rRPC - The Remix Role-Playing Competition (Congratulations to Jason Covenant and evktalo)

FenixDown

Just a reminder, we are currently on the final week for sign-ups. This coming Friday at midnight Eastern time will be the cutoff point, so please get your character theme lists PMed to me before then. If you caught last night's

, then you probably know that DarkeSword and I talked about the likelihood of settling for 16 participants total (8 per bracket) and cutting out one of the rounds. So unless we get a sudden surge of submissions (21 to be exact), that will be the most likely target for us to shoot for. Right now, I need two more heroes and two more villains at least and the fifth can go in either bracket as one of our current entrants has volunteered to fill in the final slot of whichever side I need.

Also, if anyone checking out this thread is interested, I will be in need of someone who can design the brackets and any signature images for the participants. Get in touch with me if you're interested. Much appreciated!

Here's the latest update on the current status of sign-ups for the rRPC:

Hero Bracket:

1) urdailywater - Hyperdimension Neptunia V - Nepgear (Nepgear's Theme Ver. V) - Hero

2) Nonamer - Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Felix (Traversing Weyard) - HERO

3) Ethan Rex - Chrono Trigger - Frog (Frog's Theme) - Hero

4) HoboKa - "Parasite Eve" - "Aya" (Theme of Aya) - Hero

5) NovaReaper - Etrian Odyssey - Ren and Tlachtga ( Rising Again) - Hero

6) Yami - Rudra no Hihou - Surlent (The Spirit Chaser) - Hero

Villain Bracket:

1) Jason Covenant - Earthbound - Pokey (Pokey's theme) - Villain

2) MindWanderer - Lufia 2 - Gades (Battle Theme 3) - Villain

3) Ghetto Lee Lewis - Icewind Dale 2 - Sherincal (Sherincal of the Chimera)- Villain

4) Saint Paradox - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - Team Skull (A Sinister Smell) - Villain

5) gercr - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Dark King (Battle 3/Dark King’s Theme) - Villain

6) Xenonetix - Ni No Kuni - Shadar (Shadar's Attack) - Villain

A very nice selection we've got going here, but we still need four more people (two for each side) to meet the new goal of 16 participants. If you guys know anybody who might be interested in joining in on the compo, get them to check it out. They just might come on board.

Sign-ups wrap up Friday night at midnight Eastern time.

A very nice selection we've got going here, but we still need four more people (two for each side) to meet the new goal of 16 participants. If you guys know anybody who might be interested in joining in on the compo, get them to check it out. They just might come on board.
If you don't get anyone else, you can do what Brandon did for the FFCC, and throw in a 3-way round against a "boss," and the best two move forward. In fact, this works more naturally for this compo than it did for his.

freakin sweet idea u got going on. just suks that i'm figuring out about this now (as its about to begin) and the rpg maker vx ace tournament is under going right now (ughh so musch work!).

I'm here to ask if this theme is applicable.

this song plays when Chrono is being judged in a courtroom. I have always thought of this song as a theme for that (evil) judge.lol

If you don't get anyone else, you can do what Brandon did for the FFCC, and throw in a 3-way round against a "boss," and the best two move forward. In fact, this works more naturally for this compo than it did for his.

Hopefully it doesn't come to it, but that is a possible approach I am considering.

I'll be signing up later today.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing what you pick.

Thanks for putting those playlists together, Xenonetix. It's something I was thinking of doing over the weekend after the sign-up period was over, so way to get ahead of the curve there.

freakin sweet idea u got going on. just suks that i'm figuring out about this now (as its about to begin) and the rpg maker vx ace tournament is under going right now (ughh so musch work!).

I'm here to ask if this theme is applicable.

this song plays when Chrono is being judged in a courtroom. I have always thought of this song as a theme for that (evil) judge.lol

Sign-ups are still open until Friday at midnight so it's not too late yet. Don't sweat it if you've got a lot going on and don't think you can join, you can still participate by voting on tracks to help decide which mixers advance to the next round. Regarding that track, first I don't think that track really works as a character theme; second, I wouldn't accept the judge as a villain anyway. Thanks for taking an interest all the same, regardless of how things go, I hope you follow along.

The Villain Bracket is now full! And we also received another Hero submission which means we now only need one more Hero theme to max out the roster. The newest entrants are: Anorax with

and evktalo with

Edit: And today we got our final submission! djg-music has signed on with

. That means sign-ups are officially closed. Thank you very much to everyone who signed up for the compo, and for everyone else who took an interest in it. The first round of the Hero Bracket will begin on Monday June/9.

Here are the entrants who have all signed up:

Hero Bracket:

1) urdailywater - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - Nepgear (Nepgear's Theme Ver. V) - Hero

2) Nonamer - Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Felix (Traversing Weyard) - HERO

3) Ethan Rex - Chrono Trigger - Frog (Frog's Theme) - Hero

4) HoboKa - "Parasite Eve" - "Aya" (Theme of Aya) - Hero

5) NovaReaper - Etrian Odyssey - Ren and Tlachtga ( Rising Again) - Hero

6) Yami - Rudra no Hihou - Surlent (The Spirit Chaser) - Hero

7) evktalo - Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Marth (For Tomorrow's Sake) - Hero

8 ) djg-music - Final Fantasy Tactics - Ramza (Ramza's Theme) - Hero

Villain Bracket:

1) Jason Covenant - Earthbound - Pokey (Pokey's theme) - Villain

2) MindWanderer - Lufia 2 - Gades (Battle Theme 3) - Villain

3) Ghetto Lee Lewis - Icewind Dale 2 - Sherincal (Sherincal of the Chimera)- Villain

4) Saint Paradox - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time - Team Skull (A Sinister Smell) - Villain

5) gercr - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Dark King (Battle 3/Dark King’s Theme) - Villain

6) Xenonetix - Ni No Kuni - Shadar (Shadar's Attack) - Villain

7) Supercoolmike - Golden Sun - Saturos (Saturos Battle Theme) : Villain

8 ) Anorax - Breath Of Fire II - Deathevan (Evan ~ God of Death) - Villain

Edited by FenixDown

Yes, I was about to comment on that as well. I would appreciate it greatly if the Rudra no Hihou track were replaced with the OST version. Thank you once again for putting the playlists together by the way.

Also, in case anyone missed my edit in my previous post, we have filled out the roster for 16 participants. I am pleasantly surprised with how diverse the overall selection has been and just how many under-represented games are going to get a chance to shine, not counting any tracks I've got up my sleeve for the Hero Bracket. If you guys are half as hype for this compo as I am, this is going to be great.

Definitely hyped! I'm experimenting with new sound techniques and listening to new types of music for inspiration. Trying to find an area I'm actually strong in this time!

Also, trying to figure out what the hell to do if I get paired with Covenant or GLL. They both chose low-melody music, which is hard to work with, but they're both amazing remixers, and I'll have to do my best to stand a microscopic chance....

Edited by MindWanderer