Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History

Black_Doom

Nah, sorry. We already have way too many tracks. And we still don't have all nesessary tracks claimed. Though, if you promise to claim one if tracks mentioned in the first post, and make a quite good track, I'll allow you to join the project.

I have to say, working on a 'Title Themes Medley' could interest me.

Can I just ask if we are free to choose the themes we'd like to include in the medley? Or do we have to cover very specific ones?

Any ending theme is fine (as well as medley of ending themes, but your medley should sound as a single cohesive song, like this: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02732/Or this: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02653/) I like STH3 ending theme most of all, though :P

Well, I enjoy that theme too... a lot!

But I'm not feeling very confident about taking care of the ending themes T.T

I was actually thinking that, maybe, I could do a medley of the Title Screen themes from 'Sonic & Knuckles', 'Sonic CD (US)' and 'Sonic The Hedgehog (Mega Drive)'.

Unless someone is already taking care of this medley.

Well, I enjoy that theme too... a lot!

But I'm not feeling very confident about taking care of the ending themes T.T

I was actually thinking that, maybe, I could do a medley of the Title Screen themes from 'Sonic & Knuckles', 'Sonic CD (US)' and 'Sonic The Hedgehog (Mega Drive)'.

Unless someone is already taking care of this medley.

No one wishes to create such a thing, except you, of course, so this is now your claim :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So... Yeah, the project is still alive, but it just develops very slowly. So, I want to say some things:

1. We definitely will not have this project realeased excactly on June 25th, because there's ton of work to do, but it will be released for sure!
  2. I'm thinking about cutting down the overall number of tracks, because I simply can't manage such big project.
  3. Charles Ritz dropped his SLW medley, and since the track I got from Marvin Valentin is a bit cover-ish and it is the only SLW cover left, we need at least one more SLW claim! C'mon!
  4. We still don't have any ending theme claimed. That's shame. Sonic series has plenty of great closing stuff. I'd especially like to hear orchestral remix of STH3 ending theme :P But that's just me, other ending stuff is fine as well.

So, that's it. Let's do it, guys!

Honestly, I think there's too many tracks for Sonic 1 so the cutting down would be a good idea. We could represent other games instead. 

As such, I also think one track for Sonic Lost World is enough and you could get Marvin to work on it again. I think that would help, especially if you want to make this an official OCRemix album?

But glad to see this coming along anyway :) 

7 hours ago, ~Faseeh~ said:

you could get Marvin to work on it again.

@~Faseeh~ I asked him to do this when I recieved his track, but he said that he was unable to do this. BTW, Sonic Lost World has an excellent OST and it's devfenitely worth some more attention (especially Sea Bottom Seague :P) and at least one more claim ;)  

• 4 weeks later...

I already hate myself for writing this, but I'm afraid I'll have to quit the project -- I don't manage to get anything interesting out of my WIP and the more I work on it the less I know where I am going.

Really sorry to that but I think it'll be better for the album if someone more talented and inspired could take care of this opening track.

I'll let my WIP available here anyway (http://www.mediafire.com/download/bbnyrnnqyo96m0j/Sonic+Medley.zip). Hopefully, it could at least help the one who'll take my place getting inspired for his own mix.

Again, really sorry.

Just now, Jorito said:

How does that work? You want to release a part of the album on June 23 and a part after?

I think I want to do something like what happened with Temporal Duality: one track was released on the game's anniversary, and the whole album was released a couple of moths later. In this case I'd like the remix of the most iconic tune to be released as a bithday present. If y'know what I mean ;)

• Liontamer changed the title to Speeding Towards Adventures: 25 Years of Sonic the Hedgehog - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic