OCR02875 - Command & Conquer: Red Alert 'Transistor'

djpretzel

Ooooh yeeeeeeeeah. I was a huuuuge C&C and C&C Red Alert fan growing up. My friends and I used to play the game over LAN for hours on end, so the game and the soundtracks really hold a special place in my heart. This remix gives 'Radio' a more modernized feel, but I think it still captures the atmosphere of the original and the vibe of C&C quite well. The attention to detail throughout the mix is really nice; and I agree with Larry, I really dig that buildup section after the drop circa 2:00. I've always been a fan of Klepacki's work and I think this mix does it justice. Well done!

Yeah... yeah, this fits an RTS really well. ^_^ It's got those little lulls and bursts of action to create a great sense of tension and keep you always on your guard.

From 2:20 to 3:15 sounds like a riot! :D Chanting and marching in the streets.

Edited by swansdown

This is one badass, fierce, "don't give it a dirty look or you're going to the floor" ReMix! Beatdrop really delivers again, and I love the middle section where it all seems to stop, only to come climbing back up and push forward with the chants. This goes so hard. Cool stuff indeed.

• 2 months later...
Thanks! Thanks, everyone. Put a lot of work into this; my heart and soul, you might say. Seemed important, being one of my favorite tracks off the first videogame OST I ever owned. Might do some more Red Alert in the future.

That would be awesome. C&C isn't getting a lot of remix love, but I'm not sure if that's because people think Frank Klepacki already did a god damn awesome job or they just feel it's not really remixable. I'm all for a C&C album, though I'm afraid that's going to take a loooooong time :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...