Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Remakes Announced!

Pl511

I think it'd make a lot more sense to things like that, so probably. It made things a bit easier sure but I feel like a lot of things in the past games were used to make it more accessible and honestly less boring (like XP share mechanics).

I'm really curious how they're going to go about sea travel and diving. Hoenn is pretty much half made up of sea iirc, so they should do something to really spice things up with sea travel. No ideas off the top of my head but it could make the experience 100x better if they changed how things were done.

They should seriously take this oppurtunity to change a bunch of things rather than just dropping Hoenn into the current engine like they seemed to do with the past two games.. Introduce new mechanics, or maybe change the landscapes to be a lot more natural than before. Hoenn was a very pretty looking region so graphics are going to mean a lot to the game.

Edited by urdailywater

Well, they had a small dive semi-mini-game-ish thing in B&W/B2&W2 with the underground ruins with all the Arceus plates, so it's not like they haven't done some ground work on an update...

Besides, they should do a re-make of Emerald too. Behold. CHOAS EMERALD.

Since this is pretty much the de facto pokémon thread, this would be a good time to post this list of Pokémon games that will be affected by the Nintendo Wi-Fi shutdown that is coming up.

http://i.imgur.com/vd7wt2d.png

This does not mean, however, that local wireless communications are going to be shut down. Local wireless only requires you to the DS/3DSs own wireless on.

AGAIN: playing someone face to face will work as long as your DS does, it's only internet wireless that is being shut down. Local = fine, internet= no.

If you have any interest in using these games online, do so now.

I'm pretty sure you can just use the slider on the side.

Yeah, you can do that, but unfortunately apparently 3DS games still internally render two images for the 3D, regardless of whether the slider is on or not. Some games allow you to just switch it off entirely, which I imagine would conserve some battery life by halving the rendering needed.

I'm really curious how they're going to go about sea travel and diving. Hoenn is pretty much half made up of sea iirc, so they should do something to really spice things up with sea travel. No ideas off the top of my head but it could make the experience 100x better if they changed how things were done.

I think an easy way would be to change the Pokemon distribution. IIRC, the surfing was literally only Wingull and Tentacool (and their evos). If they decided to say "screw it" with keeping the old distribution, they could add in a whole lot more to make it a bit less tedious.

Here's how to make surfing less tedious:

1) More variety in encounters. There is probably over 100 water pokemon now. Show it.

2) Don't make it so I have to watch the same goddamn animations after clicking through the menus EVERY TIME I WANT TO SURF. This is a problem with how HMs are utilized in general but gets exemplified when you're island hopping.

3) Reduce the wild encounter rate.

4) Zoom out the camera so we can see way ahead. It's disorienting and frustrating to be surrounded by the same blue water on all sides with no markings in sight to guide us.

5) Make more mons visible when surfing, like Lapras in X/Y. Better than that whale-turtle shadow we always seem to get.

Here's how to make surfing less tedious:

5) Make more mons visible when surfing, like Lapras in X/Y. Better than that whale-turtle shadow we always seem to get.

Definitely this. My prediction is that they will only have fully evolved Pokemon visible on the over world when surfing. (Which is fine by me if they did it that way.) It would look weird if I have a Psyduck that knows surf and all my character is doing is standing on it's head in order to get across water.

Also, I want speedy water Pokemon to move faster while surfing. Never understood why all of them moved at the same speed. And a surfing mini-game in the style of Waverace 64. They had water Pokemon races in the anime so why not in the games.

All we can do now is what for whatever update on the next Nintendo Direct.

• 4 weeks later...

New Mega Evolutions confirmed! Among other things. Here's the lowdown from CoroCoro.

- scans include Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie

- Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type

- Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ???

- Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod

- Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim

- Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre

- these are said to be a regression called Ancient Devolution

- Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X

- Steven is after the secret for Mega Evolution

- Mach and Acro Bike make a return

- Team Aqua & Team Magma both return

- Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney

- Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley

- the team you face varies depending upon the game

- the item that activates Mega Evolution is the Mega Bangle

So that means an electric immunity / special attack boost payoff for Sceptile and extra speed in rain for Swampert. This could throw the tide in regards to what starter I plan to use when I get the game - it's especially given Sceptile one heck of an edge.

So glad we got screenshots at last - vague as it looks, but we may be onto something. Still, mega-evolution and alterations to the story makes it look more liberal for a remake; however, as long as it plays awesome, I'm cool with this. :)

The team you're fighting depending on the game suggests another HeartGold/SoulSilver treatment, where the games keep their original story but implement parts of the third game's story into it.

But that seems really hard to pull off, given that Emerald's story revolved around fighting both teams...