Mystere to unravel the mystery of the Golden Apple, which is the key to the dead baron's fortune.

During your investigation, you'll be bombarded with brainteasers from everybody in town, as well as many other objects that remind Layton/Luke of puzzles to tell to each other. It's done in a sort of 7th Guest style, except puzzles are generally minor, and you don't need to solve all 135 to beat the game. The plot is wonderful, the art style is quirky, and the music is very reminiscent of Dark Cloud 2 (accordions, violins, and piano). There really wasn't a thing I didn't like about the game.

Overall, it took me ~21 hours to complete every puzzle (not including the weekly downloadable puzzles), over the course of three days. I'm rarely able to play a game for three hours straight, let alone nine, but I couldn't put this game down.

Buy it if you haven't already. It was only like $35.

I just finished playing through Professor Layton today.

I beat all the normal puzzles, but haven't tried many of the bonus puzzles yet. It was fun, but I found it leaning a bit on the easy side. That's not to say it was easy, but more often than not I would be able to solve the puzzles fairly quickly. These easy ones though were primarily simple logic ones, ones that could be solved by writing down a couple equations and solving, or by having a good spatial intuition. However, there were also some head-scratchers that I wouldn't have gotten for the life of me if it weren't for the hint system. The story was also pretty good, and I felt the videos and voice acting was used tastefully and added to the game.

All-in-all, definitely recommended; I will be picking up the sequel when it comes out.