Nintendo DS

The Damned

Hey guys, I've been thinking of getting a new shell for my Lite, but I've seen a dozen different sites with varying reviews (from fair to shitty) of the sturdiness of the shells.

Has anyone here done anything with shell replacement and/or know a place that sells good shells?

I'd say www.dealextreme.com.

I've ordered stuff from them before, so I believe that they are reliable, though the main reason to order stuff from there is that everything they have is CHEAP.

Just make sure to read the reviews, because some of the stuff is really cheap for a reason.

Also, make sure to pick up a tri-wing screwdriver, or you wont be able to get into your ds.

Recently picked up a copy of Dragon Quest Monsters. Been playing it for hours at a time, great game, excellent graphics for a DS game too. You either like it or you don't but I wouldn't call it a 'pokemon clone' as some reviews have.

Pokemon should be more 3D and be in 3rd person also 3D battle system, adventuring would be so much more fun! Pokemon clone though? I think not, but it is the Pokemon of Dragon Quest.

Well, I think I've ordered from DealExtreme before as well, so I'll check out the products.

Thanks.

Also, make sure to pick up a tri-wing screwdriver, or you wont be able to get into your ds.

Oh, I've disassembled almost all of my electronics several times now, DS included.

I've got one.

Recently picked up a copy of Dragon Quest Monsters. Been playing it for hours at a time, great game, excellent graphics for a DS game too. You either like it or you don't but I wouldn't call it a 'pokemon clone' as some reviews have.
I'm going to let you in on a secret: whenever someone says a game is a "(insert other game title here) clone", they are doing so because it's easier to make the comparison and quicker than a real in-depth analysis. Reviewers don't have lots of time to get into larger games, because they only get a day (if that) to try it out and write up a review.

You also have random idiots that don't have any idea what they are talking about and compare things to what little experience they have with something vaguely similar.

Pokemon should be more 3D and be in 3rd person also 3D battle system, adventuring would be so much more fun!
They did. Two Gamecube games, Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. They were not exactly great successes, as evidenced by their sales. It should be noted that those games were made by a different company, Genius Sonority, not GameFreak, the original creating studio, under the Pokémon Company banner.

The games were cited as bland, boring, run-of-the-mill games, which I can attest to, having owned the first and played a fair bit of the second. They tried to do something different with the franchise, and as we all know, that means no one liked it.

There had been hopes that the Pokémon games for the DS would make use of 3D models, seeing how the storage capacities of DS cards are higher than that of GBA carts, and with the much better hardware (which we know is capable of decent 3D, just check out the new Dragon Quest game, the FF4 remake, Moon, and a few other 3D games), we would finally have it. But sadly, it seems that GameFreak is unwilling or unable to make the effort into keeping up with the current market. Sadly, I think this, plus the poor writing, is the series' biggest problem. The art style hasn't rally changed much from the second series, and all we have seen is slight improvements while other games blow us away with lush, detailed worlds.

So I hear... but there is very little info on the game. In fact, if a site I frequent hadn't made a small mention of it, I would have forgotten all about it.

Now, their last game, Dementium, wasn't that bad. The boss was a fucking bitch (to this day, I still can't beat it... I do everything I can think of, I check the guides on Gamefaqs, but to no avail... ), but the rest of the game was pretty decent.

If Moon is the much better version of Dementium, then I think it will be worth the purchase.

I've heard extremely diverse reviews on Moon so far. Like, either total waste of money, or one of the best DS games available. Nothing in between, it seems. Hmmm...

In a barely related theme, the last game I've been playing on my DS has been "Dokapon" for GBA from 2003. I bought it used from GameStop for $5 after purchasing "Dokapon Kingdom" just to see if there are any similarities.

The game is brutally difficult, especially at the beginning, but I'm still playing it for some reason. If you die, you lose all your stuff. Like, money, equipment, and items. If you die, you can't load an old save point. You go back to the beginning with no stuff, but you keep your experience points.

To make matters worse, the battle system is based on rock-paper-scissors (or Rochambeau) so if you pick the wrong random choice too many times, you'll die. And lose all your stuff.

Supposedly there's some sort of monster capturing mechanic, but it's too difficult to use (despite it being one of the big selling points of the game) and I have yet to figure out how to capture any of the monsters.

I would probably not recommend this game to anyone except other fans of Dokapon Kingdom who want to play a slightly similar one-player campaign. But I still won't stop playing it until I beat it, I fear...:<

• 2 months later...
I...I don't know how I feel about a Zelda game with trains...

Certainly not interested though :?

Haha, that wouldn't be a reason for me to be disinterested in it. I really liked Phantom Hourglass, so it looks like I'm gonna be enjoying this as well.

If the ingame music is as good as the trailer music, then yay! Already better than Phantom Hourglass in one category.

Though I don't know about the whole train thing. Hopefully there's still opportunity for some free exploration...

So was that just me, or were some of the bosses fought in 3D?

Phantom Hourglass was like that too. Not all of them, but some. Assuming you mean "not in top-down view."

are you freaking serious

we were just talking about how awesome it would be to have a train complete with steampunk in the next Zelda game in remod a few weeks ago

The problem being, "complete." Trains don't mean steampunk, they're just one element of it. And the trailer shows a large lack of any other steampunk ideas.