Nintendo DS

The Damned

Alright, so I'm looking to someone who's played that new DS puzzle game Konductra. Is it any good? It seems like a more complex version of Polarium, and I'm curious if it's any good.

I love portable puzzle titles, and now that I've mastered both Tetris and Meteos, I need another fix. Gunpey is coming out later this year (the PSP version will probably be better), but in the meantime, how is Konductra?

I haven't personally played it, but a friend told me it plays alot like internet games like Zuma and Luxor.

I think you're thinking of Magnetica. Konductra just came out today.

I noticed there was a section with snow and I wonder if that weather will have an effect on the battles in that area. For example accuracy could automatically be lowered because of the heavy weather. Certain attacks like fly could also be harder to use and/or less effective. That could get pretty crazy.

Rain and Sunlight in RSE had effects in battle. Rain would weaken all Fire attacks and cause Solar Beam to charge for three turns instead of hte normal two, while boosting all Water attacks to cause more damage.

Sunny weather would do the opposite, and make Solar Beam a one-turn powerup and use attack, meaning you could deal out fuckloads of damage over and over.

Both effects were introduced in the second generation, Gold and Silver, but it may be that in Diamond/Pearl, they will also add Sandstorm and Hail effects too. They normally just cause a small amount of damage to most types at the end of each round for five turns. Maybe they could add similar effects this time.

Although I doubt it, that snow could mean that every area could be randomly effected by weather depending on it's climate. It would be an interesting feature, but I doubt something like that is being put into place. Perhaps they will have a season system similar to Animal Crossing. When it's fall in your area it's fall in the game. That could be interesting too. Most likely though it will just be that area that's snowy and none of this will ever happen. :P

I do recall reading on the game directors blog thingy that he had been toying with the idea of making a more realilistic weather system, with changing patterns and locations. But nothing was mentioned on the subject since, and that was months ago. Who knows? They haven't revealed everything yet, and it would be an interesting feature to have.

The video demonstrated the voice chat. I wonder how they are going to solve language barriers. Maybe they will disable voice chat when playing with someone in another region.

I's sort of possible. There's a feature in the game that uses a globe to show you where your trading partner is located in the real world (each peron is going to be represented by a little flashing dot showing their approximate position, and the game keeps track of everyone you trade with, so you can see where all of your trades have come from), so the system can tell where you are from. But I suspect that there's an option to just turn chat off.

We'll see in about six weeks when it comes out in Japan.

/pokenerd

omfg double post!!

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody is going to get Deep Labyrinth. The game looks intersting and all, but I just don't know anything about it. It seems its mediocre, IGN gave the game a 6.5, I was just asking to see if anybody is going to get it, and if they do post a review or something.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/725/725603p1.html

Well, after reading a little more about it, I might get the game. It just seems like an interesting thing, and it comes with two different stories.

omfg double post!!

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody is going to get Deep Labyrinth. The game looks intersting and all, but I just don't know anything about it. It seems its mediocre, IGN gave the game a 6.5, I was just asking to see if anybody is going to get it, and if they do post a review or something.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/725/725603p1.html

Well, after reading a little more about it, I might get the game. It just seems like an interesting thing, and it comes with two different stories.

I bought it today, actually. haven't played it yet, but most of the people at work really loved it.

I think the reason it's getting such low scores is that it's so non-traditional that playing it is a bit awkward at first.

It's a rental at least, but come on. Support Atlus! Support first-person RPGs!

Deep Labyrinth is awesome. I'm having a lot of fun with it. The reviews truly don't do the game justice. Sure it has its flaws, and you can tell it's a port of a cell phone game, but in the same way PSO had its flaws, Deep Labyrinth is addicting as hell (just like PSO).

The touch screen functionality is great, and I really love drawing spell characters in order to cast. It's pretty awesome. Sure there are some things that aren't so great (like the ease of the first chapter), btu overall, I would recommend it. I like it a lot. Great dungeon romp.

Oh yeah and the music by Mr. Mitsuda is fantastic.

Music would be one reason I would get the game. Also just read more about Contact, it seems kinda weird. So like we don't control the fighting in that game at all?

I found that very strange. Maybe I'll get this instead of Contact.

OMFG TINGLE RPG COMMERCIAL~!!!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/achj/movie/index.html

I had no idea what was going on, but still the game looks really good.

Sure it has its flaws, and you can tell it's a port of a cell phone game, but in the same way PSO had its flaws, Deep Labyrinth is addicting as hell (just like PSO).

OK FINE YOU WIN.

You mentioned PSO in the same sentence as Deep Labyrinth. Twice. Now I have NO EXCUSE to not buy Deep Labyrinth. Stupid games and me having to pay my hard-earned money for them.

Toys R Us is giving away Mew on Saturaday, Sempterber 30th. If you live in the US, and have a GBA with Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red or Leaf Green, you can show up and they will download a Mew onto your game. This is just like a similar event they did back in 1998 for RBY (from which I still have my legit Mew on Silver). Then when the DS games come out, you can transfer it over.

Hopefully, other countries (hackhackcoughCanadacough) will have the same sort of event in the future. Of course, with the DSs online abilities, we could jsut download such things from our homes, negating the whole hassle of finding a store that is participating.

See, I managed to put something vaguely DS-releated in there.

I'll skip Deep Labyrinth. The reviews have been a turn off, besides it looks a lot like the Elder Scrolls series and for that I have... the elder scrolls series :?

By the way, Starfox command is almost out people. Who's gonna get it? I won't, UE's told me not to. But I will ignore him if reviews sing it high praise. I confess, reviews mean a lot to me, especially Gamespot's and Gamespy's as a confirmation. I've found that my opinion has been more or less the same as the GS reviewer's ones. No harm to you UE or anything about the SFC thing haha.

I think I'll be skipping out on Star Fox too. It just looks like Star Fox 2, the one that never came out. It even looks as easy as it. I beat the beta version of Star Fox 2 in like 20 minutes or something. The only reason I might get SFC is for the multiplayer mode.

Phantom Hourglass is gonna be the bomb.com, but why did they push the release date further away? Wasn't it supposed to come out this year?

Final Fantasy III looks pretty awesome too. You guys should check out its cover-story in October's edition of Nintendo Power. Sweet.

-----------------------

Now, this isn't exactly a game, but do you guys think it would be cool if Nintendo released a set of Office Tools for DS (Web Browser, Word Processor, Email, etc)? I think it would be useful. Then again, why not just buy a pocket PC?

Yeah, I've got it right here. It's on September 30th. Take either Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen to get Mew. Will it work with a DS? Or do you have to have an actual GBA or SP?

I'm excited for Pokemon Pearl and Diamond though. The cards stink, and the show is stupid, but the games rock.