PRC267 - Winner Announced: To the ThaSauce Page (Goof Troop)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 267

PRCv11-07

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round moved slowly, with only one bonus mix before the real deadline. The extension did his job, and 4 songs (2 bonus) appeared at the ThaSauce page at the end. Anorax claimed the win by unaninmous decision.

My source is going to be "to the south" from Goof Troop for the SNES. This little clip of nostalgia is from what was probably one of my favorite games at six/seven years old. Couldn't find any other midi files from this game or I may have chosen a different track from this game.

MIDI file: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/To_the_South.mid

Didn't know if you also wanted a youtube clip of the track or not, as the MIDI file I found isn't the best.

PRC267.jpg

Source: Goof Troop (SNES) - To the South

MIDI

Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud. Remember to have a download link to the song, so I can upload the song to ThaSauce.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Friday April 4th 2014 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Another two day extension.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also post the song in this thread if that doesn't work. Then I'll make sure it works.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC268.
  7. The winner of PRC266, Anorax (Electrolisystem), cannot take part in this round, however he is free to submit a Bonus Mix.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

There appears to be a file error with compo materials on ThaSauce. I keep getting a "Missing FileController" error

You can click the Vgmusic link.

As mentioned in the first post, anyone who has problems with uploading songs on ThaSauce also can upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread.

Voting of this round will be different.

I will post all submissions to the Judganator. If the song gets a YES it continues, if it gets a NO it is out. The exception is the case in which all songs get a NO (which is very likely to happen since the OCR standards are high), in that case all songs are resubmitted to the Judganator. If this happens three times in a row, the first submitted song wins.

All songs which get a YES move on to the second round in which they are again submitted to the Judganator. This process continues till there's only one song left. That song will be the winner.:mrgreen:

Voting of this round will be different.

I will post all submissions to the Judganator. If the song gets a YES it continues, if it gets a NO it is out. The exception is the case in which all songs get a NO (which is very likely to happen since the OCR standards are high), in that case all songs are resubmitted to the Judganator. If this happens three times in a row, the first submitted song wins.

All songs which get a YES move on to the second round in which they are again submitted to the Judganator. This process continues till there's only one song left. That song will be the winner.:mrgreen:

woo! ALL HAIL THE JUDGANATOR, THE ALPHA AND OMEGA

Thanks to HoboKa for saving this round by submitting a song.

HoboKa, you may select a source for PRC268. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Sunday, 6th of April 2014.

I definitely have to do something for this PRC round!

Thanks to HoboKa for saving this round by submitting a song.

Bless you HoboKa, bless you.

I would have made a bonus mix for this round if I had had the time, but I hadn't. Wish I had though.

Bless you HoboKa, bless you.

I would have made a bonus mix for this round if I had had the time, but I hadn't. Wish I had though.

Suuure :-D

I don't blame you (not that I doubt you were indeed busy lol) though...this source was pretty difficult to work with, at least with coming up w/ original material.

And yes, bless me. As Jim Sterling says,

thank god for me.

...yeah the link isn't really as relevant as I'd first assumed =p