Escape From Research Lab

Garoad

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words! I'm probably not the best example as far as workflow goes. The majority of it stems from noodling around and playing with different things until something sounds good and going from there.

I use Cubase as my primary DAW (Sometimes I dive into a little Reason 4/Record duo). Nexus, Omnisphere, and Zebra tend to be my go-to plugins.

I've been using Sonar for a long time, but more for editing/mixing live instruments... I found it really cumbersome when I tried video game composition. Lots of tracks for little things that just pop in once, automation envelopes all over the place, the piano roll is kind of a pain to access... I don't know if this is normal or what. Never used Cubase, but I was thinking of trying FL Studio for its smoother sequencing.

It's just that FL has kind of a reputation as a noob-rap-beats-making program... Mayhaps I'll try Cubase.

Blame the workman, not the tools. Zircon uses Fl, and if you're interested, he has made a "course" video on it or something.