JUDGANATOR Feedback, Bug Reports, and Your Judgements (April Fool's!)

DarkeSword

YAWN let me kno when you guys get this site in the 21st century with a properly functioning REMIXINATOR. my idea for a 9 minute epic crossover prog rock/dubstep/orchestral suite remix of the laser sound effect from space invaders has been stuck in my brain queue since 2006 and i blame it entirely on the permanent state of bureaucratic logjam around here

I got a bug to report here. When submitting my file to the J-man, I received feedback about having a bad Vampire Killer remix. While the file did start with the letter "V", it was not in fact Vampire Killer, but Virmire Assault.

Looks like it confused my Virmire with a Vampire and reacted to the "assault" keyword the wrong way confusing it with "killer". This could be bad, yo. Bots have reacted to fake news tweets all the time and it usually does not go well, like crashing the stock markets.

I got a bug to report here. When submitting my file to the J-man, I received feedback about having a bad Vampire Killer remix. While the file did start with the letter "V", it was not in fact Vampire Killer, but Virmire Assault.

Looks like it confused my Virmire with a Vampire and reacted to the "assault" keyword the wrong way confusing it with "killer". This could be bad, yo. Bots have reacted to fake news tweets all the time and it usually does not go well, like crashing the stock markets.

This is great feedback. Thanks man. We'll try to work on the identification algorithms in the coming days.

i wrote the word "pants" into a text document a few times, saved it as awesome.mp3, and submitted.

HEAR THE WORD OF JOODGANATOR.

You'd have to make a pretty sublime mix of Schala for us to pass this. Unfortunately... you didn't.

The B section? Simply face-palming, and how you managed to wastefully toss in some ping pong delay is beyond my understanding. It's almost impressive how dehydrated you made this crabcore mix. Fingernails on chalkboards produce more agreeable sounds.

I think I'd rather listen to a mix from "RAD TIMBALE LICKS" than listen to this. I think you need to get some new samples. Maybe like Shreddage, or Shreddage 2, or Shreddage Bass, or Shreddage X-Treme; all these and more available from Impact Soundworks, buy now!

Where's the Sonic the Hedgehog stuff? NO

Where's the Sonic the Hedgehog stuff? NO

NO

- Thus spoke JUDGANATOR, on 2014-04-01 at 15:09:02

edit: a resubmit got me this gem:

This sounds exactly like something zircon would do if he didn't have any talent, so there's that.
Edited by prophetik music

I am not what one would generally call 'musically inclined', but I wanted to see Judganator in action. So I submitted Stevo's Christmas NiGHTS mix and got this:

Reservations are understandable for a crabcore take on Ice Cap, but Justice Thurgood Marshall ultimately made the best argument. Even though the djembé was ridiculously thrown in, things clicked enough in the big picture.

On the plus side, the serene tone of the harmonica is moist, and -- Caaaaaaaaaaake!!! -- the mixing of the djembé added a touch of crabcore that opened up a lot of new ideas in the second half.

Nice sounds that regular listeners of your work will immediately recognize.

\m/ \m/ \m/

YES

I fear the fact that I was able to do this may be a sign that the Judganator will be in need of a software patch to help weed out plagiarism. Aside from that though, I think this is a great idea and should help inspire more people to submit mixes at a faster pace. I for one, am looking forward to more crabcore mixes, it's such a sorely underappreciated genre.

Hey all, it has been quite a long time since I've posted anything on the forums here but I just got the judgenator email and figured I'd pop something in there. Boy did my band's mix of Shadow's Theme from FF6 throw it for a loop. Both the first responses thought it was a rap song (no lyrics but I could see how the drum beat might confuse it) and the second one ripped us a new one for a review. But the third time, no changes to my submission, and I got a smooth happy yes. I should have copied the responses. I wonder...:nicework:

I thought this thing was broken because I had been shoving mixes into it all morning and only got NOs, but I can happily say that I have finally been accepted! Not only that, but it accepted 2 in a row!

Guitars, accordion, etc. are very well arranged. Blast beat was sophisticated, and the Dubstep breakdown was cute.

It also correctly identified the lead instrument as spleen which was a pleasant surprise.

There's a guy on youtube named Husky. (No not the starcraft commentator.) He does awesome rock arrangements. I should tell him that his Titan remix passed.

This song's lines are so good, I'd snort them up my nose through a straw.

The key change be SWEET! I really dig the pretzelly key change, and the amalgamation resonates as well. I might just be dreaming, but this reminds me of something that DragonAvenger would do, which is pretty damn good, for a noob. The attention to detail on the ending made it sound completely pretzelly.

There is no question in my mind about this mechanically ripped mix. boom shaka laka!

\m/ \m/ \m/

YES

Now to try some of his other songs.

Serious feedback and bug reports only, please, otherwise I'm going to start banning people.

If you'd ever heard that old remix of mine, you'd know that part was very serious feedback. Something must have happened with one of the algorithms it uses to evaluate the music, if that song got through its rigid standards. The thing even gave me this message to boot...

:nicework:

This song is the justice.

Congraturation! You have achieved victoly!

I mean, what else would SNK Engrish mean if not that something's gone haywire?

If you'd ever heard that old remix of mine, you'd know that part was very serious feedback. Something must have happened with one of the algorithms it uses to evaluate the music, if that song got through its rigid standards. The thing even gave me this message to boot...

I mean, what else would SNK Engrish mean if not that something's gone haywire?

You need to post screenshots if you're filing a bug report.

Looking forward to the sight of my revolutionary new musical expression, "Used Car Candidates 2013.xlsx.mp3", appearing on the front page of OCR. So excite! It's so mind bending, you'll have to redefine new entire new paradigms just to wrap your head around it. I call it... a noizemix!

I submitted a track, in my opinion is ok, not my best work but I wanted to test out the bot and got a huge yes from it. I can't really say I'm satisfied about it's decision. Mainly because the way it explained the feel of my track was completely wrong.

First thing I noticed is that it said the track was some great spacey dubstep. The track was indeed smooth jazz. No dub, no wobble bass was used at all, just strings, ocarina, bass guitar, and some percussion. The critiquing was 0 percent accurate. And it said it was a good Jenova remix. It was suppose to be Legend of Zelda.

I understand that this is just a bug that can be fixed, but speaking as a musician, I take my music very seriously and I would like to be judged by a real musician/producer. No bot can take the place of the ears and the musical imagination of a real musician/producer. I always admired you all as real musicians who understood what it takes to create amazing video game remixes. Now I'm suppose to trust a bot that can't even tell the difference between dubstep and jazz? I'd rather a long wait than a quick yes or no. At least I know the music is really being critiqued.

I understand this is suppose to save time on the judging but it just doesn't feel right to be critiqued by something that isn't real. If you really needed help with the judging than you should have asked for it. I'm sure you could have found some remixers out there that could have been dependable judges. Like myself for example. Not trying to sound conceited.

i'm not shooting down at the idea, I'm just letting you know how a fellow musician feels about this.

BUG REPORT:

So... It appears that the Judganator has trouble recognizing White Noise.

This was it's reaction to a white-noise track that I made in Audacity: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bo32pvvgzn11s98/Screenshot%20%28349%29.png

You guys should probably fix this.

All I can say is that JUDGANATOR's analysis algorithms are very complex. What you write and what it hears are not necessarily going to match up 100%. Music has a lot of subtlety, and JUDGANATOR is designed to dig deep.

We'll look into the algorithms, but I'm going to say right now that the judgements you both got were more-than-likely very accurate.