OCR00494 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Brambles in the Breeze"

Ginnsu

This song was my frist ever remnix i downloaded from here, i loved the orginal of this, and when i heard this, i decided to come back for more, its always in eveyr playlist i have, anything to be said about this remix has been said already this truly kicks ass, its really nice and relaxxing and as one said, its repeteive but u dont actually seem to get sick of it ever - truly brillaint :)

HOLY CRAP. KUDOS to the Prot factor for remixing probably the best track off the DKC2 soundtrack... the right way. Seriously this remix is FlatOut FREAKin AWESome. Proticity u get 5 out of 5 stars, 2 thumbs up,the 10/10, HOLY SH** award, editors pick, and placed among one of my fav OCRs... just simply BRILLIANT. GJ

(note) if u like this guys work check out " KROOL Intenstions. http://www.ocremix.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR01183 great mix 2

• 3 months later...

When I dlded all Ocremix with bittorrent, I listened to all. Yes, I did, but it was a long time ago. Then, your song came to my ears. I remember I've said : Holy shit! This song rocks! (in french, cauz I'm in Quebec). Seriously, Potricity, you've made many remixes with DKC, did you? I apreciate them all. I must thank you to bring us good remixes like this one. (Good?, why good, that's not enough to rate this 5:32-minutes-best-song-ever. Me too, I often relax with it. I like when you think that the remix is finished, as the sound go down, and all seems to fade-out, and then, the melody reappears. That's just beautiful. I wish I could make good remixes like this one. You're my idol! No, seriously, Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There are a bunch of things that make this song amazing: 1) it's a remix of the best DKC2 song, 2) it's long but it keeps your attention the whole way through, and 3) the instrument selection is damn near perfect. It jsut screams DOWNLOAD ME!

• 2 weeks later...

Prot's second best DKC2 remix, I'ld say

Cool ambience with a very cool rhythmic synth with a raising and dropping EQ

When the piano comes in it reminds me of music from Gunbound which isn't bad, not bad at all

The song continues moving in on, getting more laid back as it goes. There's a sweet drumtrack overtop everything but it all seems so relaxing still

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There's only one word to describe this remix: WOW!!! :D

Congratulations Protricity in my way to see it u even did it better than the original song. I used to love the original one, but now that i heard this remix version... well i cannot stop hearing it once and once again.

Im not a big musician, in fact i cannot even read a score sheet :lmassoff:, but in my younger days i used to be a great video gamer and this game, specially this song always was one of my favorites :)!!

Thanks a lot!!! :)!!

• 1 month later...

This one is right up there in my top 10 OC remixes.

The sound is so rich and crystal clear that it pops majestic inside my headphones.

I also adore the original version. I would sometime replay the stage or just let it sit there while the tune runs in the background back in the mid 90's (no chance of finding an mp3 of that floating around back then)

Proticity did a super-awesome job of doing everything right with this track while also preserving the original sound.

• 1 month later...

I'm right there with the above post. I, too, used to enter brambles levels just to listen. This mix is, so far, my favorite on the site. Granted, I'm predisposed to love this song, as it haunted my childhood. I could never get it out of my head! This mix is perfect. A -wonderful- adaptation of the original.

• 1 month later...

I've been listening to this one for over a year, and put it on a cd of my top ten favorite remixes, to go camping with me.

It really makes me miss the grass on the side of the road as you go to a far away place.

My girlfriend likes it too.

• 11 months later...

AWESOMES song!!!!! This remix is just better than the original (both in GBA version and Snes version) though the original song Stickerbrush Symphony is the greatest song in DKC 2 :)

Any way, most of Protricity songs are excellent :lol:

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is an odd bump, but whatever - it must be said.

This is a magnificent mix. A ready favourite for wandering to school on cold winter days...Lotsa good times on this one. There's nothing really to complain about or even say - just let its majesty unfurl on you. You'll love it - downbeat-ish with a solid, solid core.

Definitely recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I Can't Get This Out of My Head! - 5/5

- - -

Stickerbrush Symphony is my favorite song of the 16-bit era. Literally I can't overstate how awesome the source material is and you should check it out. The original has a very distant feel to it, yet also endows the listener with hope. Simply a brilliant piece by Dave Wise.

Now I tip my hat to Protricity because he somehow managed to keep that same feel and bring it up to the modern day. This remix has aged very well and remains one of my favorite on the site, give it a listen!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00494 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Brambles in the Breeze"