Games that got spoiled. *Spoilers*

Thin Crust

ASLIUHLIREHLOJHVLISHD;UFDKJHGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just happened twice for me today and in the stupidest way. I was on youtube and the related video section had a video titled "The death of *********". It happened for InFAMOUS Second Son, and just now for The Last of Us.(Waiting to get it on PS4)

The first time this happened was for Peace Walker though. I saw a video titled "The death of **********" and just from knowing that this character died, I was able to predict the entire story. However, when I got to that point, I was very surprised that it happened the way it did.

But the worst spoiler I ever got was for Heavy Rain. Someone spoiled who the villain was and I went through the entire game knowing exactly who it was and it ruined the experience for me.

What about you? Got any frustrating tales of spoilers that you want to share? Please omit the actual spoiler when telling your story.

As much as I love the Jak and Daxter series, I got hit big time a couple of times during the series. (white text below - highlight at your own risk)

Jak 2 was frustrating as balls, but my challenging gamer-self loved going through it and the evolving storyline gave me more of an incentive to keep going. But when looking in advance at the last few missions on GameFAQs in relation to where I was at that point... I would learn that Sig - arguably the coolest NPC helper character in the entire game - dies at some point; as well as learning that Kor is actually the Metal Head Leader. Thankfully all the other twists since the Underport area were kept out of sight for me, including Sig actually SURVIVING. Whew!

And then came Jak 3, which had a frustrating 2-month-long wait for me to play due to me being at University and without a TV to play my videogames on. So... I grew to like Damas as a character, whom while strong and firm under the desert conditions also treats Jak like his own son. I did learn that Damas is actually Jak's father through accidental shifting through some Jak wiki when I actually started playing it. Much like with the Sig case above, nothing would prepare me for how Jak finds out - right when Damas dies. Again, all other spoilers were far out of my reach.

I hope I'm doing this code right... >_>

Been through something similar to this lately myself! Been playing Tales of Graces f, and seeing as I'm familiar with their typical formula, I've been playing the 'when's -insert important plot character-' going to rejoin our team?"

And then, low and behold, looked up some help for titles annnnnd....

Spoiler. Thanks. Couldn't just say, "automatically obtains", nooooo. Had to be specific.

Every Zelda game is a walking spoiler to me. Hence why I play for the music/environments and seeing what they did different. I don't care about who was kidnapped/rescued except for Twilight Princes and Skyward Sword. But that's just moi.

i like spoilers sometimes. surprises suck, and sometimes i just wanna see how a story plays out rather than trying to guess the whole way through.

the most memorable spoiler was probably for silent hill 2. but the funny thing is i forgot about the spoiler, so it ended up being a pointless anyways. (I didn't play the game about 1 or 2 years after being spoiled)

that was a good thing for that game though, cause you kind of assume how things will happen anyway, and they do, just in a completely different way, which is cool.

also the visual novel little busters. but that's one of those games that i wanted to see how the ending happened more so than the actual ending.

I knew about Aeris' death months before FFVII even came out in the USA. My boyfriend had a japanese playstation and a japanese copy, and not only did he tell me about the death but he had to show it to me (as well as the ending of the game, which made little sense with japanese subtitles and no context). I still got the game anyway, but the biggest shocker to most gamers was kind of a "meh, yeah this again" to me.

Yea, I'm on a total media blackout for a lot of games. Let's see, that includes:

last of us

killzone shadowfall

beyond 2 souls

tomb raider

metal gear solid ground zeroes/phantom pain

bioshock 3

journey

Wow, my list of games to play is getting really small. There are only about 15 left.

When FF7 came out only one of my friends had it. He had been playing it for about a week when we all came over to check it out for the first time. He was literally within 10 minutes of Aeris getting killed, so her death was basically the first thing I saw.

I would have been angry but I think there was something seriously wrong with the guy. He also, at one point, maxed out Cecil and Kain in the forest outside Baron in FF4, before entering the Mist cave.

Edited by herograw

If you watch trailers for a game on YouTube before it comes out, your related videos later on will be the end game spoilers from that game. Its stupid.

Or, if you watch channels like The Escapist and watch an episode of Zero Punctuation and they outright throw it in there for you.

But hey, what's a spoiler or two coming from Yahtzee? XD

If you watch trailers for a game on YouTube before it comes out, your related videos later on will be the end game spoilers from that game. Its stupid.

Actually when it spoiled inFAMOUS Second Son and Last of Us, I was watching a playthrough of Remember Me. Who knew?

Every Zelda game is a walking spoiler to me. Hence why I play for the music/environments and seeing what they did different. I don't care about who was kidnapped/rescued except for Twilight Princes and Skyward Sword. But that's just moi.

Zelda is mostly about the gameplay anyways. They have the fun factor and puzzle solving nailed down, so as long as theres some variation in the puzzles and items, theres always fun to be had in zelda.

I remember looking something up about how to make pins work on TWEWY, and in the description on it online it spoiled what the game was about... I know it's kind of in the title and supposed to be obvious, but I would've liked to react more like Neku did on Day 5 Week 1 about it, 'cause I didn't really see it coming while I was playing. :|

I'd also love to see someone's reaction to Aerith's death one day - like, a real reaction, as if the person never knew it was coming. Shame that is a scene that's so spoiled every single gamer around knows what happens. Ah well, such is life.

I remember looking something up about how to make pins work on TWEWY, and in the description on it online it spoiled what the game was about... I know it's kind of in the title and supposed to be obvious, but I would've liked to react more like Neku did on Day 5 Week 1 about it, 'cause I didn't really see it coming while I was playing. :|

I'd also love to see someone's reaction to Aerith's death one day - like, a real reaction, as if the person never knew it was coming. Shame that is a scene that's so spoiled every single gamer around knows what happens. Ah well, such is life.

she dies?!

It wasn't spoiled for me because at the time I was mostly into casualized console scum like Crash Bandicoot and Pong: The Next Generation, so when I got into FF7 I didn't know anything about RPGs or the culture or anything.

When I got to that point of the game, I was like "Nooo!" and watched mouth agape as the little Holy materia flopped into the water. The dialogue when it goes back to the characters is actually pretty heart-wrenching. I remember choking back tears while pummeling Jenova. That's probably the one boss battle in the game that nobody ever loses cause they have so much emotional adrenaline from what just happened. That whole section made me cry like a little baby, up until the end of the disc I think -- the whole water funeral and everything.

I don't remember if I knew about Aeris's death beforehand or not, but I found the aftermath of it more emotionally engaging than the actual shock of her death. By then, I had been conditioned to such things from Tellah's death in FFIV, General Leo's death in FFVI, Shadow and Cid's possible deaths in FFVI, Kefka destroying the friggin' world in FFVI and Crono's death in Chrono Trigger.

The only difference here was that they went deeper into what the characters think and feel right at the moment they lose someone in such a shocking way.

I don't remember if I knew about Aeris's death beforehand or not, but I found the aftermath of it more emotionally engaging than the actual shock of her death. By then, I had been conditioned to such things from Tellah's death in FFIV, General Leo's death in FFVI, Shadow and Cid's possible deaths in FFVI, Kefka destroying the friggin' world in FFVI and Crono's death in Chrono Trigger.

The only difference here was that they went deeper into what the characters think and feel right at the moment they lose someone in such a shocking way.

Exactly, man.

I think it's just Cloud and Sephiroth talking. Sephiroth's spouting his crazy and Cloud is just soopah hurt by what happened. Then the fight with Jenova, then the water burial... Man, Square needs to bring back the stories to FF.

I wonder just how many people played FFVII and didn't know about Aeris' death? Even Square themselves sort of ruined it in one of the TV commercials for the game.

I think it's funny though, that as much as people talk about Aeris' death and remember that bit of the game, that no one ever spoils or mentions the bigger spoiler in the story: Cloud didn't do everything he said he did at the Midgar reactor! He was just an ordinary guard! He was no better then the grunts you fought at the start of the game! THAT was way more shocking to me then Aeris' death, by far.

EDIT: Also the spoiler that you weren't following Sephiroth at all during disc 1. You were following Jenova, who's a shapeshifter and took the form of Sephiroth. Never really hear people mention that one either.

Edited by Dexie

Never really hear people mention that one either.

Due to the somewhat shoddy translation, that's one spoiler that a lot of people never actually even realized was the case (at least in terms of who was really controlling who), and some still don't to this day. I wouldn't have had any idea if I hadn't read the FFVII Ultimania years later and stumbled onto it there.

I had Aeris/Aerith's death spoiled because I had bought the Bradygames player's guidebook and they literally showed screenshots of the incident. I wasn't bothered at the time given my age, but looking back on it, I wish I hadn't known in advance.

I also had the culprit's identity in Persona 4 spoiled because I was using a walkthrough on GameFAQs for making the right dialogue responses for social links and such. Unfortunately, the Social Link section was near the bottom of the massive page and as I was scrolling down, the mouse wheel just happened to stop at the point where the culprit's identity gets revealed. Despite the walkthrough's creator trying to make it hard to decipher by spelling it out vertically among a bunch of gibberish, my eyes still rested on the first letter and immediately figured it out (it was who I expected by that time, but still, I wanted to confirm it in the game itself).