Nintendo DS

The Damned

Clubhouse Game's missions are bullshit.

I've been able to complete about half of them so far. The rest is absolute bullshit, especially the Word Balloon mission. How the fuck can anyone guess what the word is when the game doesn't even provide a single clue other than how many letters it has? Hundreds of words fall under that "hint," and the game expects players to get 3 words right without messing up 10 times. That said, anything that relies too much on luck is made of fail and lose.

Clubhouse Game's missions are bullshit.

I've been able to complete about half of them so far. The rest is absolute bullshit, especially the Word Balloon mission. How the fuck can anyone guess what the word is when the game doesn't even provide a single clue other than how many letters it has? Hundreds of words fall under that "hint," and the game expects players to get 3 words right without messing up 10 times. That said, anything that relies too much on luck is made of fail and lose.

Yeah, pretty much.

3 Strikes in a row?

3 Bullseyes in a row? haha yeah ok.

I got 2 Bullseyes in a row on the first TWO throws, and couldn't do it with the other 8 lol.

Did you do the Billiards ones? Those were easy after a few tries.

I got my girl interested in the DS, so I'm getting her the pink one for Christmas. I'm thinking of getting her Super Princess Peach and Nintendogs, as well as a kirby game. Should I get her Canvas Curse, or Squeak Squad? which one would be better for someone relatively new to gaming?

On to the second case in Touch Detectives. It's holding my interest very well.

I'm on the third case in Phoenix Wright 2 and haven't even thought about Touch Detective :P

I wonder if it's worth checking out after though. I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews on sites, mostly complaining about completely illogical puzzles.

I got my girl interested in the DS, so I'm getting her the pink one for Christmas. I'm thinking of getting her Super Princess Peach and Nintendogs, as well as a kirby game. Should I get her Canvas Curse, or Squeak Squad? which one would be better for someone relatively new to gaming?

Just get New Super Mario Bros. :P

EDIT: Did I just say that!? 8O

... uh Canvas Curse yeah!

On to the second case in Touch Detectives. It's holding my interest very well.

I just finished Part 1 of the first case. The game reminds me of the investigation parts of Phoenix Wright (in that you ask questions to the various characters while traveling around town, picking up clues, etc.) and the adventure/puzzle elements of Trace Memory. So far I haven't had much problem with the puzzle logic, and the writing is very very well done (I expected nothing less from Atlus). Some really humorous dialogue, and on top of that, the game is just so damn CUTE.

I can definitely see adventure game fans liking this.

Meh, Gamespot gave God Hand an 8.0 which is a higher rating than Trauma Center and Mega Man ZX received. Both of those two games are superior.

Perhaps Gamespot just is biased against the DS in general.

Maybe it's because those two DS games are reputed to be incredibly short. And Trauma Center is almost too difficult for its own good later on.

God Hand is a Clover game.. so.

Fuck. With the Wii coming out, I don't think I can afford FF3, Contact, or any of the other games coming out in November. Fucking Nintendo, making games I want to play for systems I own/want to own.

This is the reason I haven't bought any single games apart from the Dawn of War + Winter Assault (30€) combo. I've been saving A LOT to get a Wii with everything I want a few DS games, and all the stuff I've missed (like 2 or 3 games) at christmas.

Man, I'm good at planning ahead. Check Bahamut's sig and you'll see I haven't "splurged" :(

Yes, it can't be possible that a Tony Hawk game got a good rating because Tony Hawk games are notorious for being un-fun.

Do I even need to tag this with /sarcasm?

If you think the person or people you're being sarcastic with are incapable of detecting it without a sarcasm tag, then they aren't worth talking to.

sarcasm tags suck.

I'd recommend Canvas Curse for pure fun. For platformer overload, get her NSMB and Squeak Squad too.

Actually, I recommend figuring out if she's a dog person. If she is, Nintendogs is right there.

I'm more concerned about Canvas Curse being pretty easy; that was the only downpoint when deciding on my second game for the system from last Easter (which ended up being Animal Crossing: Wild World).

Also, may I need to stress that if anyone needs a good platformer fetish, Sonic Rush is a high recommendation; makes good balance of the DS features (except it doesn't use the microphone :() and has good challenge to boot, especially when it comes to getting A rankings on every level.

I know that it can actually get a little OTT for your "girl" in question, but you may never know what she could consider :)