Nintendo DS

The Damned

I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it, but anyone getting Magical Starsign? It looks pretty good.

I've totally mentioned it once.

I dunno... after Skies of Arcadia, I don't really see how I can play an RPG that isn't a disappointment in comparison. After all, how can you top Air Pirates?

The answer is, you can't. You just can't.

I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it, but anyone getting Magical Starsign? It looks pretty good.

I've totally mentioned it once.

I dunno... after Skies of Arcadia, I don't really see how I can play an RPG that isn't a disappointment in comparison. After all, how can you top Air Pirates?

The answer is, you can't. You just can't.

You win.

(Though if you liked Skies of Arcadia, you should like Dragon Quest VIII. They share a lot of similarities, and in some cases, DQ8 is better.)

You win.

(Though if you liked Skies of Arcadia, you should like Dragon Quest VIII. They share a lot of similarities, and in some cases, DQ8 is better.)

Whoot! Do I get a prize? 8D

I have heard about that a lot. But art direction from Mr. Toriyama makes me cry. DBZ type art was the only bad thing about Chrono Trigger. But looking at the screenshots again, it might be bearable. Hmmmmm...

You win.

Whoot! Do I get a prize? 8D

I have heard about that a lot. But art direction from Mr. Toriyama makes me cry. DBZ type art was the only bad thing about Chrono Trigger. But looking at the screenshots again, it might be bearable. Hmmmmm...

Well, if you like the aspect of exploration of SoA, DQ8 has it in spades. If you like an enormous overworld with vastly different locales, DQ8 has that as well. And if you like great characters, heart, and different transportation methods, DQ8 will satisfy.

Anything from SoA that I forgot that you might wanna know?

Its ok, but the gameplay is a bit slow. I would prefer Children of Mana and/or Contact. I played all three for about an hour each and Magical Starsign is the last pick. Not that its bad or anything, but that the other two feels a bit better than it and that the other two has multiplayer.

Well, if you like the aspect of exploration of SoA, DQ8 has it in spades. If you like an enormous overworld with vastly different locales, DQ8 has that as well. And if you like great characters, heart, and different transportation methods, DQ8 will satisfy.

Air Pirates?

Kidding, kidding.

And yes, Tales of Symphonia is another favorite of mine, but I didn't like the main character as much. He was a wuss.

Air Pirates?

Kidding, kidding.

And yes, Tales of Symphonia is another favorite of mine, but I didn't like the main character as much. He was a wuss.

Lloyd, a wuss? I found him to be too much of a hothead and rushed in too often. Then again, it was all about Kratos, Sheena, and Genis to begin with. Those three kicked ass.

Air Pirates?

Kidding, kidding.

Lloyd, a wuss? I found him to be too much of a hothead and rushed in too often. Then again, it was all about Kratos, Sheena, and Genis to begin with. Those three kicked ass.

Yeah, but then he was all like "I'm always doing stupid things boo hoo."

Well, I just didn't like him. Kratos FTW though. [omg highlight for spoiler] The best part was, though, that my sister and I actually guessed that Kratos was Lloyd's father the moment we saw him. We were just joking around and I figured we were wrong, so I was pleasantly surprised when we were proven right near the end of the game!

I got so bored of Children of Mana so I doubt I'll play the English version. The boss fights were fun, but 90% of the game is button mashing to kill enemies that respawn almost continuously on harder levels.

Got an Advance Wars DS question...is there any reason to use Adder over Koal? Both are similiar, charge their powers at the same rate, but Koal has a firing bonus on roads...

Offtopic once again. I think Lunar's pretty awesome, but I'm blown away by Hunters.

No really, I'm exceptionally impressed by it.

No, I don't care if it's old news.

Lunar IS awesome. Lunar Dragon Song is fucking awful, though. Biggest disappointment of all time.

:(

I'm enjoying it though. Plus, I got it cheap. I get all my games cheap. Because I'm a tightfisted bastard, who only buys when it's on special and pre-owned.

I got so bored of Children of Mana so I doubt I'll play the English version. The boss fights were fun, but 90% of the game is button mashing to kill enemies that respawn almost continuously on harder levels.

Got an Advance Wars DS question...is there any reason to use Adder over Koal? Both are similiar, charge their powers at the same rate, but Koal has a firing bonus on roads...

Adder's CO meter is xxXXX, while Koal's is xxxXX. Doesn't look like it means anything, but it basically boils down to Adder getting to his CO Power faster than Koal, as well as being able to double Sidesliping.

Koal's firing bonus on roads is crap. Who's going to leave a unit on the road, when it doesn't give any defense bonuses? It's pretty much saying "HAY GUYS COME KILL ME NOW."

That, and most maps won't have roads in places that it'd actually be practical to fire from.

So...go with Adder. He looks cooler, anyway.

Offtopic once again. I think Lunar's pretty awesome, but I'm blown away by Hunters.

No really, I'm exceptionally impressed by it.

No, I don't care if it's old news.

Lunar IS awesome. Lunar Dragon Song is fucking awful, though. Biggest disappointment of all time.

:(

I'm enjoying it though. Plus, I got it cheap. I get all my games cheap. Because I'm a tightfisted bastard, who only buys when it's on special and pre-owned.

I cannot stress enough how much you need to play each of the other Lunar games.