Nintendo DS

The Damned

I finally got back into MPH. I tried the stylus control. I like it a lot in the sense of aiming and maneuvering, but it gets pretty uncomfortable after a while. If there was a better way of jumping, then I'd be so much more happy because I'm pretty jump happy when it comes to wi-fi.

I think i'll actually beat the game before I get back to Wi-Fi though.

Time for a new DS or GBA game, but I have no idea what do get.

http://Bigfoot.1up.com

That's what I have currently. Give me some ideas :D

Love Metroid? Go for Castlevania DS first. I've been a Metroid fan for years, and as soon as I heard Castlevania was Metroid-style exploration, I was hooked.

Add in RPG elements, especially since you also seem to enjoy Elder Scrolls, and you're in for a hit. Just be sure to not to get the crappy ending, or you'll have a reaction like the one in my signature. xD

Also, I'll probably be getting a Lite for my birthday in about half a month or so.

I have Castlevania DS, it's on there :P

Whoops, my bad. Didn't scroll down. ^_^

I finally got back into MPH. I tried the stylus control. I like it a lot in the sense of aiming and maneuvering, but it gets pretty uncomfortable after a while. If there was a better way of jumping, then I'd be so much more happy because I'm pretty jump happy when it comes to wi-fi.

You might now like this, but you could always stick your pinky on the R trigger and jump with that. I don't use it, but I thought I would just suggest it to you so that you can at least try it.

You might now like this, but you could always stick your pinky on the R trigger and jump with that. I don't use it, but I thought I would just suggest it to you so that you can at least try it.

That'd probably give me a hand cramp after a while :P Good suggestion though.

Okay. I lost 9 of my games (which included most of my best games) so all I have to play now is the NEW Super Mario Bros. and Super Monkeyball.

What games am I going to have to keep a look out for, and what games that are already out should I look into?

edit: You might need a list of what I already have:

Super Mario 64 DS

Urbz

Warioware Touched! (lost)

Pac-Pix (lost)

Bomberman

Kirby Canvas Curse

Meteos (lost)

Mario Kart DS (lost)

Phoenix Wright (lost)

Animal Crossing DS (lost)

Trace Memory (lost)

Electroplankton (lost)

Metroid Prime Hunters (lost)

Super Monkeyball Touch and Roll

New Super Mario Bros.

I don't plan on replacing any lost games.

Ok, this is really bugging me. Either it's just me, or the D-pad really blows on the Lite. Or maybe I just have a bad product.

I thought it was bad in MPH, but I'd give it a shot on another game. I was playing Sword of Mana and I found it hard sometimes to run in a diagonal direction.

http://www.studioarchcraft.com/project.htm

I think this has been posted in this thread. But anyone who hasn't seen it definitly must.

Battle system reminds me of Grandia. Looks like Chrono Trigger in a way.

Count me in.

Yeah it looks really fun, can't wait for a new game to play.

Also has the DS lite come out in the US yet? If not when does it release?

Yeah, it came out June 11th.

^^^ K thanks. But what i really need to know is if it really is worth spending the money. I mean i have a DS that is a little messed up (thats a different story) but i just am not sure if i want to drop $130 on something that is so similar to what i already have. Is it really going to end up being worth it in the end?

What games am I going to have to keep a look out for, and what games that are already out should I look into?

edit: You might need a list of what I already have:

Super Mario 64 DS

Urbz

Warioware Touched! (lost)

Pac-Pix (lost)

Bomberman

Kirby Canvas Curse

Meteos (lost)

Mario Kart DS (lost)

Phoenix Wright (lost)

Animal Crossing DS (lost)

Trace Memory (lost)

Electroplankton (lost)

Metroid Prime Hunters (lost)

Super Monkeyball Touch and Roll

New Super Mario Bros.

Here are your must-haves when they are released:

Children of Mana

Phoenix Wright 2

Lunar Knights

Yoshi's Island 2

Kirby DS

Others:

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (if you liked Trace Memory, this game is by the same developer)

Final Fantasy 3

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Deep Labyrinth (Masato Katou of Chrono Trigger doing the story, Yasunori Mitsuda doing the music)

Contact

Mega Man ZX

Stay away from:

Starfox DS

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Tenchi DS (even though I liked it, it's not a very good game)

Stay away from:

Starfox DS

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

I was looking forward to SFDS :( What's wrong with it?

Almost all of it.

First of all, the touch screen control destroys all of the twitchiness that Star Fox 64 was known for (and what made it so good). The control is overly sensitive and sometimes confused to the inputs you give it.

Secondly, doing maneuvers like loops and u-turns now requires you to press a small icon ont he touch screen, taking out the skill of doing them, but also forcing you to stop controlling your arwing for however long it takes you to glance form the top screen to find the icon and press it. I should also mention that barrel rolling is now a thing of the past; it's been taken out as a maneuver.

Lastly, the whole setup of the game is ludicrous. They've changed the mission/story based style of SF64 and turned SFDS into a pseudo-tactical RPG where you move each individual squadron's arwing around a map, positioning them to intercept enemies (which takes you into a battle sequence where you actually fly the damn ship). Each turn you're expected to manage the amount of fuel each arwing has, with the ultimate goal being to defeat the enemy's mothership.

Levels have been reduced to such mundane goals as "fly through X number of rings" or "kill X number of enemies" for completion.

If people thought Starfox Adventures was bad, they could at least ignore it because the gameplay was so different. Nintendo is taking the core of Star Fox 64 and removing everything that was good about it.

Stay away from:

Starfox DS

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Almost all of it.

First of all, the touch screen control destroys all of the twitchiness that Star Fox 64 was known for (and what made it so good). The control is overly sensitive and sometimes confused to the inputs you give it.

Secondly, doing maneuvers like loops and u-turns now requires you to press a small icon ont he touch screen, taking out the skill of doing them, but also forcing you to stop controlling your arwing for however long it takes you to glance form the top screen to find the icon and press it. I should also mention that barrel rolling is now a thing of the past; it's been taken out as a maneuver.

Lastly, the whole setup of the game is ludicrous. They've changed the mission/story based style of SF64 and turned SFDS into a pseudo-tactical RPG where you move each individual squadron's arwing around a map, positioning them to intercept enemies (which takes you into a battle sequence where you actually fly the damn ship). Each turn you're expected to manage the amount of fuel each arwing has, with the ultimate goal being to defeat the enemy's mothership.

Levels have been reduced to such mundane goals as "fly through X number of rings" or "kill X number of enemies" for completion.

If people thought Starfox Adventures was bad, they could at least ignore it because the gameplay was so different. Nintendo is taking the core of Star Fox 64 and removing everything that was good about it.

Whoa. Most of those things won't change without a complete overhaul of the game.. I'll be cautious.

Stay away from:

Starfox DS

Mario Hoops 3 on 3

Almost all of it.

:cry:

When will Nintendo learn that they need to BUILD on SF64, not rape it to little tiny pieces of a game and shamelessly make a new game. Adventures had nice arwing missions. Assault had great Arwing missions. Now Command will have great "Free-Range Mode" missions. How bout, I dunno, put it all together huh?

Also, you sure Command doesn't have an optional control scheme? It seems like a too bold a move for nintendo do make it touch screen only...

And LAOS, we are still waiting for that OCR DS skin :puppyeyes: .

Well, don't worry Horseboy. I'm working on one. It's kinda the same as LAOS, but I am still tweaking it. I'll post fri. afternoon with more and maybe a preview :wink: .

EDIT: To hold you over, here, http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j261/lancer130/db84f92f.gif I know it looks pixlated, but I'm still workin on it.

Just out of curiousity, what about Mario Hoops 3 on 3? What makes it so bad?

It's too slow and controls too simply, and deviates so far from basketball, to be anything other than a curiosity or short-lived time-killer. I'm sure some people might like it, but it really feels like it's made for 3rd graders.

O RLY

What you're seeing in that video is an item power up that barrel rolls you for a certain amount of time before going away. It is in no way user controlled.

Also, you sure Command doesn't have an optional control scheme? It seems like a too bold a move for nintendo do make it touch screen only...

That would have been nice, and redeemed the game in a lot of ways because the biggest problem is the control. Talking with the Nintendo guy at the DS booth at E3, he said that the biggest suggestion for improvement in the game that he kept hearing from show-goers was a non-touch screen control input.

Whether Nintendo implements that remains to be seen (I desperately hope they do), but the E3 build featured touch-screen control only.

It's the same reason I didn't like Mario Hoops; all touch-screen control, no alternate way to play the game.

That would have been nice, and redeemed the game in a lot of ways because the biggest problem is the control. Talking with the Nintendo guy at the DS booth at E3, he said that the biggest suggestion for improvement in the game that he kept hearing from show-goers was a non-touch screen control input.

Whether Nintendo implements that remains to be seen (I desperately hope they do), but the E3 build featured touch-screen control only.

It's the same reason I didn't like Mario Hoops; all touch-screen control, no alternate way to play the game.

D:

http://www.studioarchcraft.com/project.htm

I think this has been posted in this thread. But anyone who hasn't seen it definitly must.

Battle system reminds me of Grandia. Looks like Chrono Trigger in a way.

Count me in.

Wow, that looks really good, if not only because of it's resemblence to Chrono Trigger. It looks like they just traced over Crono's sprite in a few parts, but still, it looks awesome. I'm looking forward to this.