Nintendo DS

The Damned

This article is awesome:

Home > Entertainment > Article

Nexon ties up with Nintendo

Friday, May 12, 2006 By Lee Jin-ho

Online game 'Maple Story' of Nexon which hits 14 billion won monthly sale across the world will be made for a mobile game device 'Nintendo DS'. In a talk with the Electric Times in LA Convention Center, US, on Wednesday as a local time, David Lee CEO of Nexon Japan implied that the project of developing 'Maple Story' for Nintendo DS is processing, saying "We interested in characteristics and strategy of contents of Nintendo and decided to develop games for it, and we agreed on a large part of the plan with Nintendo."

KOREAN RPG'S ON THE DS! PLAY 100 HOURS AND REACH LEVEL 10!!

:roll:

Well, I'm happy that we'll be getting MMORPGs on the DS, and starting with a famous one like Maple Story might not be bad. But the kawai-ness of it... gah.

Anyway, does the PSP have a MMORPG? Because if not, woulden't this be the first one on a handheld console?

Well, if you already have speech...what's the point of the text? :P
Well, since this is a MMORPG, keyword "massive," there would be too much talking to hear anything, escpecially in a place like a town, where usually at least 30 people or so are talking at the same time. But that's a great idea for when having a private conversation with someone.

Hey, that's a really good idea, because that's where all the major talking usually happens. Usually all you need public speech for is stuff like advertising items or something. When you find someone advertising something you want, you can instantly start a private conversation with them, and boom! You didn't have to type a thing.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:

The first MMORPG for Nintendo DS, Maple Story.

About time, I called this almost a year ago. I KNEW this game would be perfect for DS. I remember speculating about how you could chat, you could have user-progammable buttons for common words you say so you don't have to type every single thing with an on screen keyboard. But this is rumored to have a speech-to-text function. I'm not sure how well that would work out. It would probably work best you could use it in conjunction with an on-screen keyboard, because speech-to-text is never perfect. Maybe the keyboard could have 2 backspace-type buttons. One backspace is for going back a character (obviously), and the other is to clear the previous word typed, in case the speech-to-text got the word completely wrong. Then you could either attempt to say it again, or hand-type it.

I'd rather have a sprite-based version of Ragnarok Online than Maple Story, but I realize that RO is like a gig and a half at full size...

Did everybody forget that Maple Story has almost no depth and isn't fun for very long?

Don't worry. I sure didn't and I've never played it.

NEVER FORGET

Yeah, that's why I quit playing it before. It is really fun to start up and get to around level 10, but then you realize there's no goal other than to level up, and you're wasting alot of time. Hopefully they will make some changes in the DS version. If not, it will at least be fun to start up again, and then after that I'm going to set a time limit for how much I play this game per day. Probably one hour. When I played before, I spent a few days doing nothing but Maple Story after school, and then I felt like I completely wasted those days. So this way I will not spend too much time on it, and hopefully the game will stay fresh longer.

And Maple Story has some very good music, in my opinion. I havn't played in almost a year, but I still get a couple of the songs stuck in my head from time to time. The title song, and the theme from Kerring City.

Come on guys, who cares about MMOs on the DS...

WE HAVE FREAKING TINGLE RPG, OKAY?

YEAH MAN, THAT'LL ROCK SO HARD! IT'LL BE AWESO-...wait, are we talking about the same thing.

Just hurry up and get me the DS Megaman already. Damn slowpokes.

CE, you never know... I doubt Tingle RPG will even get released here. It seems to be one of those quarky Japanese games we don't get over here. Or in your case I have no idea.

If it's actually any good, I might import it heh. If you americans don't get it, the chances of us getting it are minimal.

CE, you never know... I doubt Tingle RPG will even get released here. It seems to be one of those quarky Japanese games we don't get over here. Or in your case I have no idea.
Lets hope it's not brought over here. We will avoid weird nightmares about fat men in tight suits...

More games to look at.

Spectrobes? I dunno what to make out of this game.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Looks like a pretty cool mystery game or something.

Kirby DS This looks like any other Kirby platformer, fun :D

Lunar Knights Looks like that game Boktai for GBA. Looks like it might be a good title.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin I know everyone's probably seen this, but I'm be slow in the scene lately :P This game looks beautiful.

Micro Machines V4 Multiplayer looks like it might be the only enjoyable thing about this game.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Looks like a pretty cool mystery game or something.

Adventure game being developed by Cing, which is the same studio who did Trace Memory.

Kirby DS This looks like any other Kirby platformer, fun :D

Played it at E3, it's a return to the old school Kirby, with a few twists. The touch screen keeps health and enemies trapped in bubbles, and popping those bubbles gives Kirby whatever is inside; it's sort of like an item inventory. You can also combine items and enemies to form new items or fusion powers for Kirby to use.

Lunar Knights Looks like that game Boktai for GBA. Looks like it might be a good title.

In fact it's made by the same people (Kojima productions) and is considered part of the Boktai series. If you own a Boktai game and have it in the GBA slot on the DS, you can use the weather sensor on it for Lunar Knights. Otherwise, the game has its own weather system.