Nintendo DS

The Damned

So Megaman ZX came out. Who has it and how is it?

I have it.

It is good. Highly reccommended. The freeform level design adds a lot to the game and the map is a lot more useful than the reviews let on, once you figure out how it works. Controls are tight, graphics are good, even if they don't take advantage of everything the DS can do. No touch screen support so far, which is a bit saddening.

It's tough. Not so much as MMZ1/2, but it can give you a run for your money in spots and the Biometals are a challenge.

Music is alright. Nothing noteworthy, but it's not annoying.

If you liked MMX or MMZ, you'll have a great time with MMZX. It adds just enough to keep it interesting while keeping the Mega Man feel intact.

Bonus points for the original Mega Man X homage. You'll know it when you see it.

Razumen: So, games shouldn't rely on memory because you don't want them to.

Ok. :roll:

Phthisis: And yes, it is easy unless you have the memory of an infant. So either you're lying or you're not trying hard enough.

Okay, look, either add something to the discussion or go back to sucking on hedgehog penis.

Stop jerking off Atlus first.

Quite the other way around.

They give me free games and awesome discounts on out-of-print software. Why the hell would I not praise them. They were more than generous to me, a temporary QA tester.

Go work at Sega, tool, where you can communicate better with the monkeys who sit in the front office.

That may be cool and all, but we've seen you put down pretty much everyones opinion on a game and tell them to go buy some Atlus game instead or whatever.

Sometimes you sound like you're a spokesperson or something. BUY THIS GAME, BUY IT NOW.

The don't buy it. Simple. You're not a fucking automaton.

Besides, it's not only Atlus; did you see my Okami thread, my God Hand thread, my SotC thread when the game first came out.

I preach good games, regardless of company.

Fourth time's a charm?

So who wants to give me MMZ 2-4 so I can catch up on the story and pick up ZX?

You would also need Zero 3-4 to unlock some boss fights.

2 - 4

Guess I could've made that more noticeable.

Right, I understand you want all of them, and I don't blame you; great story. I was just presenting the fact that you get extra bosses for two of those cartridges because I've not seen anyone bring that fact up. Sorry for confusion.

I almost feel dissatisfied with my DS except that Hunters is awesome.

'cause all I've gotten for it so far is SM64x4 and MP: Hunters. =^/ Feel like I'm not getting my money's worth. Although Trauma Center looks groovy, as does the Wii version...

Man, there are a ton of good DS games out there - I own 15 so far myself, and I'm still missing out on some good ones. Go out and buy something like Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow or Mario Kart DS.

I saw that the new Pokemon game. It's going to be for the DS. How is that gonna work? Will it have touch screen gameplay or will it totally neglect the DS's prime function?

Pokemon Ranger?

Well, if it's that one, basically, when you try and capture Pokemon, you have to draw circles around them. Higher level Pokemon require more circles and more speed. While you're drawing, the Pokemon will sense that it's being trapped, so it will try and run away. If it breaks your drawing line, you have to draw the circles again. And if you draw more circles than are required, you also have to try again.

It's an interesting mechanic, but I can see it getting very frustrating.

I saw that the new Pokemon game. It's going to be for the DS. How is that gonna work? Will it have touch screen gameplay or will it totally neglect the DS's prime function?

It apparently can use either the touch screen or the directional pad...but i'ts easier to just use the d pad for stuff.

I can't decide if I want to get this game, or if it'll be a load though... I guess I'll look for some reveiws and wait for ocr peoples to talk about it once it comes out first. (Since normaly OCR is a bit more helpfull most the time then game reveiws).

On my 4th DS Lite now, and this one is black.

And from what I can tell, there's nothing wrong with it, yayyyyyy.

Really, you were subconsciously/psychically buying the DSes that were bad so you could get a free Onyx DS Lite. ;)

Good luck with that one, though. :)

haha, well the customer service chick told me to give up, but I said never haha.

On my 4th DS Lite now, and this one is black.

And from what I can tell, there's nothing wrong with it, yayyyyyy.

Really, you were subconsciously/psychically buying the DSes that were bad so you could get a free Onyx DS Lite. ;)

Good luck with that one, though. :)

haha, well the customer service chick told me to give up, but I said never haha.

That's a pretty sour customer service chick. She should be glad that you were trading defective products in four times over without throwing things at the managers of the store.

Seriously, I bet a pallet of DSes were dropped on their way to the store or something similarly retarded. No way that store would just happen to get so many bad DSes. :P