Nier & Xenosaga

Radical Dreamer 39

Hello dear Remixers,

I would like to make a Request here, which is beyond the usual Sonic, Mario or Zelda Stuff. One of them is the Soundtrack from the PS3/Xbox360 RPG Nier. It is a truly epic and beautiful OST, with many strong Melodies and so many fine Tracks. There aren't any weak Songs, what makes it almost impossible for me to Request a specific Track, so all the interested Remixers can choose for themselves, which Title they would prefer to work with.

Nier:

The other one i would like to request, is from the PS2 RPG Trilogy Xenosaga. It is similar to Nier, when it comes to Epicness, Beauty and a haunting melancholic Mood. Just like with Nier, i wasn't able to pin down a certain Track, that i wish to be remixed. There are just too many outstanding Songs to choose from. So, whoever likes to work on this, feel free to pick a Track you like most. If i had to make a Suggestion, than take a look at "Hepatica #3 - I believe in You" from Epsiode 3.

Xenosaga is a Trilogy, which means it is one Game, one Story split into 3 Episodes. The OSTs from Episode 1 (Yasunori Mitsuda) and Episode 3 are the most magnificent Works i have ever heard. So i will post both of them here.

Xenosaga - Episode 1:

Xenosaga - Episode 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CzbKLp2VyM

Now, for the Genre:

I personally prefer Rock (Gothic, Jazz, 70's), Metal (Doom, Technical Death, Progressive Black, Avantgarde) Orchester & Choirs or Piano Arrangements (optional with female/male Vocals), or anything else that can transfer the melancholic, sad and Epic Mood from the Original. So that means, that Hip-Hop, Techno or any other upbeat Genres would just not fit here.

I like to listen to weeping Guitar Sounds with a lot of Flanger & Delay Effects, like "Katatonia" in their early Years (

especially the last 2 Min.) or the Gothic Rock Band "Still Patient" (
) who can create a certain Soundscape to express the Emotions that occur within the Stories of the Games. And believe me, Nier and Xenosaga are the two Titles with the most tragic Moments i have ever experienced in a Game.

I wish there would be a Nier or Xenosaga Remix Album in the Future, but i guess, this is not going to happen. Although it would be a wonderful Experience for Remixers and Listeners alike, because these Soundtracks are full of strong Emotions and outstanding Melodies.

I would like to say Thanks in Advance and hopefully, i was able to reach some Remixers, looking for a new Challenge. :-)

I wish there would be a Nier or Xenosaga Remix Album in the Future, but i guess, this is not going to happen.

theoretically you could always try to drum up interest in one and you could even be the project director of such a thing. im not exactly sure myself how to go about starting album projects but perhaps you could look around and try to find one of the directors of a current album project and then ask them how to go about starting one!