Nintendo DS

The Damned

I don't like the Rolling Stones or Bowie either. However, the original Japanese game has some artists I do like some stuff of like Nightwish, Stratovarius, and Epica, so it'd be more towards my preference.

I used to like Nightwish back when i thought it was cool to pretend to be depressed. :lol:

I see you still harbor a lack of understanding of the music & lyrics. It's ok, I'll let that flame attempt go by.

Well, if anything, their instrumental Moondance is to be loved (one of my friends hates Nightwish, but loves that particular instrumental - he doesn't like the vocals). Some of the lyrics do have some humor in them - there is one particular song that just makes me laugh when I hear it from their first album, and Tuomas has said that he wished he didn't write that song while drunk. A lot of their Oceanborn-Wishmaster era stuff is fantasy themed though. You may or may not like their more recent stuff since it takes the band in an operatic direction (lyrically as well), so intensity of dramatic situations is depicted strongly.

This is a bit sidetracking though. So when does Phantom Hourglass come out anyone? (And Castlevania)

So when does Phantom Hourglass come out anyone? (And Castlevania)

Q1 2007

Upcoming releases everyone should keep their eye on:

October 17- Contact

October 19- Konductra

October 24- Touch Detective, Magical Starsign

October 31- Children of Mana

November 6- Elite Beat Agents

November 14- Yoshi's Island DS, Final Fantasy 3

Also, Fry's Electronics is having a huge sale this week only (ends on the 17th): Clubhouse Games is only $24.99 and Nintendogs Dalmation Edition is only $23.99.

Toys R Us is having a sale from the 23rd to the 29th in which all games are under a buy 2 get 1 free policy (counts for any system and as far as I understand you can mix and match systems)

And also speaking of Clubhouse Games, is anyone playing it? It's a great timekiller.

Hmmm, Contact feels like a sleeper hit. I'm reading about it on Wikipedia and it looks nifty.

How does it play anyway? Kinda like Secret of Mana but with touch for menues, or is it touch centered?

Here's what IGN had to say about it.

Here are the metacritic scores/reviews.

I understand it to be touch-centered gameplay. Seems kinda like the battle system is a little boring, but the rest looks fun. Once I get back into playing my DS, I'm probably gonna get it.

Hmmm, Contact feels like a sleeper hit. I'm reading about it on Wikipedia and it looks nifty.

How does it play anyway? Kinda like Secret of Mana but with touch for menues, or is it touch centered?

It plays like an MMORPG in that you can see all the enemies on the field and when you go into battle, you only have control over skills and whatnot. Terry attacks automatically, and keeps attacking, until the battle is over. You can interuppt him by using the aforementioned skills and items and whatnot.

The localization is great; lots of humor and whatnot, graphics are interesting: the screens are different. One shows Terry in a more "realistic" looking world while the other shows the professor in all his 16-bit sprite glory. The professor talks to you, the player, and gives you tasks, and then you turn around and guide Terry through his world to achieve those tasks.

EDIT- Also, it's only $28.88 at Outpost.com

Okay, Animal Crossing question...when I ask Pelly about the enviroment, she reads a letter that says "Blahblah is clean and all, but something is missing." then says "We need to all work together to make blahblah a great place to live!"

The question...what the hell is missing?

Try planting more flowers and trees. And make sure there's no trash or weeds or anything on the ground.

Okay, Animal Crossing question...when I ask Pelly about the enviroment, she reads a letter that says "Blahblah is clean and all, but something is missing." then says "We need to all work together to make blahblah a great place to live!"

Try planting more flowers and trees. And make sure there's no trash or weeds or anything on the ground.

Thanks. A friend said something about needing at least 3 flowers in each "acre", so that's probably it.

Thanks. A friend said something about needing at least 3 flowers in each "acre", so that's probably it.

Also note that you can never have too many flowers in your town (according to a FAQ I read). That is, if every spot you can walk on in your town has flowers on it, no one will complain about it, so plant new ones every day.

I planted all of my flowers today and arranged them so there would be 3 in each acre...then the first person who came to my town accidently trampled through 4 of them :x

On a happier note...Custom Robo Rumble is pretty fun. It's odd how the 3D visuals in it are damn good but the 2D are so plain and just terrible looking.

I planted all of my flowers today and arranged them so there would be 3 in each acre...then the first person who came to my town accidently trampled through 4 of them :x

On a happier note...Custom Robo Rumble is pretty fun. It's odd how the 3D visuals in it are damn good but the 2D are so plain and just terrible looking.

Make them buy you four more flowers to make up for it.