Nintendo DS

The Damned

Holy fuck I cannot beat this bonus boss in Mega Man ZX...I've got him down to the last bar once but I had no energy tank to use :( .

Did you make liberal use of Overdrive mode? Remember you can buy an E-Tank from the chick in the Guardian airship. I can't imagine having that much trouble with anything if you come loaded in with 4 SubTanks and an E-Tank.

I'll have to see when I get there, though.

Regarding HX mode, it is sweet. I also have a fondness for PX mode. Something about throwing shurikens lightning fast while hanging from the ceiling is fun.

Holy fuck I cannot beat this bonus boss in Mega Man ZX...I've got him down to the last bar once but I had no energy tank to use :( .

Did you make liberal use of Overdrive mode? Remember you can buy an E-Tank from the chick in the Guardian airship. I can't imagine having that much trouble with anything if you come loaded in with 4 SubTanks and an E-Tank.

You do not want to use anything but the ZX mode against the boss....but you'll see when you get up to him. X-buster = must.

I'm not a Megaman fan (although I played that one Megaman game on a friend's PSP and enjoyed it quite a bit), ZX sounds like a very kickass game. Should I get it?

If you're an action game fan, then give it a go. Otherwise, you may want to steer clear.

And I finally beat the bonus boss, but I lost my last life in trying to get back to the save room :( . Only having 1 subtank really made things rough, but not impossible.

On my 4th DS Lite now, and this one is black.

And from what I can tell, there's nothing wrong with it, yayyyyyy.

Really, you were subconsciously/psychically buying the DSes that were bad so you could get a free Onyx DS Lite. ;)

Good luck with that one, though. :)

haha, well the customer service chick told me to give up, but I said never haha.

That's a pretty sour customer service chick. She should be glad that you were trading defective products in four times over without throwing things at the managers of the store.

Seriously, I bet a pallet of DSes were dropped on their way to the store or something similarly retarded. No way that store would just happen to get so many bad DSes. :P

Well, I work there, so she was just joking :P

haha, well the customer service chick told me to give up, but I said never haha.

That's a pretty sour customer service chick. She should be glad that you were trading defective products in four times over without throwing things at the managers of the store.

Seriously, I bet a pallet of DSes were dropped on their way to the store or something similarly retarded. No way that store would just happen to get so many bad DSes. :P

Well, I work there, so she was just joking :P

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *inhale* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

:lol:

Loads of new Pokemon Diamond/Pearl info, including more pokes, more attacks, and there's even new footage.

Here's how you unlock the ability to transfer your GBA pokes over.

Here's info on the ten new pokemon, including basic descriptions (just scroll down a bit, you'll see them). You can find the original scans here. There's also detailson two new Balls you can use, one that heals the pokemon you just caught with it, and one that makes catching easier in caves or at night.

A new video is out (click on the second link underneath the video, the one that has "2!" at the end), and we see spinning air turbines and a giant train. And footage of snow. Lots of snow. Deep, deep snow. Lots of detail to the overworld in this game, much more than the GBA games had.

And on a related note, this was announced a short while ago. I guess that Pokemon remix project we're working on is pretty moot now, isn't it? :wink: Kidding, kidding. I still want everyone involved to keep working on it.

And while the date is highly unlikely, Wikipedia has listed the North American release date as Januray 3rd, 2007. This would be very unusual, since there hasn't been a single Pokemon game (core or spinoff) that has been translated and localized this fast, ever. Also, the cited source for the date links to an old article. As much as I would love to have the game come out so soon here, I doubt it. On the other hand, Nintendo has released games very quickly between the Japanese date and the NA date. Mario Sunshine, for instance, had only a months difference. I guess we'll find out later this year, one way or the other.

I just got back from the store. I bought three DS games whoo!

Metroid Prime: Hunters

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

Thanks to whoever it was who linked to that 3 DS games for the price of 2 thing. I saved $35 whoot! :D Too bad the selection at Best Buy is far from comprehensive. :(

Anyway, can't wait to play these, especially Metroid. But first, homework. :cry:

Thanks to whoever it was who linked to that 3 DS games for the price of 2 thing. I saved $35 whoot! :D Too bad the selection at Best Buy is far from comprehensive. :(

Anyway, can't wait to play these, especially Metroid. But first, homework. :cry:

*bows*

*bows*

Is that an in-store only deal, or is it also available through their website?

*bows*

Online deal, although you can do in-store pickup with it (you pay instore I think, but place an order online). Follow the instructions that I posted earlier (or find the thread on cheapassgamer.com )

I think I'll pick up this pokemon game. :)

I can't wait. It's going to rock.

When it comes out, I will be pestering everyone to get together so that we can trade version exclusives. Or better yet, who wants a certain pokemon? I have an Aerodactly with almost perfect stats, and can breed a bunch of eggs. Want one with high Attack and Speed IVs? Drop me a line, and I can give one to you. And it would be all legit. No cheats or glitches at all, just pure luck and careful breeding.

I highly doubt that the Janurary 3rd release date is true, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Is it just me, or does the DS have lots of games that simply cry out "buy me!"? I mean, compared to all the other games on all the other systems I own, the DS is starting to catch up rather quickly.

*bows*

Online deal, although you can do in-store pickup with it (you pay instore I think, but place an order online). Follow the instructions that I posted earlier (or find the thread on cheapassgamer.com )

You pay online. :)

And yeah, I did in store pickup because I used to work at a Best Buy near my house, so I got to visit my old coworkers. x3

But their online system is retarded about actually applying the discount, so you may have to do it over the phone. If you get a representative with a brain, they'll price-modify the item for you manually. :D

Oh yeah, and thanks Bahamut! :o

The Damned: This was mentioned in the Wii thread, but with something that has a more inventive control scheme, I for one am open to a lot more games than I would be for a more traditional platform/handheld. I think experienced gamers, as most of us are, get picky about what games to buy as they get more and more bored with the actual act of gaming(button mashing).

Or Nintendo might just be doing everything they can to push their DS. It'd help with their Wii sales, too.

I'm still biased for the Gameboy Advance system since it had everything from an SNES calibur hardware to the hundreds of great games on it.

And GBA Micro is probably the single most intuitive handheld ever made, even if it is almost too small.

By the way, the new Coral Pink and Onyx (Black) color DS Lites are out now.

I was pretty much waiting for two years on the new revamped pink version to come out and now it's reality.

Well, the DS is like the best system ever. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed so many games on one system.

The DS is a dream come true. The only real improvement i'd want is original GB functionality on it.

There are a ton of DS games i'm interested in and several i feel are must-owns.

My friend derek just ordered something that has a cart and a gba thing and holds up to 4GIGABYTES of data. he'll be able to "get" certain types of files that'll have him playing GBA, SNES, and DS games.

Did you know that Metroid Prime Hunters is only 47mb?

Originally i had a moral problem with this because i wanted to PURCHASE CoM, FF3, LoZ:PH, Castlevania: PoR and Trauma Center..but i realized that i'm a poor shit and Nintendo will STILL be getting all of the money the possibly can out of me because of the Wii and all of the hardware and software pertaining to it, so i'm considering getting one of them anyway.

Supercard + Flashme = win.

Indeed, some awesome homebrew games and emulators. ScummVMDS is AWESOME, as is ircDS and DSLinux (for using retawq, a web browser). pasudoku is cool, and MegaETK is also AWESOME. DSDoom is pretty cool. Haven't tried too much beyond PicoDriveDS in the way of emulation; it seems acceptable, but not great.

Assuming you legally own the SCUMM games and Genesis ROMs, all of the above is perfectly legal. DS piracy is of course not, but I could see a good argument for loading DS ROMs that you own for the ease of having them all in one place.

In short, DS homebrew is expensive but waaay worth it.