Nintendo DS

The Damned

Well I just got my shiny new Onyx DS Lite :D

Overall I'm pretty pleased with it, but aside from the GBA cards which jut out a little too much for m tastes there are two other things that I'm displeased with. For starters, the speakers are definitively a letdown compared to the Fat's, they just aren't as loud and don't have the same surround sound effect as the former's. good earbuds/phones are definitively a must for the Lite.

My last gripe is with the screen brightness settings, a great feature to be sure and much needed, but I don't know why they decided to make the first brightness setting less bright than the normal DS, while the second one is more bright. This might just be me, but it makes some games look too dim, yet if you change it to the second it's almost too bright. IT would have been nice for the screen brightness controls to be on the case rather than the startup menu as well.

Nitpicking aside, it's really a great redesign, apart from some strange design decisions.

I've failed to turn mine off as well, so I was pretty skeptical it was that to begin with, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Actually... yeah, it was plugged into the charger. I then unplugged it thinking it might have had something to do with it. Even if it was overheating, I let it sit for several hours, and it continued to happen. Also, I've played a few other games on it after it happened, with no problems at all. No error messages or anything of that nature; nothing visibly wrong with it. I wonder if I'm pressing the buttons too hard...

I'll definately contact Nintendo if the problem persists.

So how does the game play and are you still having that problem? I'm considering buying MMZX but if there's some critical glitch, I'll pass.

Sorry, I just now noticed this. Yes, the game keeps messing up, but now I'm almost 100% POSITIVE it's just my copy of the game. I should have known something bad was up when my DS wouldn't read the cart the first time I plugged it in. I could only find the game at a Game Stop too, and I'm not sure about their return policy (if it exists), so I dunno.

Sorry, I just now noticed this. Yes, the game keeps messing up, but now I'm almost 100% POSITIVE it's just my copy of the game. I should have known something bad was up when my DS wouldn't read the cart the first time I plugged it in. I could only find the game at a Game Stop too, and I'm not sure about their return policy (if it exists), so I dunno.

I actually had to return a game and my DS lite a week ago. If your shit is defective, they should replace it for the same item within a resonable timeframe, though I don't recall what the time frame is for that. Hopefully you haven't had it for too long if you opt to replace it. But yeah, thanks for the info.

This also happens to me with my DS lite. I just got Rocket Slime(decent game), and sometimes i will have to restart my DS when it says no cartridge loaded. Its happened with a handful of my games and seems random, but it always works after one restart.

My copy of Meteos does that. It's either a hardware glitch, or the metal connectors from cart to system aren't touching.

This also happens to me with my DS lite. I just got Rocket Slime(decent game), and sometimes i will have to restart my DS when it says no cartridge loaded. Its happened with a handful of my games and seems random, but it always works after one restart.

My copy of Meteos does that. It's either a hardware glitch, or the metal connectors from cart to system aren't touching.

My friend's DS did that for a while with a couple games. I haven't really had trouble with it. It's a somewhat rare occurrance anyway.

And yes, I too have had problems inflating balloons in Mario Kart DS using the mic. My friend's Brain Training seemed to work fine though - it recognized my voice saying all of the colors except for - I think it was blue. No matter what angle I try to blow at, I can go until I'm blue in the face, and the balloon will never get more than halfway there. I have found that sometimes, just saying "oooooooooh" in a low voice will work perfectly though. Sometimes.

Returned from the US, and I have Mews. A lot of Mews.

When the US version of Diamond/Pearl come out here, I plan to give away totally legit Mews to members here. They are all level 10, with the Original Trainer name and number of MYSTRY and 06930. If you want one, I'll be happy to arrange a trade at such time whenever the hell Nintendo localises the game and sells it.

Ann way... the whole event was a little tiring. The line-up went from about fifteen people at noon to over a hundred by 2PM. The line-up went around the corner and out the entrance. They actually grabbed a person they knew out of the line and made him help by using his GBA to trade.

The way is worked was that Nintendo sent them two Emerald version cartridges, each one filled to capacity with Mews. Every space in every box, even the active roster. They had over 800 to trade, and they were down to about 400 or so when they decided to stop. It turned out that they went past the dealine by about an hour due to the size of the line-up.

I would have had one more Mew, but some poor kid got stuck at the end of the line and his parents were trying to pull him away. I traded the one I just got withhim, and he went home early with his own Mew, and I went back in line. I guess the guy at the counter saw this, and decided to just let me take as many as I wanted. Nice. Goes to show that doing nice things sometimes gets you good stuff. Or in my case, a few dozen.

/pokemoned out for now

I went to the event too.

After sitting in line for like half an hour, I got impatient and then just asked some kid that just got Mew if he would trade it to me so I could clone it and give it back to him. He agreed, and I finally had Mew in my possesion. But, why stop there? I had cloned the Mew several times, and there were a bunch more Legendaries I needed, so I figured some of these people waiting in line would be bound have some. So I ended up getting Mew, Celebi, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Jirachi, Latios, Latias, as well as 15 bucks. (some impatient people just payed me money to trade them the Mew)

Very worthwhile trip to Toys r' Us.

I went to the event too.

After sitting in line for like half an hour, I got impatient and then just asked some kid that just got Mew if he would trade it to me so I could clone it and give it back to him. He agreed, and I finally had Mew in my possesion. But, why stop there? I had cloned the Mew several times, and there were a bunch more Legendaries I needed, so I figured some of these people waiting in line would be bound have some. So I ended up getting Mew, Celebi, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Jirachi, Latios, Latias, as well as 15 bucks. (some impatient people just payed me money to trade them the Mew)

Very worthwhile trip to Toys r' Us.

Foul cheater! Get thee aw- wait, you got a Celebi? :wink:

I have all the legendaries now except for Lugia and Ho-oh. I can get Ho-oh legitly, but it involves completeing Colosseum, which has taken forever just to get to the end of the story.

Yeah, I think we'll have a lot of trading going on between members here.

Again, more updates at serebii.net.

I have all the legendaries now except for Lugia and Ho-oh. I can get Ho-oh legitly, but it involves completeing Colosseum, which has taken forever just to get to the end of the story.

I tried to do that, but I could not stand that game. I got rid of it, but I kept the bonus disc that gives me Jirachi.

Do you get anything special for completing Pokemon XD?

Edit: Oh yeah. I want a Mew. :)

I tried to do that, but I could not stand that game. I got rid of it, but I kept the bonus disc that gives me Jirachi.

Do you get anything special for completing Pokemon XD?

Not that I ever heard of... mind you, I was completely pissed off with the first one, so I never bothered with the second one.

Yeah, with the PMs and the people posting here. And since it will be a few months before the game comes out... I don't know. Maybe some sort of random drawing? I don't know.

Yeah, with the PMs and the people posting here. And since it will be a few months before the game comes out... I don't know. Maybe some sort of random drawing? I don't know.

You might as well just give them away to the people who asked first. Then the rest of us can get clones from people who have them. But I am not sure that you can breed legendaries.

Edit: Ya, Mew can't breed. :(