Nintendo DS

The Damned

I know this is a bit old, but I picked up Megaman Battle Network 4: Red Sun and I can't put it down. It's so sexy. I love the gameplay. Pretty much all of the installments from Megaman Battle Network are really well done. You guys should go out and buy it. Buy it now. Buy it now. Buy it now!

If you enjoy 4, you'll enjoy the others even more, since 4 is one of the weaker games in the series(Along with 1)

I know this is a bit old, but I picked up Megaman Battle Network 4: Red Sun and I can't put it down. It's so sexy. I love the gameplay. Pretty much all of the installments from Megaman Battle Network are really well done. You guys should go out and buy it. Buy it now. Buy it now. Buy it now!

If you enjoy 4, you'll enjoy the others even more, since 4 is one of the weaker games in the series(Along with 1)

I recommend getting 2, one of the best ones.

Anyway 2 new DS games confirmed:

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

scan01.jpg

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6860

It's a Wonderful World

scan01.jpg

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6861

Never played Castlevania; not my genre.

This is why you don't trust Phthisis. :P But seriously, if you're a fan of Super Metroid, Castlevania is bound to appeal to you.

Also, I think everyone who says Sonic Rush was boring is touched in the head. Hands down easily the best Sonic game since S3&K, with a phenomenal soundtrack to match (you really need to use headphones or hook it up to your PC speakers to get the full effect). The levels are very dense and well-designed (at least IMO), and the trick system makes sure there's never any downtime. Oh yeah, and also best special stage ever. :)

I thought the only genre he likes is Atlus.

/joke

But seriously, I watched my friend play Sonic Rush and i'll have to agree with how the levels are designed. Pretty cool.

I hate people that complain about cheap deaths. Quit bitching, and memorize where the pits and spikes are. Problem solved.

Games shouldn't rely on memorization too much though, they should rely on things like reflexes, quick thinking, etc.

That's one of the reasons I don't like your standard fighting game. (other than the fact it's so unintuitive)

I hate people that complain about cheap deaths. Quit bitching, and memorize where the pits and spikes are. Problem solved.

It's not that easy when the levels LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME. And most of the cheap deaths come from the game making you come to a COMPLETE STOP in order to hit a switch or jump a pit or not hit an enemy.

This is SOnic for friggin christ, let him keep moving at a fast rate of speed.

I really did like the game, except for all the parts where they made me stop and do some Mario-esque platforming.

So yeah, new DS game from SE that isn't Final Fantasy or It's A Wonderful World.

HEROES OF MANA!!!

It's going to be an RTS type game thingy, and was reported in the newest Famitsu

SOURCE

http://gonintendo.com/?p=5565

The latest issue of Famitsu has confirmed that yesterday’s trademark of Heroes of Mana is indeed a DS title. Some info from the article can be found below.

Real Time Strategy and RPG elements.

Producer is Koichi Ishii

Scenario by Masato Kato (Chrono trigger, Seiken Densetsu 4).

Character designs by Ryoma Ito (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance) and Akira Oguro (Final Fantasy X)

Music is composed by Yoko Shimomura (Mana series, Parasite Eve)

So, I got my hands on Mega Man ZX and holy shit it's awesome. Mega Man fans shouldn't be disappointed.

I've been looking forward to this game for months. I should pick it up this weekend.

Does it explain the unresolved issues at the end of Zero 4, by any chance?

I still haven't played Zero 4, although I think I had the ending spoiled for me :( .

I'll just say that the storyline is connected to the Zero games.

Razumen: So, games shouldn't rely on memory because you don't want them to.

Ok. :roll:

Phthisis: And yes, it is easy unless you have the memory of an infant. So either you're lying or you're not trying hard enough.

Actually it's just plain bad game design. You don't make a level where there's a spot that will harm the player, but it can't be recognized until whoever's playing actually hits it - thus forcing the player to play and replay the level until they have it memorized completely.

I haven't played the new Sonic game, but that's what it sounds like.

So yeah, it's basically a preference, like 99% of things in the world, but a good one if you ever want to make a game.

Although I guess some people like playing a game and then dying instantly from some invisible trap that they would only have known was there if they had played it previously. In my book, those people are called masochists.

Phthisis: And yes, it is easy unless you have the memory of an infant. So either you're lying or you're not trying hard enough.

Okay, look, either add something to the discussion or go back to sucking on hedgehog penis.

Stop jerking off Atlus first.

Sonic Rush is easily the WORST Sonic game I've ever played (except Sonic Pinball, but that really doesn't count). And yes, I've played Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. I never understood why people didn't like Sonic Adventure. I mean, yeah it was shallow, and the story was pretty dumb, but in the end the control mechanisms were tight and it was fun. What more can you ask?

As for Rush, here are my major beefs with the game:

1) The level design is crap; quite possibly the worst level design I've ever seen in any game. Sonic is fast for a reason: HE IS SUPPOSED TO RUN THROUGH LEVELS. Sonic Rush makes this impossible in every level. Remember Sonic 2? If you were decently good, you could run through the first whole zone without stopping (except to load levels, of course). IIRC, every zone was pretty much like that, save for a few spots. In Rush, you have to stop every 30 seconds for some sort of stupid elevator or whatnot. And don't even mention the random hazards (Sonic games should be based on reflexes, not memory, especially when the levels have so many different paths) or the times when you have to jump blindly off a platform while having NO CLUE where you need to land.

2) TERRIBLE STORY. Seriously, the story in Rush was MUCH worse than either of the Adventure games, as was the voice acting, and that's saying a lot. People have told me: "But Sonic isn't about the story, it's about the gameplay!" THEN DON'T FRICKIN' PUT A STORY IN THE GAME!!! Sonic 2 got off without a story, why can't Sonic Rush? At least if you're going to ruin a gameplay-based game with a story, make it bearable.

3) BORING boss battles. What's with the boss battles in Rush? I was hoping for something much more interactive, or at least fun. I don't understand why you are so often limited to a tiny little platform where you are forced to jump back and forth to avoid hits. Maybe it's just nostalgia-distortion, but to me Sonic 2's boss battles were much more fun, even though they shared the same limited space.

That being said, there were a couple of redeemable qualities to Rush:

1) Awesome rail-riding. This is one of my favorite aspects of any Sonic game, including Adventure. It's just pure fun, and the stunts and tricks that you can do in Rush are just sweet.

2) Awesome Special Stages. They had the perfect control mechanism. 'Nuff said.

3) Speed. The pace of the game would have been great, if it hadn't been so often broken up by random pits and stops. It would have been better, however, if they had increased difficulty by adding slower parts with more enemies, as opposed to increasing difficulty by adding random hazards.

I don't recommend this game. It wasn't the worst game I've played, but it WAS the worst Sonic game I've played. I think there is potential, though, so I'm hopeful for the next installment on the DS.

The level design is crap; quite possibly the worst level design I've ever seen in any game. Sonic is fast for a reason: HE IS SUPPOSED TO RUN THROUGH LEVELS. Sonic Rush makes this impossible in every level. Remember Sonic 2? If you were decently good, you could run through the first whole zone without stopping (except to load levels, of course). IIRC, every zone was pretty much like that, save for a few spots. In Rush, you have to stop every 30 seconds for some sort of stupid elevator or whatnot. And don't even mention the random hazards (Sonic games should be based on reflexes, not memory, especially when the levels have so many different paths) or the times when you have to jump blindly off a platform while having NO CLUE where you need to land.

ROFFLES.

You're sooo wrong. I can't even count the times I've died in Sonic 1-3 due to retarded booby traps and not knowing where I'm supposed to land. But of course, since little kids have nothing better to do, they memorize ALL of that to the point they can just run through the level. You can do that in Sonic Rush too if you take the time to figure out the levels (which, admittedly, is hard because they're so dense and convoluted and have so many paths).

Besides, you can only do this with a select few stages (which usually include the starting "Green Hill Clones"). Try using your "hold right, press A" gameplay on levels like Chemical Plant Zone and Marble Zone, then tell me how far you get. :P

Also, if you think Sonic Rush's level design is bad, you obviously haven't played the Sonic Advance games. I've been stuck on Sky Canyon in SA2 for weeks now.

Okay, look, either add something to the discussion or go back to sucking on hedgehog penis.

Quite the other way around.

They give me free games and awesome discounts on out-of-print software. Why the hell would I not praise them. They were more than generous to me, a temporary QA tester.

Go work at Sega, tool, where you can communicate better with the monkeys who sit in the front office.

Quite the other way around.

They give me free games and awesome discounts on out-of-print software. Why the hell would I not praise them. They were more than generous to me, a temporary QA tester.

Go work at Sega, tool, where you can communicate better with the monkeys who sit in the front office.

That may be cool and all, but we've seen you put down pretty much everyones opinion on a game and tell them to go buy some Atlus game instead or whatever.

Sometimes you sound like you're a spokesperson or something. BUY THIS GAME, BUY IT NOW.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Megaman ZX.