Question about Kwed remixes' WEIRD sound

I have a few questions regarding Kwed remixes.

1.A lot of kred remixers seem to have a similar(a little bit) sound, which is.. an odd synth sound with some trance beat.

is that because they seem to use the same techniques/samples?

2.Why do they do the song 'comic bakery' a lot?

They seem to select only certain songs,(as opposed to OCR), like Last Ninja,COMIC BAKERY, Commando and such.

3.I assume.. they're mostly trance/electronic composers?

A lot of remixes sound like something I've never heard before.. and I know absolutely nothing about them.

So please help..

Answer to 1:

It's indeed the SID chip used for the Comodore. Like linked from from OverCoat already, you can find some infos about that thing here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_Technology_SID

Answer to 2:

The games are remixed a lot because it is like OCR with Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy and Street Fighter. Major games, expecially beginners take a stab at those games. And the most and best known games on the C64 were Comic Bakery, The Last Ninja, Bionic Commando, Turrican and Giana Sistars. Or in short the musicians: Rob Hubbart, Chris Huelsbeck, M. Siebold, etc.

Answer to 3:

Answer is "no". It's just not common to make Orchestra mixes out of C64 tunes. Some do, but this is rare. It's also like with OCR. Sometimes we get a flood of Rock tracks, then Orchestra (like in the last half year), sometimes electronic only. Also a lot of C64 stuff was pretty upbeat or electronic. That doesn't mean that the remixers are only "electronic" or "trance" artists. It depends on the song, and the mood the song reflected in the first place.

Question:

Why did you ask "us", if you could have asked that over at KWED. They have a board, too.