Nintendo DS

The Damned

Okay, so I just heard about a game called Luminous Arc for the DS. It's supposed to be an SRPG and it looks interesting because I really want and SRPG for the DS. Also heard who was making the music was and...

Music and sound production by Yasunori Mitsuda

scans from famitsu.

http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88406_lumarc1_591lo.jpg

http://img134.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88413_lumarc2_528lo.jpg

I hope this game comes out here, but judging by the lack of info in English, I guess we won't be seeing it.

Okay, so I just heard about a game called Luminous Arc for the DS. It's supposed to be an SRPG and it looks interesting because I really want and SRPG for the DS. Also heard who was making the music was and...
Music and sound production by Yasunori Mitsuda

scans from famitsu.

http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88406_lumarc1_591lo.jpg

http://img134.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88413_lumarc2_528lo.jpg

I hope this game comes out here, but judging by the lack of info in English, I guess we won't be seeing it.

That looks fantastic. Battle system reminds me of FF Tactics, but the story sequences seem more Disgaea-inspired. I could use a good, involved DS RPG. Here's hoping it comes Stateside.

I R 1337 |-|/\[|<3R!

I wonder how the US will take a game where you break into people's computers and hack the megabytes? Sounds like something parents and law officials could get behind and use as an example of how video games teach your children bad things.

But then there's games that let you be a Surgeon or a Defense Attorney.

So they have other choices as a career path. :P j/k

I doubt anyone would care except Jack Thompson. Well, he probably won't care either because you're not a thug killing people and bangin' hoes.

What is Rune Factory?

I've seen the screen shots and stuff, and know it's made by the Harvest Moon people... Is it like an RPG Harvest Moon or something??

ANyways, I just hope Atlus or someone bring Luminous Arc over here. Anyway you can give them input or something UE?

What is Rune Factory?

I've seen the screen shots and stuff, and know it's made by the Harvest Moon people... Is it like an RPG Harvest Moon or something??

It's the "New Harvest Moon" series. It's American name is New Havest Moon: Rune Factory and it involves fighting monsters and more traditional RPG elements mixed in to the old HM formula.

ANyways, I just hope Atlus or someone bring Luminous Arc over here. Anyway you can give them input or something UE?

Everyone at the office has been checking out Luminous Arc. Whether or not Atlus decides to do it, I am willing ot bet it gets brought stateside by someone.

Also, you can make your requests heard if you head over to the Atlus.com message boards. They have a qhole forum for game suggestions that fans would like to see localized. That's partially how Steambot Chronicles got brought over.

The current market has a kindling for RPGs. Given the lack of an AAA RPG on the DS, I'm guessing Nintendo is going to push Pokemon as hard as they can, and then find another RPG to complement it, for the people who dislike pokemon (like myself). This could be Luminous Arc. Or the other one...contact?

Harvest Moon has always been one of the best games, ever in my opinion, because it approaches gaming in a casual, careful and non-violent way, and manages to pull it off with one of the oddest game recipes ever (manage a farm? Atleast at first it was sort of weird). Putting in fighting elements will basically crush the heart of the game, in my opinion.

I am not sure that this new Rune Factory game is mean to replace the farming games that so many people like. I think it's more of a spin-off that will branch into it's own series. But I could be wrong.

Yeah, that's how Marvelous Interactive is approaching it. They're going to keep the old Harvest Moon, too, but this is sport of a spin-off series.

Ahh, well that sort of explains it I guess. And then I'm perfectly fine with it. Have there any words on a Harvest Moon DS title then?
Yup. IGN just a few videos a couple days ago too.

IGN also had something pretty cool to say about Lumnious Arc:

Marvelous Interactive and Image Epoch are teaming up for an original DS strategy RPG. The latest issue of Famitsu has a blowout on Luminous Arc, which features characters by Shibano Kaito and sound production by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Cross, Xenosaga).

Omfg crab, lern 2 reed.

I said that a while back dude!!

I serioiusly can't wait for Luminous Arc, someone just has to bring it over here.

On another note, I finally have Phoenix Wright. I just beat the oh so sad Second Trial. The characters in the game make me so freaking angry sometimes.

Omfg crab, lern 2 reed.

I serioiusly can't wait for Luminous Arc, someone just has to bring it over here.

On another note, I finally have Phoenix Wright. I just beat the oh so sad Second Trial. The characters in the game make me so freaking angry sometimes.

The game gets WAY better, trust me. ;)

Omfg crab, lern 2 reed.

Seriously. Each case tops the one before it.

Omfg crab, lern 2 reed.

Seriously. Each case tops the one before it.

It's awesome. A great return to text based videogames, with a hint of nostalgia, and a ton of laughs. If books were videogames, I'd put this up as a bestseller.