How long does it take?

MikeVincent

Iam just wondering how long it takes to know if your track will get uped after you submit it. I have seen 2 months in one place, another one said 9 months. And 9 months sounds insanely long. But I have been waiting for about 3 months now without any answer...

And while Iam at it(since it seems like it wont come up on the site for a long time) if anyone is interested feel free to check out my remixes on my youtube channel. Here's a URL for a tracklist. It's mostly Mega Man, and the genre is not techno.

Edited by MikeVincent

9 months to reach the panel, then probably another 2 months for a decision, unless it's really decisive either way.

Your stuff sounds pretty good overall; some of the guitar lead sequencing could stand to be humanized a bit, but there were some cool solos and arrangement vamps added in. It'll definitely get on the panel. :-)

9 months to reach the panel, then probably another 2 months for a decision, unless it's really decisive either way.

Your stuff sounds pretty good overall; some of the guitar lead sequencing could stand to be humanized a bit, but there were some cool solos and arrangement vamps added in. It'll definitely get on the panel. :-)

Man...I hope there's a revision in the works. I can't imagine how big the backlog must be x-x

(I apologize ahead of time for my ignorance if there is one in the works, I'm not very up-to-date with OCR stuff these days =p)

Ignore the degrading posts 'cause they're joke posts or realist posts. :lol:

Usually judging takes 6~9 months to be seen and judged if the track is really good, and it can take a year to 2 years if the track is very borderline and/or if the queue is already very packed. These days we have two new judges who are very enthusiastic (let's pretend that they are :<), so maybe the timeframe is about a week shorter. :tomatoface:

Edited by timaeus222

I keep a list of what I finish, when I submit it, and when it passes. I need to start listing the date it gets added to the panel, but here it is: http://www.bstrader.net/?p=198

So I have only 1 song on the panel right now, 12 songs waiting in the inbox.

The song on the panel now was subbed on July 13th, 2013 and added to the panel on March 13, 2014 which is a difference of 8 months. The song is still being judged. You can cross-reference some of those dates for songs that are posted, for example;

November 21st, 2012 – Death Lives (submitted)

March 17th, 2014 - Death Lives (posted to OCR)

From and including: Wednesday, November 21, 2012

To, but not including Monday, March 17, 2014

Result: 481 days

It is 481 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 1 year, 3 months, 24 days excluding the end date

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

A huge difference being if you make something they like as much as Bubble Dragon, they'll go out of their way to have it posted within a couple days.

Edited by Brandon Strader

The right answer is "too long". XD

It definitely is.

We've discussed this a bit internally today and have some ideas. I do want to mention a couple things:

1. We keep posting more mixes each year than the previous, so at least we're moving in the right direction in that regard.
  2. We need to do more themed floods.
  3. Larry is going to get some help tagging mixes to be posted, as that tends to lag behind and probably has a trickle-down effect.
  4. We're going to handle DPs a bit differently for more internal transparency which should give me more to work with on writeups.
  5. We need to get over some humps before we can really dig in. Specifically, we need to close out the FF6 kickstarter once and for all. We also need to make some minor modernizations to the site.