Contact Information

Jakesnke17

Jacob Diaz

http://djjd.bandcamp.com

Submission Information

Mega Man X3, Mega Man V, Mega Man II

"Crystal Cipher"

X3 Zero Theme, Stone Man, and Metal Man

This originally came together for the WCRG 2013 Competition, I had the original idea to put together a track that started out with a semi-organic jungle vibe. I really wanted something different, than what was normally done with the Mega Man X3 Zero Theme. So I mashed it together with Stone Man and...that's what happened. Near the end of the week, I asked Ben Briggs and ectogemia for help with the last half of the song, for which they put together two fantastic solos...and made the song amazing. This is the result of our collaboration and I hope you guys enjoy. :)

-----------------------

- Zero

- Stone

- Metal Edited by DragonAvenger

• 1 month later...

I'm a huge fan of Jake's music and this track is no exception. I love the interweaving of sources here, quite impressive. The detail work in the track is really nice as usual from Jake, and Ben's and Nathan's solos are really fun and add tons of personality. The track has *almost* too much reverb, even by my loose standards, but the combination of heavy reverb elements with more upfront and drier crunchy synths and percussion elements/reverses makes a wonderful contrast. Great listen, nice work.

YES

Nice airy opening to the track. I actually liked it less when the low line came in at :16, because it disturbed the serenity of the opening, though that's neither here nor there.

When the original synth line on top at :47 arrived, I felt like the soundscape immediately became a lot muddier and the kicks in particular were mudding up the soundfield until 1:19. Whatever happened there should have been tweaked, IMO, to give everything room to breathe. The same goes for every section where Zero theme plays in conjunction with something else; there's needless crowding occurring.

Too bad the soundscape wasn't less cramped during those densest sections. That said, this was an otherwise strong arrangement that set an excellent mood. :-)

YES

AHMIGAWD dem drums. REALLY nice drum work here; pushes the track over the end. Can't say enough good things - detailed, creative. The Blade Runner style trailing pitch slides are fun.

Bottom line? This is what happens when you pair a great arrangement with STELLAR sound design & production. Huge fan, no-brainer:

YES