Killer Toe Funk (Toejam Jammin)

Hey, this is good so far. Nice grooving jam. I can hear what you guys are going for and I like it.

I haven't heard anything musically from you for a while, Taucer. Are you planning on being more musically involved on OCR? That would be pretty cool.

Hey, this is good so far. Nice grooving jam. I can hear what you guys are going for and I like it.

I haven't heard anything musically from you for a while, Taucer. Are you planning on being more musically involved on OCR? That would be pretty cool.

Hopefully. Having a fellow remixer as a roommate definitely makes it more likely.

fun song

i think that the kick should be boosted a little lower frequency wise, it feels too boomy and unfocused. maybe add a bit of treble to it to brighten it up, and try boosting around 50-60 and maybe cut a little low mid out. i envision it sounding more like this:

nice and tight and present and thick as hell but with no woofiness.

i also think your snare is way too loud to the point which i think influences what the previous guy said where it's overpowering your mix. tonally wise i would also prefer a snappy acoustic sample instead of noise too, or blend one in with the one you have.

here is a balls to the wall metal song where snare is important but it still sits in the mix and doesn't overcome everything else.

also your reverb on the snare is making things worse coz the snare is even longer...and the verb is a little muddy. maybe some snap around 8k will help you there too.

edit also maybe rethink the gain/eq on your guitar coz as it sounds a little harsh to me.

sounds better, closer to a finished thing. now i feel the snare is a little puny though. i think it needs more power in the low end, like, boost around 200 thereabouts. I think it's a pretty good volume where it is, if you add a little oomph there.

the guitar doesn't annoy me this time around but it sounds the same tone wise, so maybe you took care of the offending frequencies.

the kick drum sounds good to me now!

• 2 weeks later...