Chrono Trigger - Secret of the forest remix (zeal palace)

Benjaipod

What do you think of this?? i just finished it. I will maybe recieve some comments about "oh too much reverb or delay", but i was thinking in an ethereal, "heavenly" remix, with a D&B rythm, and i am kinda satisfied with the result... I want to submit this, do you think it's ready? xD

https://soundcloud.com/benjaipod/chrono-trigger-guardia-forest-remix-zeal-palace

Quick tips:

-First off, this is essentially a cover of the forest theme with a DNB beat. Would need quite a bit more personalzation to meet OCR's arrangment criteria. I do hear where you made a change later to introduce the zeal theme for a moment, but far more is needed from an arrangement perspective.

-Beat sounds very cool, however, it stays on the same rhythm pattern for the vast majority of the track. Some variation within the beat, fills, etc would definitely help.

-More minor issue: some of the instruments are a bit piercing in the high frequencies. For example, the plucked synth that starts at :25 (especially the loud note at :48 ). At the very least, tone down some of the higher frequency levels.

-Another minor point: I'm not super stoked about the bass sample you're using. It's not bad, just it sounds a bit off to me on the higher notes for some reason.

Overall good base here TBH. Good luck to you.