Nintendo DS

The Damned

Kinda bored with Mystery Dungeon. There's really no reason this game needed any Pokemon in it. Great for killing time in lines and stuff though.

Too bad it takes like an hour to save :?

If anything, it's made me extremely amped for Diamond/Pearl.

You knew about quicksave right?

And yes, this is hyping me up for Diamond/Pearl.

The little menu screens in the beginning of Mystery Dungeon are so cool lol. I like the one of Squirtle finding mail in the mailbox with Pikachu next to him. If anyone can find those on the internets that'd be wonderful.

It's filled with annoying talk, but here it is.

Well, I meant like screenshots(rips) or whatever, but ah well :P

So far, it's pretty good. I don't know if I like the manual jumping you have to pull off at times. It's actually a lot of fun, but it can be difficult to pull off when you're keeping track of lots of minis. Hopefully it gets easier with practice.

The one thing I really like are the FMVs. Bravo to NST (MP:Hunters makers) for not being overly kiddy and stupid with them (like we've seen in the past with Camelot).

So, as is the way of highly anticipated games, a few people have gotten their copies of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl a few days early (or they just managed to get a ROM... either way) and a lot of new info has been released.

First, a (shakey) video of the opening animation from Diamond (or Pearl, I don't read Japanese). To prove that they are using a basic 3D engine for the overworld, they use different camera angles when flying over the region.

Next, Serebii.net has info on new pokes including some pre-evos and some second forms of the starters.

And the most important thing of all... they got rid of Flash as an HM. No more will we have to waste a move slot on a pokemon, or even drag one around souly because it was the one you gave Flash to, just so we can get through a fucking cave. It's gone from our teams, and there's no sign of it anywhere!

Of course, the move itself still exists, since pokes from the GBA games have it, and you can transfer them over. So it can still be used in battle, but not outside of battle. I hope they solve the potential issue of dark caves by giving you a flashlight or something.

From what little I tried with the "good" emulator, you use the arrow keys. But the thing was buggy as hell, and only a few of the ROMs actually loaded. I think DS emulation is still a long ways off.

And no, I don't have an emulator or any ROMs, nor will I tell anyone, on here or via Private Messages, where to get either. Just buy the damn games, alright?

From what little I tried with the "good" emulator, you use the arrow keys. But the thing was buggy as hell, and only a few of the ROMs actually loaded. I think DS emulation is still a long ways off.

And no, I don't have an emulator or any ROMs, nor will I tell anyone, on here or via Private Messages, where to get either. Just buy the damn games, alright?

Trust me, I don't really care for ROMs :P The last time I played ROMs is when I traded my old video card to my friend for his PSP that had ROMs already on it. I later sold the PSP to another friend heh.

Plus, I like collecting. :P

Oh, interesting tidbit. On a thread at Serebii, they are updating almost every ten minutes as they play through, and one thing caught my eye.

Hyouta has the following Pokémon:

Level 12 Geodude

Level 12 Onix

Level 14 Zugaidosu

He gives you TM76 which holds a Rock Type version of Spikes

I think that might be a typo. But since you can transfer pokes over, and they can hold items, you can obviously transfer items, like TMs. I think that instead of changing the old TM into the new one, they just decided to keep the old ones and add fifty new ones. That means you would have a set of 100 attacks you can teach your pokemon! 100 attacks to use whenever you want!

Is there a solid release date for the US?

Does Spring 2007 sound solid enough for you?

EDIT: Damn it. Flash is a TM now. But it also confirms the 100 TMs theory. Flash is now TM 70. But I'm still hoping that they give you a flashlight or something, because I'm not looking forward to having to waste a slot on a poke jsut to stumble around some fucking cave over and over...