Nintendo DS

The Damned

I think the Nintendo DS is one of the greatest things thats happened to me in my life (and also one of the most frustrating)

I didnt think The World Ends With You was THAT easy, I thought the bosses put up a great fight (and a long one too sometimes in harder difficulties) but yeah, maybe youre just talented? haha

I played a bunch of retro games lately and I loved Rune Factory... and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (GREAT games imo)

I've seen stacks of The World Ends With You around stores. Also, if all fails, online is the way to go. Also, as for the difficulty, of course it's a bit easy-ish. Typical of Square games and actually most JRPGs nowadays. But you can still scale the difficulty so that you can die with a few hits.

With any luck Sonic Chronicles will be good, sadly I won't be able to buy it till long after everything has been discovered about it.

I guess at least by then though I'll know if it's any good or not. :P

From all indications it's going to be the second coming of SMRPG and I wonder if that kind of insane hype will be good. But the developers are amazing, so I'm waiting for a game review (preferably GameTrailers or IGN) and if it gets a slate of 9.0's I'm getting it.

Also I LOVE how they're adding in multiple response trees like with most Bioware RPGs and I hope it even has multiple endings. I love how they say you can act like a total asshole with Sonic. It's about time.

I no longer have time for any consoles, the DS has helped keep me in the gaming world. Granted, the only games I ever seem to want to play aren't ones that just came out (Metroid Prime Hunters, Tetris DS, Brain Age, and Civilization Revolution [the exception]), but it's nice to be able to play on the way to work and class again.

I hope the remake of Chrono Trigger comes to the DS.

You mean the remake that has been announced for the DS? What else would it be coming out for?

wtf

there go my plans to get it

Um, last time I checked, you could save. Not only that, the game prompted you to save when you enter each new era. Failing that, why not close the lid on your DS to conserve power (although that obviously doesn't work if you want to play something else mid-game).

wait what

I thought I was an average gamer and I thought it was easy

I mean, I play on ultimate difficulty and full manual control with the top screen because anything less is too damn easy

I said it would be too hard for CASUAL gamers, and by that I mean people who play video games very rarely. Like my girlfriend. If you go to a video game music site on a nearly daily basis, you are probably not a casual gamer.

As for Civ Rev, I totally don't understand how you can't save. Last I checked, it was "press start, choose 'save game'." If you're still having trouble, I'll post step-by-step directions, because it's too sweet of a game not to play it. Very highly excellent portable game. Can be played for hours and hours, or can be played for 15 minutes.

I'm starting to think that TWEWY is some kind of mass urban myth. I've checked over ten stores in two countries and have yet to see any physical hint of the existence of this thing...
It took me literally months to find it too. I finally found it in Harrisburg when I was visiting my parents Labor Day weekend.

Truthfully... it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm only on Day 2, but so far the plot seems artificial and I haven't gotten used to the battle system yet--even on the bottom screen. Maybe after I give it some more time...

BTW, if any of you have the capability of running homebrew and are looking for another dual-screen challenge, check out Dual Pac Man http://www.playeradvance.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19182

I'm still working on Apollo Justice, and also Metal Slug 7.

I'm nearly done with Trials and Tribulations. Looking forward to getting my hands on Apollo Justice right after this.

After I'm through with all the Phoenix Wright games out so far, I'm not sure what I'll turn to next... I still have a large backlog of older (SNES, Genesis, and Saturn era) games to work through.

Oh, right... Civilization Revolution. KF

Truthfully... it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm only on Day 2, but so far the plot seems artificial and I haven't gotten used to the battle system yet--even on the bottom screen. Maybe after I give it some more time...

The plot is a little artificial, and it'll be a while before Neku is a sympathetic character... like at all... but there are delicate intricacies behind it all, most of which begin bubbling in the second week and rise to the surface in the third. There are even many details you won't truly grasp until after you've "beaten" the game and work through the endgame, so if you're still on day 2 definitely don't give up yet.

Re: the battle system. I played through the whole game without ever using the top screen, except when it was required. Only after beating everything did I bother trying to coordinate both screens at once. The bottom screen is easiest if you take some time to experiment with many different pin types and find the ones that work for you, then try to stick with similar ones. It probably took me most of the first week to really get used to it, because it is pretty different, but again, stick with it.