Nintendo DS

The Damned

I bought Mario Hoops the other day. Man, the learning curve of this game is way too steep. Plus, the game's difficulty shifts from very easy to very goddamned cheap quickly. I literally slammed my DS on the wall because of it. This game is very frustating.

BUT it doesn't mean that the game is unplayable. This game is hard mainly because of the odd control method. It feels real clunky at first, but everything will feel (almost) natural once you get a hang of it. You just need practice to get better and enjoy this game. Pretty much like real basketball.

Of course, you can use the easier button control if you want, but it's very limited compared to playing with the stylus.

So yeah...don't buy this game if you have a short temper. Controls aside, this game is great. It has some nice nostalgic sounds and is very pretty for a DS game. Sucks it doesn't have wifi though. I can't show my mad stylus-dribblin' skillz to anyone :'(

I bought Mario Hoops the other day. Man, the learning curve of this game is way too steep. Plus, the game's difficulty shifts from very easy to very goddamned cheap quickly. I literally slammed my DS on the wall because of it. This game is very frustating.

BUT it doesn't mean that the game is unplayable. This game is hard mainly because of the odd control method. It feels real clunky at first, but everything will feel (almost) natural once you get a hang of it. You just need practice to get better and enjoy this game. Pretty much like real basketball.

Of course, you can use the easier button control if you want, but it's very limited compared to playing with the stylus.

So yeah...don't buy this game if you have a short temper. Controls aside, this game is great. It has some nice nostalgic sounds and is very pretty for a DS game. Sucks it doesn't have wifi though. I can't show my mad stylus-dribblin' skillz to anyone :'(

I haven't tried the game for myself, but the general opinion on it is the same in many sites: it sucks.

Why couldn't Square Enix make a true sequel to Super Mario RPG instead?

Megaman ZX = The Win!

Probably one of the best Megaman games in a long time. I am up to the "last" mission (well, I do have to pick up screws...) and it is a great game overall. I still need to pick up lots of stuff, (I only have 2 tanks) but I've been doing well so far.

Overall, a great game. The music is amazing (Area O's piano tune is great, and it is one of many enjoyable background music pieces), the controls are good, the story is pretty good too. All and all, it gets 9 Yays out of 10.

Megaman ZX = The Win!

Probably one of the best Megaman games in a long time. I am up to the "last" mission (well, I do have to pick up screws...) and it is a great game overall. I still need to pick up lots of stuff, (I only have 2 tanks) but I've been doing well so far.

Overall, a great game. The music is amazing (Area O's piano tune is great, and it is one of many enjoyable background music pieces), the controls are good, the story is pretty good too. All and all, it gets 9 Yays out of 10.

I'm definitely getting this after school finally.

The only problem I have with MMZX is the form powers. Some, like Hx, are incredibley useful and powerful. Others aren't really good for anything. I'm having a real tough time coming up with a reason to use Px for damn near anything in the game.

PX... the Ninja one?

Roof hanging is nifty, and the radar function detects secret passages. Its a good exploration form. I loved LX in item searching quests, and FX well, no need to explain that one, wall breaking + path shots = great for opening passages or killing certain bosses. ZX remains the best boss fighter though. Guess I'll have to try finding items and stuff next time I play... I was up to the "elevator of doom" and I sadly have only 1 chip. The free navigation makes the whole "finding everything in one level" a lot harder.

I haven't tried the game for myself, but the general opinion on it is the same in many sites: it sucks.

This game's far from sucky. You just have to...try hard to appreciate it.

Anyway, I got ZX too. I like the Metroid-like exploration, but the game could use a better map system. It's confusing as fuck.

Right now I'm stuck in that place with the classic lava chase. Goddamit, that place pisses me off. I'll just find subtanks instead. With that said, how do you get that subtank in the forest? The one up the wall on the left? It just sits there and I can't figure out how to get it.

Anyway, I got ZX too. I like the Metroid-like exploration, but the game could use a better map system. It's confusing as fuck.

Right now I'm stuck in that place with the classic lava chase. Goddamit, that place pisses me off. I'll just find subtanks instead. With that said, how do you get that subtank in the forest? The one up the wall on the left? It just sits there and I can't figure out how to get it.

PX to the rescue.

Go ninja and look around, it should be obvious on the bottom screen...

If you take the up road in the lava area, you can reach a machine to slow down lava. However, that climb is more dangerous than the 2 laval areas. For the left to right lava, I simply recommend you put on HX and fly away to the right.

For the climb, PX is a better choice simply because you can hang on the thrown chains and jump on them.

Man, I've been out of the DS loop for a while...

I'm really looking forward to getting to play Megaman ZX; it looks amazing and it seems like everyone has been ranting about how great it is! That's a good news, considering how crappy the latest Megaman X games have been. A friend was looking forward to buying ZX this weekend, but I guess he got there too late cuz it was sold out :P.

Go to the platform under the subtank. There's a hidden passage around there.

Mario Hoops is fun. I really like it and it would have been a lot better with Wifi. I still have yet to unlock White Mage, Black Mage, Moogle, and Cactuar...

On another forum I read, someone didn't know what friend codes were, so one of the users there came up with the best description I've ever heard for them:

Imagine you had a cellphone, and you kept it in your pocket. Now imagine that everytime you wore a new pair of jeans, you had to have a new cellphone number. Now imagine you wanted to call your friend, but you couldn't since you didn't know what jeans he was wearing, thus causing you to contact him through other means. Finally, imagine the reason the numbers changed was because someone you didn't know could possibly get your number, and pound you in the ass (since they would basically have the address to your ass).

Yeah, that's what Friends Codes are.

:lmassoff:

On another forum I read, someone didn't know what friend codes were, so one of the users there came up with the best description I've ever heard for them:
Imagine you had a cellphone, and you kept it in your pocket. Now imagine that everytime you wore a new pair of jeans, you had to have a new cellphone number. Now imagine you wanted to call your friend, but you couldn't since you didn't know what jeans he was wearing, thus causing you to contact him through other means. Finally, imagine the reason the numbers changed was because someone you didn't know could possibly get your number, and pound you in the ass (since they would basically have the address to your ass).

Yeah, that's what Friends Codes are.

:lmassoff:

I lol'd.

Sorry, double-post.

I just realized today that Contact is being released today! So far, critic-wise, it's not doing too well, in fact Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (also released today) is doing better as of right now. As fun as Rocket Slime sounded, I had kinda assumed Contact would have done better critically. Oh well, I'm still excited for it and once I start having time for my DS again I'm probably gonna get it.

Sorry, double-post.

I just realized today that Contact is being released today! So far, critic-wise, it's not doing too well, in fact Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (also released today) is doing better as of right now. As fun as Rocket Slime sounded, I had kinda assumed Contact would have done better critically. Oh well, I'm still excited for it and once I start having time for my DS again I'm probably gonna get it.

Contact has been delayed until October 10.