Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Stranger I Remain remix [EDM]

Kruai

Hey all,

Just workin' on another remix. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the beginning of this one yet, and I'm certain I don't know how I want to end it (it cuts off very quickly at the end). Anywho, I experimented with a lot of different sounds on this one. Let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/kruai/stranger-i-remain-remix-wip/s-wB2D2

Thanks for listening :<

• 2 weeks later...

My first impression was that I'm definitely liking the ideas you're conveying in this track. I was tapping my feet to it and everything. Felt powerful.

The high lead snippets in the intro are a bit too loud though.

The biggest thing you need to fix, IMO, is your dynamics in this track. Normally, I'm a fan of wide dynamic range, but since this a purely EDM track, I think you need to watch your volume changes here throughout. Definitely need some overall compression to fix that, but it is a WIP so I'll assume that isn't dealt with yet.

I thought the breakdown was pretty cool. Nice and contemplative before taking off again.

But right there, right when the breakdown reaches the end to its calm, there is big volume spike with little to warn the listener of the upcoming dB boost. Perhaps you need an airy riser or a swell to lead up to it.

The part that begins around 1:03, has a ton of white noise. I don't know if that was your intention to have it dominate like that, but if not, it is a bit too demanding on the rest of the spectrum in my opinion.

But all in all, it is a kickin' WIP. I'll be looking for your updates.

Cheers.

I like everything except the shrill/grating portamento lead sound. Can you try finding a different one? :) That aside, this gets pretty loud, and could be mixed more cleanly above 16000Hz, especially at 1:04-1:24 and 2:58-3:30. 3:19-3:30 also gets kind of muddy in the low end. I think you can do it.

Edited by timaeus222

I really don't like the arrangement, honestly. It doesn't really have any of the original's intensity except towards the end. It feels like it's always building up, but it never really lets loose.

The arrangement is kind of empty feeling; devoid of a bassline in a lot of sections. It's also pretty random on structure and this makes the vocals feel like a tacked on addition rather than building an arrangment around the vocals. As a result, it doesn't really "flow" for lack of a better term. It also ends incredibly abruptly. I know it's a WIP, but that still caught me off guard.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw