Nintendo DS

The Damned

Man, Bigfoot. You just can't get a break, huh?

Seriously. I've never had this much bad luck with something before. I think I'll open it in my car next time to make sure there's nothing wrong with it haha.

I'm catching up to my friend who is on his 4th Xbox360..

fourth? jesus.

The only problem I've ever had with either of my DS's is a stuck pixel in very near the top right corner of my fat DS. The Lite has zero issues.

...not that I mean to make you feel bad or anything :wink:

Haha, well my 2nd one was perfect until one day I somehow noticed the plastic area coming loose above the GBA slot. I don't even remember how I noticed it.

You'll just have to return it anyways. Why bother?

Oh, this thread is going to draw the attention of that psycho... remember that guy that accused oneof our members of trying to poison peoples minds about the DS? I can't remember who is was, but someone here posted a video of how one of the buttons wasn't working for some reason, and then this guy started railing against him as a fanoby trying to spread false rumors and shit... man, anyone have the old link to that stuff?

Oh, this thread is going to draw the attention of that psycho... remember that guy that accused oneof our members of trying to poison peoples minds about the DS? I can't remember who is was, but someone here posted a video of how one of the buttons wasn't working for some reason, and then this guy started railing against him as a fanoby trying to spread false rumors and shit... man, anyone have the old link to that stuff?

That was me :D

I made the thread in unmod about a guy who started spamming my youtube video and a thread on 1up.com

My D-pad wasn't working well with going diagonal, and I clearly put in the video that maybe I just had to get used to it, and then made an edit saying that it was bad and I just had to exchange it. Nobody took his side though. He tried claiming that everyone that was defending me in the thread was just an alt account that I made. Eventually the mods stepped in and said that it's a pain in the ass to sign up and join the boards, so they doubt I made alt accounts lol.

I figure if the next one has something wrong with it, I'll just send it in to Nintendo.

That was me :D

I made the thread in unmod about a guy who started spamming my youtube video and a thread on 1up.com

My D-pad wasn't working well with going diagonal, and I clearly put in the video that maybe I just had to get used to it, and then made an edit saying that it was bad and I just had to exchange it. Nobody took his side though. He tried claiming that everyone that was defending me in the thread was just an alt account that I made. Eventually the mods stepped in and said that it's a pain in the ass to sign up and join the boards, so they doubt I made alt accounts lol.

I figure if the next one has something wrong with it, I'll just send it in to Nintendo.

Add a little note with it saying "look, I really like this thing, but this is the fourth one I've had to get because of pixels, hinges, casing, etc... please, just open one up, test it for me, and then ship it."

At least Nintendo has a pretty damn good return policy, unlike a certain other manufacturer of a certian other portable...

I'vr said it before, and I'll say it again. The DS has rekindled a glowing ember in my heart for games. The future looks entertaining. And pretty expensive; there's about fifteen titles coming up in the next year and a bit that look awfully tempting, and that's just for the DS. I'm not even going to talk about the Wii...

is there a photoshop on the go style program planned for it

because that would probably be THE best way to bring the system to a larger audience and just a fantastic way to use one of the most obvious features of the DS

Nah, I disagree. While it may be a good idea for a game, any kind of serious image editing program would be impractical. The DS's stylus capabilities are extremely limited: compared to a tablet or a mouse, the DS is like fingerpainting. Making a face for Blanca in Animal Crossing: Wild World is a good example of just how poorly suited to art the DS is.

It's great for games, though. :)

is there a photoshop on the go style program planned for it

because that would probably be THE best way to bring the system to a larger audience and just a fantastic way to use one of the most obvious features of the DS

Nah, I disagree. While it may be a good idea for a game, any kind of serious image editing program would be impractical. The DS's stylus capabilities are extremely limited: compared to a tablet or a mouse, the DS is like fingerpainting. Making a face for Blanca in Animal Crossing: Wild World is a good example of just how poorly suited to art the DS is.

It's great for games, though. :)

oh for christ's sake

MS paint would be enough but I just want to be able to draw or do something in color and then wirelessly send it to my computer or some shit

I have sketched some good shit in pictochat and I would like to save it ):

That would be awesome if they could do that. I'm pretty sure if they dedicated the game to be nothing but painting, than it would work out fine.

I was hoping for some kinda of digital camera attachment that lets you edit the photographs that you take on the DS, that would be a pretty nifty thing to have.

That would be awesome if they could do that. I'm pretty sure if they dedicated the game to be nothing but painting, than it would work out fine.

I was hoping for some kinda of digital camera attachment that lets you edit the photographs that you take on the DS, that would be a pretty nifty thing to have.

They could call it-- no, wait for it, the "DS Camera"!

Brilliant!