Nintendo DS

The Damned

IGN has a list of high-profile DS games coming out this fall.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/730/730196p1.html

I'm relieved that I'm not interested in more than three of them. Elite Beat Agents, Yoshi's Island, and Kirby Squeek Squad is already too much on my wallet.

And FFIII is tempting...

Oh my god. I'll be importing two of those so I get them before-hand. TWO! How can I choose? I mean, Portrait of Ruin is a no brainer since Castlevania is one of my favorite series but I have too much to choose. I want Kirby, Megaman ZX, FF3, Yoshi's Island 2, Elite Beat Agents, Contact, Childran of Mana, and if one of those others games gets a 8.5 or 9 rating, that too! God. Plus the wii, this means I'll have to skip on the majority of these, or make a plan with more friends as to buy alternate titles and switch. This blows/rocks :(:)

OMG >_< MUST...RESIST...URGE...TO...BUY...everything.

I can't stand it. There's at LEAST 5 games in that list that I want to play. And that's gonna set me back at least $150, not to mention the Wii, which is going to be either in Oct. or Nov. And that's $250 more, plus a game or two, and that's $300 total. DAMMIT I hate being a po' ass bitch.

Thank god for credit cards -_-

Only one question. Is FF III the same from the Supernes? (Final Fantasy 6 in Japan)

If it isnt, they should remake that game and release it!!!

No, It's a remake of Final Fantasy 3(JP). It's the one that never came out of Japan.

But will they remake FF VI? :(

Yes, for GBA. Just like FF4 and FF5.

They'll both be solid, can't we agree on that?

Sure. Personally, I would rather have a brand new Mana adventure that features SNES gameplay with 4 player wireless multiplayer than a remake of a 17 year-old single-player RPG.

But I'm sure both games will be of high presentational quality.

Even if it is a remake of a 17 year old game, let's remember that it was only released in Japan. So basically to a lot of people it will be like a brand new game.

I mean, look at Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission. MZM is a remake of a 17 year old game(when it came out in 2004).

Sure. Personally, I would rather have a brand new Mana adventure that features SNES gameplay with 4 player wireless multiplayer than a remake of a 17 year-old single-player RPG.

Even if it is a remake of a 17 year old game, let's remember that it was only released in Japan. So basically to a lot of people it will be like a brand new game.

I mean, look at Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission. MZM is a remake of a 17 year old game(when it came out in 2004).

omfg ur rong it wuz a prequel

omfg ur rong it wuz a prequel

Haha

I wonder if Dai is still preaching about that on forums.

I am pleasantly surprised with Star Fox Command. The controls are very manageable, though you wouldn't think so at first. Barrel-rolling is a trifle annoying, but only because it draws energy from the boost gauge. Otherwise, I can pull it off pretty much at will. I still think the game would benefit from a traditional control scheme, but it is bearable. The graphics are quite excellent, as is the music. I don't know about the story yet, as I haven't gotten very far.

We'll see how I like it when I've played more, but for now it gets my approval.

The control scheme in Starfox Command is bad, IMHO. Not terrible, but not good, and certainly not as awesome as it could be with a few simple changes.

It puts way too much unnecessary emphasis on the touch screen, which actually makes the controls more complex than less. If you ask me, the barrel roll command should have been linked to a button, as well as perhaps loop and roll. That way the touch screen is in control of only one aspect of the game. I mean, you have five buttons accessible to your non-touching hand, so why not use them? The other change that it severely needs is sensitivity control. The current sensitivity is WAY too low.

It looks amazing though.