News Slider w/ Remix

Well, that's not ENTIRELY accurate...

While the content of each slide is hardcoded, the underlying page is dynamic, so we COULD consistently plop the latest mix into a dedicated slide...

But, it's also RIGHT THERE on the right, so I'm wondering if this additional promotion has value when it's so proximate to the latest mixes list?

Good promotion doesn't start with thinking website visitors are dumb.

Hmmmmm.... I think you just defined marketing in general.... :-P

Sure, it wouldn't be useful for regular users of OCR. I think it would be useful for less common people who need to be inticed into a mix at a glance. A short description and a picture would catch their eye, with a link that says "Listen now!" and leads to the mixpost page.

Maybe there's some way to put the remix content beside the other content and the advertisement on the sidebar instead?

Good promotion doesn't start with thinking website visitors are dumb.
That's amusing. I have a little bit of background in advertising (mostly through the psychology of persuasion), and a heck of a lot of that does start with thinking the viewer is dumb. In fact, I think the sizable majority of advertising--evidence-based, even--is based on that assumption.

More than dumb, though people are lazy, and unobservant. But given that a front page redesign is in the works anyway, probably best to hold off until then.

That said, opening the OCR homepage and seeing a big picture, front and center, of the title screen of a game with a soundtrack I love would personally give me a bit of a thrill. I know I feel that way with album launches.

An upcoming design tweak DOES make the screenshots for the 20 mixes a little bigger, just FYI...

I don't think Brandon's idea is terrible, but it seems a little redundant... we've got ideas for some additional slides. Emphasizing one-click follow for Facebook, Twitter, & YouTube in a slide, for one.

That sounds cool! I guess I should just wait for V6 and see what the changes are there :-) It's gonna be good!

That's amusing. I have a little bit of background in advertising (mostly through the psychology of persuasion), and a heck of a lot of that does start with thinking the viewer is dumb. In fact, I think the sizable majority of advertising--evidence-based, even--is based on that assumption.

More than dumb, though people are lazy, and unobservant. But given that a front page redesign is in the works anyway, probably best to hold off until then.

That said, opening the OCR homepage and seeing a big picture, front and center, of the title screen of a game with a soundtrack I love would personally give me a bit of a thrill. I know I feel that way with album launches.

I concur good sir!