Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes Announced!

Pl511

can't wait for the xy remakes when i'm too old and busy to care anymore.

those will be the days.

Welcome to the world I'm currently living in re: the R/S remakes.

Makes me feel very old that they're making remakes to Ruby/Sapphire. I can't believe it's been eleven years since they were originally released. Admittedly, though, if I owned a 3DS, I'd probably pick up copies of the games.

Welcome to the world I'm currently living in re: the R/S remakes.

Makes me feel very old that they're making remakes to Ruby/Sapphire. I can't believe it's been eleven years since they were originally released. Admittedly, though, if I owned a 3DS, I'd probably pick up copies of the games.

Still waiting on dat FFVII remake...

Also I felt old when FR/LG came out and that was what, 8 years ago when I was 17?

I'm honestly really stoked for it. Given how Game Freak's been dead-set on theming their regions from 5th gen onward, I want to see if they'll do it with Hoenn, too.

Plus it has all those unique, interesting places and routes! I want to see what they'll do with that!

Timaeus.

That's the same exact thing that it says about X/Y.

All that means is that there won't be stereoscopic 3D everywhere, probably only in battles as in X/Y.

also that's totally the same exact video i linked already lol

Yeah, I was just pointing something out. =p Guess the 2D just meant "normal" rather than "DPPt-level" 3D. This is why I should get a 3DS already.

Pretty much how I'm feeling after that wait (yeah, it was only like, two days, but still):

http://i.imgur.com/rL2GcF0.png

Really? That was the so called "sneak peak" of the game.

This is extremely underwhelming.

Maybe they are holding the big guns for the next Nintendo Direct video. Here's hoping it's mega evolution reveals and a new feature added to the games.

Except it doesn't do that at all.

Those could very well be early versions of the animation they show for the opening credits. They could even be one-off animations made specifically for the show they aired on. There was no indication that it was in-game battle animation, nor a part of the game itself.

This was kind of Nintendo's chance to wow us with what Game Freak has been working on all these months since XY came out in October. Six months later, and all they had to show for it was something that a decent prankster could have whipped up for their fake announcement on April 1st.

I'm really hoping they release more to show how far along the game is, because for some of us (maybe even a tiny bit of myself), this would have been the perfect chance to show that the remakes aren't just something they tossed out to make a quick buck.

They better have more than that to show over the next few weeks, because as first impressions go, this one didn't impress at all.

okay man. :)

I didn't read that other post until after posting mine (and reading this). My bad for being redundant, I feel silly now.

Pretty much how I'm feeling after that wait (yeah, it was only like, two days, but still):

http://i.imgur.com/rL2GcF0.png

This honestly looks like it's going to be the cutscene for when Groudon and Kyogre start trying to end the world. I kind of forgot exactly what happened to the plot around that time, but I do know that before the battle with Groudon everything was super bright, and with Kyogre there was that huge drizzle storm. End of the world stuff.

I should knowing seeing as I played through those games at least 10 different times. D:

Edited by urdailywater