Nintendo DS

The Damned

Confirmation accepted. Awesome. Now to just somehow make it to a US city with a Toys R Us... Should only be about a six hour drive. EDIT: make that a twelve hour drive. The nearest store I could find is in Veradale, Washington. And that assumes that they are even participating in the event in the first place... I guess that I am screwed, and will only ever have one by finding someone to trade with on DP, use a cheat device (not my style) or risk mailing my cart to someone in the US who will do it for me...

No, the DS won't work. I suspect that they will do it one of two ways;

1. Either by hooking up your GBA to a Gamecube, like a demo station, or one specificly setup to handle this event, and just download one onto your cartridge.

2. They will have GBAs with special carts in them that download Mew onto your carts.

Either way, you will needa GBA. The DS has no cable port to connect with either a GBA or Gamecube, and the DSs wireless is completely incompatible with the very limited Gamecube wireless (namely, the Wavebird controller, which wouldn't be used for something like this anyways). GBA only, I'm afraid.

I'm excited for Pokemon Pearl and Diamond though. The cards stink, and the show is stupid, but the games rock.
Same.

I'll skip Deep Labyrinth. The reviews have been a turn off, besides it looks a lot like the Elder Scrolls series and for that I have... the elder scrolls series :?

By the way, Starfox command is almost out people. Who's gonna get it? I won't, UE's told me not to. But I will ignore him if reviews sing it high praise. I confess, reviews mean a lot to me, especially Gamespot's and Gamespy's as a confirmation. I've found that my opinion has been more or less the same as the GS reviewer's ones. No harm to you UE or anything about the SFC thing haha.

Here's what I see happening: Starfox Command getting inflated reviews when it's not that good and Deep Labyrinth getting bad reviews when it's actually pretty sweet.

I understand the reliance on reviews, but you're kind of cheating yourself out of a good game based on arbitrary scores. Might I recommend borrowing Deep Labyrinth from someone to give it a try and see if you like it?

I'll skip Deep Labyrinth. The reviews have been a turn off, besides it looks a lot like the Elder Scrolls series and for that I have... the elder scrolls series :?

By the way, Starfox command is almost out people. Who's gonna get it? I won't, UE's told me not to. But I will ignore him if reviews sing it high praise. I confess, reviews mean a lot to me, especially Gamespot's and Gamespy's as a confirmation. I've found that my opinion has been more or less the same as the GS reviewer's ones. No harm to you UE or anything about the SFC thing haha.

Here's what I see happening: Starfox Command getting inflated reviews when it's not that good and Deep Labyrinth getting bad reviews when it's actually pretty sweet.

I understand the reliance on reviews, but you're kind of cheating yourself out of a good game based on arbitrary scores. Might I recommend borrowing Deep Labyrinth from someone to give it a try and see if you like it?

Nobody here bought it so I have no one to borrow it from. My boss won't let me open a new copy to try it so I guess I'm sticking with Starfox.

Well, it's not like its a bad thing... But all the games I wanted for September are being pushed back... FFIII is now coming out in November. It looks like I'm going to have to get Deep Labyrinth or something.

Hahahah, forgot Disgaea 2 coming out in like 5 days... That'll keep me busy for a while.

I don't know anyone with Deep Labyrinth yet (portugal remembe?) and renting games is nonexistant here. That's why I trust reviews so much. I gotta, because 8/10 times, the only way I'll get to play the game is buying it. I've noticed that 90% of the times, my opinions match the reviewer's. There are cases where it doesn't of course, but it's usually spot on. And I rarely go for any game below an 8/10. Besides, DL isn't out here yet, and I reserve the importing for major titles, like Megaman ZX. Which I will undoubtedly import. As I said, the resons for me not to get DL are that it's like The Elder Scrolls, only inferior yet portable. And I don't wanna spend 40 euros on the difference sorry :?

I like how 2 reviews counts as inflated for Starfox Command :P

Btw, I'm guessing that you're a contract employee no? Most testers are, so...

I don't work for them anymore, so no, no longer a contract employee. And guess what? I'm still enjoying Deep Labyrinth!

Starfox Command is absolute crap. I've played it. For enough time to know that it sucks. But have fun with it. Most gamers are masochists (just look at the popularity of Final Fantasy 7).

I don't work for them anymore, so no, no longer a contract employee. And guess what? I'm still enjoying Deep Labyrinth!

Starfox Command is absolute crap. I've played it. For enough time to know that it sucks. But have fun with it. Most gamers are masochists (just look at the popularity of Final Fantasy 7).

Maybe SFC got better after the demo you played...

They already altered the controls a bit, a Barrel Roll can now be done at any time by drawing a circle on the screen, rather than the previously-reported flying through rings. The entire game is still screen-controlled though.

LOL, I forgot that Phthisis is the absolute authority on what EVERYONE's tastes must be for games.

No one is attacking Deep Labyrinth, like how you're attacking like everything :P. Enough with your "no one can see beyond 1st party/Square Enix titles but me, so I must enlighten them!"/persecution complex bullshit. Especially here people are aware of the 3rd party titles, so quit your Atlus crusade already. Doesn't matter who makes a game if it doesn't appeal to someone...if people don't care for Deep Labyrinth, they won't but it. You know what else? It's the same thing for Starfox Command, or any other game for that matter. What you're trying to do is what critics do: tell people to buy games cuz you say so, being the high authority you are Mr. ex-contract game tester (not that a pro game designer [or even a critic for that matter] would be any more of an authority).

Lucky for us, there exist DS download stations so we can try out games like DL and SFC before purchasing and decide for ourselves what we like and want to buy. I'm willing to give both a fair try, though they're not even on the list right now and won't be for at least the rest of the calendar year (given all the Wii games I'm getting, plus FFIII and Contact for DS).

EDIT:

That's a possibility, one that Phthisis should recognize given that he didn't come in late on a project. He should know all about the different builds that testers have to bug, and how vast the differences can be. Of course, he may just not like the game, which is fine since no one said he HAS to like it :P lol.

I imported the Japanese version. It doesn't really suck.

The controls feel intuitive to me (moreso than Star Fox Assault did). Though it would have been nice touse the buttons for a couple of things, such as boost and brake.

The story is so dependant on your choices that I can't really put an overall opinion to it, but I do not like some of the endings.

It could use more variety, yes, but it is still fun.

But, because I am a big Star Fox Fanatic, my opinion will be dismissed as biased so I don't even know why I bother stating it. :roll:

I imported the Japanese version. It doesn't really suck.

The controls feel intuitive to me (moreso than Star Fox Assault did). Though it would have been nice touse the buttons for a couple of things, such as boost and brake.

The story is so dependant on your choices that I can't really put an overall opinion to it, but I do not like some of the endings.

It could use more variety, yes, but it is still fun.

But, because I am a big Star Fox Fanatic, my opinion will be dismissed as biased so I don't even know why I bother stating it. :roll:

YOU'RE BIASED. WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER STATING YOUR OPINION?