JUDGANATOR Feedback, Bug Reports, and Your Judgements (April Fool's!)

DarkeSword

This thread is for questions, feedback, and bug reports related to JUDGANATOR, our brand new fully automated ReMix critique engine.

Please feel free to share any judgements generated by the program here, as our policy is to not archive the judgements ourselves.

Please keep in mind that all judgments are final, and there is no appeals process aside from the normal resubmission process.

If you're still interested in more personalized, human-generated—and ultimately flawed—feedback, we will not be providing that for the foreseeable future, so you'll have to look elsewhere.

Thanks everyone, and congratulations to the team on a successful launch.

Edited by DarkeSword

I'm so happy this is finally up and running. Even though I've been canned, I'm just super happy to know that the judging process has been sped up to this extent, the remixers deserve this immediate feedback. I sure enjoyed judging for the brief time I was on the panel, I'll miss it but this is such an improvement. Great job, guys! :-D

Okay, what is this crap? I said I was on sabbatical a couple weeks ago, but I happened to check the front page today and...I'm out of a job? What a joke.

Well this is part of it. With guys like you shirking their responsibilities for stuff like "focusing on my education" and "trying to spend more time with my family," we had to figure out a solution that would keep this train moving.

Think of it this way: now you have more time to spend on that stuff!

Okay, what is this crap? I said I was on sabbatical a couple weeks ago, but I happened to check the front page today and...I'm out of a job? What a joke.
So... i'm sacked? What is this bullshart.

If you had been in the judges channel, you would have had a voice in this. We all decided as a unit if this was the best course. Plus the testing matched the votes of every previous submission, even on violations.

Honestly, I was coming up on 10 years on the panel in July, and I like listening to the submissions, but Judganator truly makes me feel as if a great weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I'm literally feeling a lot less stress right now, and this is a huge help for OCR as well as more seamless music integration and evalutation into Oculus Rift.

I submitted two incomplete files in a row! They MUST be accepted, because JUDGANATOR said they were gud! (Btw, are the files actually placed somewhere? o.o)

If Judganator said yes, then they are accepted. Yes, they are stored in a huge cloud database that we recently designed.

You will have a bit of a wait though, until we complete the Postanator program (in progress) so you can see it on the front page. But hoo-boy, when THAT is up and running, posting will be immediate (for accepted tracks).

I submitted two incomplete files in a row! They MUST be accepted, because JUDGANATOR said they were gud! (Btw, are the files actually placed somewhere? o.o)

Any file submitted through JUDGANATOR is cached on our servers for the duration of the evaluation process. If the remix is rejected, then the file is deleted. If it's accepted, we place in the posting queue. Unfortunately, this part of the process is still manual, but we're in discussions with folks that developed REMIXANATOR to automate that process as well.

The goal is to eventually have all aspects of the site fully automated by 2018 using tools developed by different teams released in alternation.

EDIT: As Kris said, POSTANATOR is in early development, but that name is not final. In any case, we can't talk too much about that.

Finally a break, I am glad we managed to move this initiative forward, I was beyond burnt out. I will sleep well knowing that my hard work is being replaced with such gold as:

"Marcus Aurelius had a dream that was Rome. This is NOT it. While the beats are proud and some of the arrangement ideas are sweet, overall I was left feeling empty, alone, and meek. I think what this really comes down to is a problem of WAY too much masterfeces - when mixing & mastering ambient, you REALLY need to dial that back a bit. If I had attempted this type of track, I personally would have philosophically produced some downright aromatic jams. I guess I'm just tired of hearing ReMixes of the Kraid theme that don't have chorus.

You might be able to get mix like this past a softy like Chimpazilla, but I've got higher standards.

we will we will NO u

NO"

I think you may want to dial back the hardcore settings a little in the Judgenator control panel, as my song I subbed was super good, but it's a learning process.

I for one am outraged at the new automatic judging system. I spent at least 500 hours of my precious time arranging 'fuck.mp3,' so much time in fact that I forget what the song sounds like or what it was even a remix of. For those wondering, yes, that IS possible. Only to be NO'd by the JUDGANATOR.

The new ARSE system is a no go. Somebody needs to do something about this.

EDIT: As Kris said, POSTANATOR is in early development, but that name is not final. In any case, we can't talk too much about that.

You better do a mighty fine job @ modeling the writeup AI after djp. Just as a start, I want every cheesy pun he's done over the last 14 years properly analysed.

Can't wait 'til we're all robots! Beep boop!