Nintendo DS

The Damned

IGN's review for Touch Detective put me off big time. Illogical puzzles are just not my bag, baby.

A challenge eh? I'm game.

Not I. I love adventure games, but illogical puzzles(LOL BUTTERFLY = SANDMAN!) can turn any adventure game into torture.

Why can't there be any good adventure games for the DS? Or any console for that matter? I want something like Quest for Glory, King's Quest, or Ultima, dammit!*

*Only, y'know, without the sudden deaths, horrible speed bugs, dead ends that require you to restart the game, and absurd triggers.

Sometimes I hate not having a job. :x

I am saving my money for upcoming events, even though I really want a lot of the games that are coming out. I'm pretty patient, but you guys aren't helping. :P

Sell drugs.

IGN's review for Touch Detective put me off big time. Illogical puzzles are just not my bag, baby.

Frankly, their 3.0 for God Hand has completed their move into my view that their website is an utter joke. IGN review scores mean nothing to me anymore. God Hand is awesome. And Touch Detective is, too.

Too bad that IGN's review could hurt sales.

And the best new DS game is... wha?

Never saw that one coming. 8O

Fuck. Seriously, Tony Hawk games are fun but the amount of changes is hardly ever enough. This one, surely, is a great deal of fun...but how could it beat the Wii version?

I'm not sure what cases are included in 2 yet (haven't been able to "import"), but if you can play the first one first, then I don't see why you wouldn't.

From the size of the game, it doesn't look like that there will be any specific DS cases like the first one.

You're right, it doesn't. I'm still enjoying it, but that's disappointing. I liked the new case in PW1 even if it did seem a bit out of place.

Gee, that's why we shouldn't trust IGN. :)

Mind, as long as I'm here, did anyone find their review for Crash Boom Bang to be a little harsh? I mean, I am fully aware that it's going to be a heavily awkward game to go through, but everyone else seems to be giving it mainly 4s according to GameRankings. Surely, the people at IGN are denying the thought that it can't be worse than Bomberman: Act Zero. :lol:

Then you obviously never played much of the first one. The Tony Hawk DS games control great and have beautiful graphics (and run at 60fps). There's massive customization options for graffiti and skateboards, all of which can be uploaded online and downloaded from other users. What's more, entire 2:00 skate run videos can be downloaded from other players and watched on your DS. And once you get tired of the main game, you can go online and play a variety of multiplayer games, or download the new challenges that come out every week.

THDJ does one better, with full customization options for appearance and clothes and voice chat in-game. As in, not just in between sessions like Metroid Prime: Hunters, but actually during the session.

Anyone want to add friends in Contact? I like getting free stuff.

Sure, only I don't think I've unlocked it yet. How far do you have to get?

Yes, it can't be possible that a Tony Hawk game got a good rating because Tony Hawk games are notorious for being un-fun.

Do I even need to tag this with /sarcasm?

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to Rexy's post about the new Crash game.

Context.

No offence to Kak, but Phth's quotation could apply to both situations if you look at it this way. 8)

Well, yeah, I should have figured there would be some people who would take interest. :oops: Anyway...

I mean, sure, I can see the argument for seeing how the Tony Hawk's engine was used on the DS and created into an extensive title, but the fact remains that it's something that we've seen before on prior consoles, and we also figure that the context of skateboarding can only seem to appeal to a limited set of gamer types. That's what seems to worry me most; not how much it pushes itself to have fun or whatever. To most gamer types, it could just look like something created solely for the MTV generation.

Well, yeah, I should have figured there would be some people who would take interest. :oops: Anyway...

I mean, sure, I can see the argument for seeing how the Tony Hawk's engine was used on the DS and created into an extensive title, but the fact remains that it's something that we've seen before on prior consoles, and we also figure that the context of skateboarding can only seem to appeal to a limited set of gamer types. That's what seems to worry me most; not how much it pushes itself to have fun or whatever. To most gamer types, it could just look like something created solely for the MTV generation.

First of all, it's vastly different from every previous Tony Hawk game. Second, it's good. Stop coming up with reasons to doubt it.