Mass Effect - New Worlds Galaxy Theme (Mellow Sonic Remix)

mellowsonic

I'm not familiar with the source, i had to search it on the tube, please add a link to the firts post:)

Loved your remix, most of all the pads.

If i have to point out something is that probably this is a bit too long and some cuts will probably help in keeping the interest of the listener from start to finish.

Maybe try to shrink the section from 2'15'' to 4'00'' and let the part from 4'00''come in earlier.

Nothing to point out in the production side, very good work.

I agree with Blindzoom, it's indeed too long, making it a bit repetitive at times. Considering the original (which is quite short and sober IIRC) it's quite a bit of work to make it into something worth listening. I feel it'd do better if it was around 4 minutes.

Probably a matter of taste, but the kick drums in the beginning seem to have this kind of laser-y sound to them that I personally don't like a lot.

Other than that I love the mix, and the production sounds very good to me too. Great job!

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of that pitch envelope kick. It doesn't really suggest power, and while it can work, I don't think it works in this context. Having more snap and tightness would ground it more for when it's used later on, but I think it can be replaced with a more fitting sample.

The pad at 0:46 - 1:05 has this weird resonance over in the left speaker that should be reduced. Kinda hurts. This also often gets muddy in the bass, sometimes with the lower pads. 3:12, 4:19, etc.

I agree with everyone else in that the pacing needs more development. A lot of the same textures throughout, and the dynamics end up flat.

Not bad, but for a rhythm-centric track, more needs to change more often, or the track could be shorter.

Nice groove piece, I find the drums sounding tight most of the time, although too exposed in some sections. For me, I actually like those pitched up kick, as a mellower intro. Actually reminds me of

I think the biggest drawback here is not using the source material enough. I hear the notes when you use it, but most of the time it is drowned out by the high-pitched pad, or the notes themselves have too much reverb and a quiet attack, so it doesn't come as pronounced. You have a long section between 3:11 and 4:40 of just the drums and original bass writing and it waters down the track.