Nintendo DS

The Damned

Yeah, Contact looked somewhat interesting, but not enough for me to buy it. I'm still waiting for this RPG. I think it was plugged in this thread before, but worth mentioning again.

Worth mentioning again INDEED. Here I was, just complaining about how gaming news had been so slow and how there were almost no decent RPGs on the DS when BAM!

Hopefully Project:Exile gets off the ground. I want this thing.

Advance Wars DS is still probably the best RPG for the DS, I think, and it came out a looong time ago. Hopefully FFIII will be worth the wait. For a guy who mostly plays RPGs, the DS has been building it's momentum a bit too slowly.

EDIT: Oh yeah, how could I forget? My life more or less revolves around Pokemon Diamond & Pearl. Good to know there's a few fans in the OCR community. I figured you guys would be burning Pokemon fans at the stake by now.

...then again, I think it's some kind of requirement that you have to love Nintendo games of some kind to register on the forums, right? :)

I don't think Advance Wars can be considered an RPG, since there is no character or stat improvement.

Turn-based strategy game?

Off the top of my head, though, the only "mildly tradition" RPGs that were worth anything were AW:DS and Castlevania DS. There've been some recent tries, like Lost Magic, but they're kinda on the meh side. Also, you have to consider that most genres these days seem influenced by SNES RPGs... sports games incorperate upgradable stats, action games incorperate similarly grandious stories, etc.

My point was, I guess, that right now all the potentially great DS RPGs aren't out yet. Nevermind what constitutes an RPG...

I can't wait for FFIII, CoM, and I heard good things about Magical Vacation 2 or whatever it's being called here.

AND WHERE IS OUR FIRE EMBLEM FOR THE DS??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

I really don't want to wait for the Wii for the next Fire Emblem.

I can't wait for FFIII, CoM, and I heard good things about Magical Vacation 2 or whatever it's being called here.

Maybe instead of being a Square-Enix and Nintendo whore you should check out other quality offerings like Contact and Deep Labyrinth.

Maybe instead of being a Square-Enix and Nintendo whore you should check out other quality offerings like Contact and Deep Labyrinth.

Contact's out already?

Yeah, I forgot to mention Contact. I haven't really seen like what the gameplay will be like, but it looks really interesting. That's a game I'm looking forward to too.

The box is awesome.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1344/contacttitlesheet08012006ij7.jpg

EDITED FOR HUGENESS

And Deep Labyrinth looks interesting, but I'm not sure if that's a game I will be getting, but I might get it anyways if I don't have any games to play.

Contact comes out next month right?

I didn't quite feel like reading over +35 pages of posts so I apologize if I'm being redundant. The new Pokemon games (not the poop that is dungeon rescue whatever) look awesome. Ad-hoc and online play are set to make Pokemon Diamond/Pearl shine like jewels. The localization of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Retitled: Elite Beat Agents) will be interesting to see considering they've retooled it so much that they may as well call it a sequel. If you're into the J-Rock/Pop the import is good for that. I hope whatever licensed music (if at all) that they have in the English version doesn't suck. According to the informative folks at 1up.com the next Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney game will not prominently feature Phoenix Wright. The series will have a new main character taking on the role of ace attorney. If you didn't pick up the first game, good luck doing so now. If you do find it, consider yourself lucky, so make sure to play the heck out of it. So much great stuff to spend money on coming out within the year, so little, little money in my wallet.

Yeah, I forgot to mention Contact. I haven't really seen like what the gameplay will be like, but it looks really interesting. That's a game I'm looking forward to too.

The box is awesome.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1344/contacttitlesheet08012006ij7.jpg

EDITED FOR HUGENESS

And Deep Labyrinth looks interesting, but I'm not sure if that's a game I will be getting, but I might get it anyways if I don't have any games to play.

Contact comes out next month right?

wow that was a massive ds case... sounds intrestring. Looks like the kinda game id get on an impulse buy and be happy about.

Maybe instead of being an Atlus whore, you should let people buy what they want.

Maybe instead of being an Atlus whore, you should let people buy what they want.

I'm not forcing anything on anyone. I'm broadening horizons.

I've bought more DS games now than in my entire N64's lifecycle. This thing's amazing I tell you. Didn't the DS also hit 21 mil worldwide recently? 10 mil in Japan, 5 mil in US, 5 mil in Europe, 1 mil other methinks.

Indeed. My DS collecion is nearing my GC collection count. Did the DS ever suck on launch, phew.. what a come back.

I've bought more DS games now than in my entire N64's lifecycle. This thing's amazing I tell you. Didn't the DS also hit 21 mil worldwide recently? 10 mil in Japan, 5 mil in US, 5 mil in Europe, 1 mil other methinks.

Indeed. My DS collecion is nearing my GC collection count. Did the DS ever suck on launch, phew.. what a come back.

The launch sure sucked. That's what kept me out of the DS range until a year later....

I didn't quite feel like reading over +35 pages of posts so I apologize if I'm being redundant. The new Pokemon games (not the poop that is dungeon rescue whatever) look awesome. Ad-hoc and online play are set to make Pokemon Diamond/Pearl shine like jewels. The localization of Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (Retitled: Elite Beat Agents) will be interesting to see considering they've retooled it so much that they may as well call it a sequel. If you're into the J-Rock/Pop the import is good for that. I hope whatever licensed music (if at all) that they have in the English version doesn't suck. According to the informative folks at 1up.com the next Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney game will not prominently feature Phoenix Wright. The series will have a new main character taking on the role of ace attorney. If you didn't pick up the first game, good luck doing so now. If you do find it, consider yourself lucky, so make sure to play the heck out of it. So much great stuff to spend money on coming out within the year, so little, little money in my wallet.

Elite Beat Agents IS a sequel. It features new characters and liscensed songs. Livin' La Vida Loca and Walkie Talkie Man have already been confirmed. XD

And yeah, GS4 has a new main character, but GS 2, releasing in the states of Phoenix Wright: Justice For All, still stars the title hero. Plus, the first game got rereleased, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

I dunno, calling someone a "whore" seems pretty forceful to me.

Might be just me, though. :/

I dunno, calling someone a "whore" seems pretty forceful to me.

Might be just me, though. :/

I'd also say that Phthisis is a little biased, given that he works for Atlus :P. Reguardless, the more of Contact I see the more I want it (when is it released stateside?). Of course, I still desperately want a Fire Emblem to be released to the DS and am really looking forward to FFIII (I'm sure as hell not as Square-Enix whore, and I'm only attracted to Nintendo games that are fun...and that tends to be, well, most of them these days :P). Yay for the DS, yay for choices, yay for games!

Pheonix Wright and Trauma Center arrived today, after an exceptionally short waiting period. Pheonix seems like a blast, I haven't played Trauma Center yet, but my brother is right now, he says it's good and I trust his judgment. Those guys over there seem to have done a nice job Phthisis. BTW, what is it that you do exactly?

EA sports huh? I'd go there to test the soccer games, but not much. You might have a chance to test Madden Wii...no?

BTW, I'm on the second case, with that annoying April girl... She's lying, I know. She's gonna burn. I do like seeing her eye twitch when she's in trouble though. And I'm noticing some...unfair "jiggliness"... cheater.

Sorry for the double post, but here's some interesting article on the DS, and Nintendo's overall strategy and success with it.

MSN Money (of msn.com), in an article from the financial website thestreet.com, explain why nintendo has "hit the next level" with the Nintendo DS, financially-wise.

The article