MnP 14: Free Round!!! *Results are in*

HoboKa

Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 14: FREE ROUND

220px-QuestionBlock.jpg

"I was hoping to save this for Round 15...but seeing as round lucky number 13 flopped, Christmas comes early. So pick any source tune you want and go crazy (just try and keep it MnP-ish okie-dokie??)

-HoboKa

Starts: Friday 11/04/2014

Ends: Wednesday 23/04/2014 @ 2PM

Vote Ends: Friday 25/04/2014 @ 2PM

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Slight alterations of the source are encouraged, but not required.

2. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

3. Stay relatively close to the source's mood and notation. Refer to the example tracks for reference.

4. Any genre is acceptable, so long as you can still capture the source tune's mood and a good chunk of the notation.

5. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

6. Only 1 entry per participant.

7. Previous winner cannot participate, but can submit a bonus, as well as have a vote that counts 2x

8. Must be made for the compo, not something that's already finished, otherwise it will have to be a bonus track. Taking an old idea of yours and reworking it into something new is permissible.

**I will state the voting rules at the voting stage, so as to keep the rule list here as small as possible. I'll also relax the rules on qualative statements about your own works, because frankly, it seems impossible to prevent it from happening anyways, but I would humbly suggest that you try to exercize some discretion about said comments on yours or other people's tracks.**

Example Tracks:

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

- Certain sad or moody source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and

MnP

Edited by HoboKa
merged dupe threads

Everyone who remixes last rounds (MnP13) source deserves a bonus point, or at least a honorable mention.:-D

Probably the latter.

Can I enter with something I've once used for PRC?

It'll have to be a bonus track if you do. I did that for PRC once, albeit it originally wasn't for a compo - I mentioned that it was something I already made and the track was made into a bonus theme. So it's only fair that MnP works in the same fashion.

Edited by HoboKa

I submitted my entry. I remembered I had something up my sleeve which I think would fit for MnP, so it's not a "recycled" entry

It's still premade though, so I had to slate it as a Bonus.

Sorry for the late call on that. I didn't read the submission comment until just now =/ I wish I could make an exception, except we've got another participant who did something new, so it's not really fair for him to have to compete with something not made for this competition.

Again, I apologize for the late response on this one.

Edited by HoboKa

I wasn't on for the last few days, but there's an error. The track submitted by me was not submitted to PRC before, it's an entirely different track than the one I had in mind when I asked.

Sorry, I should have made this clearer

But it is pre-made before the competition began - I seem to remember stating in an earlier post that I had submitted something to PRC that was premade - which I told Bundeslang about and it was made into a Bonus, to which I had no qualms with.

Anyhoo, I threw in a vote for you anyway just because I'm feeling nice. Sorry about the mass confusion regarding this - to clear things up, in order to be eligible for a vote, you must have had made something FOR this compo, or at least re-worked an older idea into something new. As it's unfair to the other guys who take the initiate to start from scratch.

I guess I'll have to put that into the compo guidelines as well.

Don't worry, I'm not mad about this, I was just a bit surprised, but I should have really been clearer about this myself. And next time I'll definitely make something from scratch-

It's all good.

Also, sorry about not putting up the voting stage post. This week got pretty hectic for me. I'll strive to be a better compo host next round >_<