Chrono Trigger - Those Without the Will to Live - Acoustic Arrang.

0x000000FF

Just played around with this tune last night. Maybe a bit messy, but I like the acoustic sound applied to this track: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a24hc2hsye43xb/will-mix-r1a.mp3

There's not much more to add to cover the entirety of the source material. I'll likely just loop it as in the original with some changes to the ending. This is one of my favorite darker tunes from Chrono Trigger. I had a lot of fun messing around with it.

Sir this is teeeight. One of my favorite vgmixes I have heard!

Arrangement:

Taking this song and putting it on acoustic guitar is a very interesting idea. You have taken that idea and used it to its full potential. Everything is properly subdued and has its own place in the arrangement; I especially like how the acoustic plays off against the piano. The shakers really make it. At only a minute long it's pretty short, but I'm not sure I want it extended; I had it on repeat and it repeats perfectly, which was interesting. Perhaps you can make a medley of it to extend the song. I feel like the Sealed Door would make a great second half of this, continued in this style. The ambient wind noise and reed instrument are a nice touch.

Production:

All the instruments were played flawlessly and the mixing on each of them was bright and clear; everything glues together well and everything is at the right volume.

Thanks! I think I've been getting a bit better at mixing the acoustic stuff I record, but I'm still not good at it in general. I'm mostly happy with how this track is sounding though.

I hadn't considered "Sealed Door". I agree that it could fit in nicely with this tune. I'll have to play around with it.

By the way, the reed instrument is a melodica, and I was actually stoked that I had found something in which to use it, even if it is just two notes. :-D