rRPC - The Remix Role-Playing Competition (Congratulations to Jason Covenant and evktalo)

FenixDown

That is rather interesting, I agree. However, people can post their choices here in the thread if they want.

I don't know, I think having a few people coming in to the competition without publicly announcing their choice would be interesting; other participants can't attempt to prepare themselves for the competition [if in the villain bracket, that is]

This compo idea intrigues me.

The countless possibilities of match-ups has me curious on who is going to pick which character theme.

May I offer a suggestion FenixDown regarding sign-ups? You should have people choose 3 hero themes and 3 villain themes along with a bracket preference. That way if you get 32 submissions of people picking hero themes, you can have an easier time delegating between which side of the bracket people want to be on. Just a thought that could make things a little easier for you when form the brackets.

Interesting that you don't want these public. You realize there's a higher chance for conflicts this way, right?

I wasn't really aiming for secrecy when I decided to go with PMing sign ups, I just assumed people would be more forthcoming with their selections. An oversight on my part, I'll edit the sign up posts to better emphasize that. I fully encourage people to post their picks in the thread.

May I offer a suggestion FenixDown regarding sign-ups? You should have people choose 3 hero themes and 3 villain themes along with a bracket preference. That way if you get 32 submissions of people picking hero themes, you can have an easier time delegating between which side of the bracket people want to be on. Just a thought that could make things a little easier for you when form the brackets.

If people really want to be on the hero bracket, their top picks will be hero themes. The same goes for villains, and I will announce as quickly as possible in the event of a bracket's roster being filled up. I think the way things are now in this regard will be fine, but I do appreciate the suggestion and I've made a note of it for future reference. Thank you.

Oh yeah, do strategy role-playing games (SRPGs) count?

Yes they do. Any kind of RPG is welcome.

1st: [Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time] - [Team Skull & A Sinister Smell] - Villian

2nd: [Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga] - [Cackletta/Bowletta & Final Cackletta Battle] - Villian

3rd: [Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time] - [Palkia & Palkia's Onslaught] - Villian

4th: [Pokemon Red/Green] - [blue & Rival Battle] - Villian

I kinda doubt those last two but yeh~

You know what? I should join just so I can actually practice arranging multiple tracks...

1) Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Felix (Traversing Weyard) - HERO

2) Golden Sun - Saturos (Battle [saturos]) - VILLAIN

3) Mega Man Battle Network 2 - ShadowMan.EXE (A Serious Mission) - VILLAIN

4) Fable - "The Hero" (Oakvale) - HERO

Don't you jinx it!!!

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO

Chrono Trigger - Frog (

) - Hero

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - Popple (

) - Villain

Paper Mario - Crystal King (

) - Villain

Chrono Trigger - Magus (

) - Villain/Hero

I figure since Frog and I both have the hidden name of Glenn that should be good luck or something

Also just wanna throw out the idea of doing source selection like all the other tourney compos - post 5 sources and do a coin flip for any conflicts. I know with the way this one is set up that might be a bit hard, so maybe have two different lists for heroes and villains? I just think it would really bite if a lot of the rad sources were taken in the first couple of days.

Also just wanna throw out the idea of doing source selection like all the other tourney compos - post 5 sources and do a coin flip for any conflicts. I know with the way this one is set up that might be a bit hard, so maybe have two different lists for heroes and villains? I just think it would really bite if a lot of the rad sources were taken in the first couple of days.

In all honesty, I don't think we'll have to worry too much about running out of awesome sources. We've already had a nice representation of various RPG soundtracks in just the first day. I don't think the first come, first serve approach is unreasonable (I know you didn't actually say that); so far everyone's first choice has been unchallenged so anything they listed from choice 2-5 is fair game for others. It's only when two people have the same first choice that the second person will then drop to their second choice if it's not taken already. But if both competitors in this case agree to it, I am willing to flip a coin to decide who moves on to their next available choice if that is what they'd prefer.

EDIT

1) "Parasite Eve" - "Aya" (Theme of Aya) - Hero

2) "Parasite Eve" - "Eve" (Kyrie) - Villain

reasoning: whilst technically not her theme, it covers a hugely important part of the game and leaves a more lasting feeling than Femme's Fatal, for instance.

3) "Final Fantasy 9" - "Kuja" (Kuja's theme)

- Villain

4) "Xenogears" - "Id"(The One Who Is Torn Apart) - Villain

5) "Crono Cross" - "Miguel" (Prisoners of Fate) - Villain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd7ggm04GFo

Edited by HoboKa

We're 1/4 of the way to filling out the target roster. And everyone's number one picks are split evenly between heroes and villains too.

So far we've got in the heroes bracket:

urdailywater with Nepgear's Theme Ver. V from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

Nonamer with Felix (Traversing Weyard) from Golden Sun: the Lost Age

Ethan Rex with Frog's Theme from Chrono Trigger

HoboKa with Aya's Theme from Parasite Eve

And in the villains bracket:

Jason Covenant with Pokey's Theme from Earthbound

Mindwanderer with Gades (Battle Against Sinistrals) from Lufia 2

Ghetto Lee Lewis with Sherincal (Sherincal of the Chimera) from Icewind Dale 2

Saint Paradox with Team Skull's Skuntank (A Sinister Smell) from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time

I'm pleased with the amount of diversity in everyone's number one selections so far.