Lime of the Season - A Zelda: Oracle of Seasons album

Lemonectric

Rêvasser Network presents:

index-lots.png

Website

Lime of the Season is a fan arrangement album paying tribute to the soundtrack of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. It complements the previously-released Essence of Lime, which covered Oracle of Ages. For this project, the gameplay premise of Oracle of Seasons has been incorporated into the music. Every track has been assigned a season and arranged accordingly; a spring track might represent a rainy day or young love, while an autumn track might represent a creepy dungeon or a chilly morning. It was up to each musician to decide how to approach the arrangement.

The album runs about 90 minutes and features 24 tracks by 22 diverse musicians such as Rexy, halc, and Dj Mokram.

Project History

In early 2008, I started a personal project to arrange the soundtrack of Oracle of Ages, the game that sparked my interest in video game music. I called it Essence of Lime. People offered assistance one by one, and before anyone knew what was happening, Essence of Lime was a community project with a name that didn't quite make sense anymore. By then, however, the participants had succumbed to the citrus fever. An Oracle of Seasons album was proposed internally toward the end of Essence of Lime's production, and now we're finally here. Big thanks to everyone involved in the two projects! We're doooonnneee!

Essence of Lime was released on June 18, 2010. Lime of the Season was released on May 7, 2014.

Would have been cool if OCR had I dunno, tweeted or made some kind of fb post or anything.. oh well.. maybe tomorrow.. :-P

Word will spread. You all are impatient. :< If you want to blame someone, blame me for not giving OCR staff advance notice.

Forgot to mention: Essence of Lime was also retagged so the album information would sort properly. If you never got around to downloading it before, now's the perfect time. The music itself is unchanged, though.

• 6 years later...