Nintendo DS

The Damned

Same here. I already got duped with a hacked celebi and deoxys. Legit, people! There's no satisfaction if you fill your pokedex with fake pokes.

Meh -- I'm filling my Sinnoh pokedex legit, but feel no qualms about forcing pokemon to evolve w/o trading them (no one here plays pokemon), or hacking wild pokemon into my game that I'd have to play through shitty Gamecube games to get to otherwise (Lugia, among others). Post Hall-of-Fame, anything's up for grabs to me! :P

There's the usual rumblings and rumor-mongering, but thus far, no news of a PSP2.

I think that the DS Lite should have had the matte casing instead, and the cameras are mostly worthless. Honestly, if Nintendo is trying to come up with more interfaces for games, they need to try harder.

I recall a time when Nintendo was all "our systems are for playing games, and games only", but I see that only a few years have changed that stance. Mind you, they were also really iffy on online gaming, and they eventually got into it... albeit in a really basic, awkward way.

The DSi is a nice upgrade if you are still rocking the original DS, but if you already have a DS Lite, I feel like the improvements aren't worth the $170.

Of course, I have an original DS and two DS Lites, so I really feel like I'm done with DS systems for a while.

Also, I <3 my GBA games. I just played Shining Force GBA a couple weeks ago.

How are the shop channel, web browsing, and SD card features? Those are the one's I'm really interested in. It would be cool to check a few websites or do IRC chats without purchasing mobile internet or lugging my laptop around everywhere. Also, I imagine the SD card opens up a whole new world when it comes to homebrew stuff, which is always fun.

I love the DSi. IMO, the screen, buttons, and d-pad are better. I also like the matte finish over the glossy finish that the DS Lite has.

I'm with you on that. Also, carts being hot-swappable and pressing the power button to return to the DSi menu are really convenient.

In regard to shop channel, well, there's not a whole lot worthwhile there yet, but I'm looking forward to some really good games coming to it eventually. WarioWare: Snapped! is more miss than hit, is really short, and isn't fast-paced but was free for me so I can't complain too much. The only other game I downloaded was ArtStyle: Aquia, which is actually a lot of fun (I've been playing a level whenever I need a break from Rhythm Heaven). They way they have it set up (where DSiWare is basically the only selectable category) makes it look like the shop channel will be expanded at some point to include a Virtual Console category, and at that point it'll be great.

Haven't tried the web browser or anything with SD card yet, so I can't comment on those.

I love the DSi too. Pure awesome.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here knows a good way to fix the scratches on the touch screen of a DSLite. (I'm very careful with my system, but sometimes the stylus has a jagged edge or a bit of something on it that scratches the screen.) I heard once that toothpaste is a good way to fix scratches. Anyone know of a way?

Just started Chibi Robo for DS, and it's fun so far. Even though it's totally different than Pikmin, it has something of a similar feel for me.

Also recently picked up that newer Advance Wars (Days or Ruin?) and Ninja Gaiden DS, since I found them for pretty good deals. Both should be pretty fun!

I love the DSi too. Pure awesome.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here knows a good way to fix the scratches on the touch screen of a DSLite. (I'm very careful with my system, but sometimes the stylus has a jagged edge or a bit of something on it that scratches the screen.) I heard once that toothpaste is a good way to fix scratches. Anyone know of a way?

I don't know of any way to get scratches out once you've got them, but I'd highly recommend screen protectors to prevent any more.

Just started Chibi Robo for DS, and it's fun so far. Even though it's totally different than Pikmin, it has something of a similar feel for me.

I started Chibi Robo: Park Patrol awhile back, but I got like 2 of the other characters before losing interest. I never played the GameCube one so I can't compare it to that.

With all the talk of the DSi, I'm still waiting for the chance to try it hands-on before I even think about upgrading my Lite (a red-lidded one that kind of has a matte body to it anyway). I've give up waiting for GameStop to upgrade their kiosks... :-x

I used to worry about scratches for the DS. You only really see them when you try to look for it, but I mean, it's a touch screen.. you almost have to expect them to appear eventually. I hate screen protectors because they almost seem impossible to get on without any air bubbles. :\

I used to worry about scratches for the DS. You only really see them when you try to look for it, but I mean, it's a touch screen.. you almost have to expect them to appear eventually. I hate screen protectors because they almost seem impossible to get on without any air bubbles. :\

not to mention how they screw with the sensitivity