"Hated" game music that you like

Necrox

"Blue Blue skiiiieeesss"

"Blue Blue Skieesss i seeeee!"

What is people's problem with that? It's totally video game music and it totally is low quality and the vocals are uh... yeah a bit painful but I mean not a poop track.

As for Sonic Shuffle, I remember a couple of odd tracks but some of it was cool.

I love how we're generally sticking with Sega music here, despite the fact I think Sonic had some of the coolest music of any series for a really long time. In fact, he still does. I mean, there are a lot of people that still say that despite the fact a lot of Sonic games sucks, usually the music is still appreciated.

Sonic '06's soundtrack was not amazing, but 100 times better than the game. Sonic 3D Blast has a stellar soundtrack (especially the Saturn version) despite being a pretty crappy game. Some may say differently, but that game sucked pretty badly for me.

Sonic '06's soundtrack was not amazing, but 100 times better than the game.

Speaking about this game I can say that it's not as bad as most of people think. And threre's not so many glitches if you are not seeking them. And the music is really good, for example this track:

But yeah, this isn't the best game. Still, it's not the worst.

I don't know how many other gamers feel, Blue Dragon's soundtrack had that fun mix of borderline cheesy and the other half was amazingly catchy. Uematsu must have had some fun making that soundtrack, but by far the best/worst track was the boss fight tune, 'Eternity'. Can't say I hate the soundtrack, because, hell, I own it.

And the Dynasty Warrior titles are guilty pleasures of mine, among all the other game music I enjoy, merely on the level of it's oriental infusion with rock and metal tunes. Can't begin to recount how many hours I've spent in the options just sampling the tracks. I think I could likely tell you which mix a Lu Bu track is. XD

OH. OH OH. What about Katamari Damacy? Surprised that wasn't thrown up yet for discussion.

Na naaaa nanananana-na...

Speaking about this game I can say that it's not as bad as most of people think. And threre's not so many glitches if you are not seeking them. And the music is really good, for example this track:
But yeah, this isn't the best game. Still, it's not the worst.

Eh, I would have to disagree... it's a pretty crappy game. But hey, to each his own.

Well, for Sonic Adventures 1 & 2, one of the things that stuck in my mind about EGM's review for Sonic Heroes was that they were praising the music as "finally being good". And at the time I honestly didn't appreciate the OSTs that much until I was older and was more into electronic and jazz and rock, and could appreciate things like instrumentation (which are damn fantastic in those OSTs).

I remember loving the hell out of some songs in Sonic Shuffle (the battle theme really stuck with me), but I just didn't play it enough to really appreciate it (couldn't get past the first board on my own). IIRC, Shadow of a Hedgehog doesn't have its soundtrack either. :|

I unashamedly know (and sing along to) all of the Sonic vocal songs. ESPECIALLY Knuckles' raps. PUNKIN' IN DA ALLEY!

Deadly Towers for the NES has some pretty horrible tunes but the ones that were good had a very Celtic flavor to them. Now if the game wouldn't stop the track and start it up again when you walked into a new room we probably could have enjoyed them a little more.

A lot of people seem to hate the Final Fantasy X soundtrack, which is my favorite VGM OST ever.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I actually don't even hate the Final Fantasy X-2 music either. I liked both games and OSTs for the most part.

Not sure about original opening to Street Fighter 4 now since people seem to have warmed up to it over the years, but it seemed like I was the only one to like it when it first came out.

King of Fighters has good music generally, but I love the KOF'94 song '

', also known as 'South Korea/Tae Kwon Do Team Theme'. There could have been more. Has a blues/chromatic thing going that's mixed with island drumming.