OCR02876 - Super Mario 64 'Welcome to My Kastle'

djpretzel

Still as great and detailed as I remember. Some clipping here and there though. :(

Yeah, sorry >.< This is actually the exact same mix that I submitted using FL defaults, verbatim from the competition, so I didn't go back and clean up any of the small mastering issues or use any fancier mastering plugins, etc. This is entirely mastered using a single instance of FL's Soft Clipper, lol xD

Yeah, sorry >.< This is actually the exact same mix that I submitted using FL defaults, verbatim from the competition, so I didn't go back and clean up any of the small mastering issues or use any fancier mastering plugins, etc. This is entirely mastered using a single instance of FL's Soft Clipper, lol xD

It's alright; the arrangement totally makes up for it and beyond. :grin:

This made it into my playlist minutes after I downloaded it from the compo. It certainly isn't easy to make mixpost-quality mixes using vanilla FL, and this was the only entry from the compo that I did keep, but I'm thrilled to see this standing defiantly on the front page, where it belongs.

Once again, not what you have, it's what you do with it. DDRKirby nailed that home with this ReMix using the basic FL stuff. And I have to say that I really dug the SMW/SM64 transitions here, especially since I like Ultimate Koopa and Koopa's Castle so much to begin with. Sounded natural and it fit nicely. Wonderful electronica piece, this is going straight my music player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's absurd up how talented you are, Timmie. With the amount of music that you output, and the fact that most of your music is made around the same chiptune sound pallet, it always blows me away how fresh everything sounds. You're working in a very saturated genre where it's difficult to stand out from the crowd, but you really go the extra mile on the compositional front to make something special everytime you submit. This is a really special piece dude!