rRPC - The Remix Role-Playing Competition (Congratulations to Jason Covenant and evktalo)

FenixDown

Just touching base with everyone so you all know where the compo stands as the first round of the Hero Bracket opens tomorrow. The brackets have been decided, as well as the source themes for each match-up of Hero Round One. OA has agreed to create the brackets, which is greatly appreciated. However, they may not be ready in time for the grand opening, but I have a far less aesthetically pleasing set of brackets created using a spreadsheet on Google drive that will do the trick in the meantime. Obviously, the Villain Bracket will not be revealed until their first round opens.

I also created another spreadsheet for organizing everyone's character themes and included youtube links to their music and will do the same for the source themes of each Hero round as they come up. I also included links to Xenonetix's playlists as well as some links to extended versions of the themes that I could find, but unfortunately not all the themes had extended versions as far as I could tell. So far everything's coming together pretty well. So get hype everyone, Round One of the Hero Bracket begins tomorrow!

The people’s reaction to the return of the Divinity Orb could be felt in every corner of the world. The stirring of unease that grew from town to town was palpable as the presence of dark forces made themselves known. Heroes from around the world answered their calling and gathered weapons and equipment for the road that lies ahead of them. But as they passed through the town gates, they took one last look at the place that had been their home, knowing that if they failed in their quest, they would never see it again.

Hero Bracket Round One: Leaving Home

Welcome to the opening round of the ReMix Role-Playing Competition! The Hero Bracket is starting things off with a round revolving around town themes! Towns are a common starting point in RPGs, so it is only natural for the rRPC to begin in a similar fashion. The Hero Bracket graphic will be added to the first post of the compo thread soon, but here is a rundown of our heroes’ starting positions, as well as, their Round One source themes:

djg-music and Nonamer:

urdailywater and HoboKa:

Ethan Rex and NovaReaper:

Yami and evktalo: Land of Beginnings - Bravely Default

ReMixers will have until noon EST on Monday, June 16 to submit their mixes to me via PM. Round One of the Villain Bracket will begin at that time. Be sure to follow the instructions provided in the opening post of the thread when submitting your mixes, I will not accept tracks sent in the wrong format or are improperly titled.

To help keep the various source themes organized in one place, I created a spreadsheet of the rRPC roster that I will update for each round as more source themes are included.

That said, Heroes, good luck and have fun!

Edited by FenixDown

Hero Bracket Round One: Town Themes

Welcome to the opening round of the ReMix Role-Playing Competition! The Hero Bracket is starting things off with a round revolving around town themes! Towns are a common starting point in RPGs, so it is only natural for the rRPC to begin in a similar fashion. The Hero Bracket graphic will be added to the first post of the compo thread soon, but here is a rundown of our heroes’ starting positions, as well as, their Round One source themes:

djg-music and Nonamer: Hometown Domina - Legend of Mana

urdailywater and HoboKa: Tone of the Town - The Last Story

Ethan Rex and NovaReaper: West Aldia - Arc the Lad II

Yami and evktalo: Land of Beginnings - Bravely Default

ReMixers will have until noon EST on Monday, June 16 to submit their mixes to me via PM. Round One of the Villain Bracket will begin at that time. Be sure to follow the instructions provided in the opening post of the thread when submitting your mixes, I will not accept tracks sent in the wrong format or are improperly titled.

To help keep the various source themes organized in one place, I created a spreadsheet of the rRPC roster that I will update for each round as more source themes are included. That said, Heroes, good luck and have fun!

All your links are kinda broken, at least to me.

Ethan, good luck!

That's weird, they were working for me earlier. Anyway, I reposted the links and they are working for me now. Let me know if there are any more issues with them. Sorry for the snag, hopefully everything's fine now.

Edit: I figured out what I did wrong and corrected it. I also made sure to fix the links I added to the first post so everything should be good now. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Edited by FenixDown

Yeahhh, there's no midi for Tone of the Town. Sad to say I lack the ability to transpose notes by ear. I probably won't be able to compete. Sorry guys :banghead:

What? You're calling it quits already? This sounds like the opportunity to face adversity and level up as a musician man. Don't back out yet.

What, no Saga Frontier 2? ;) Ha, we have a PRC match-up with Yami. Cool.

Hey cool. Good luck to you man.

At least I know "Land of Beginnings" since I played the hell out of BD :D And it makes it easier for me when I need to transpose it by ear... Let's see if I can :dstrbd:

Edit: Ahh, man, Hometown Domina would have been great, I love that theme...

Edited by Yami

You know, I can potentially make something out of this.

*Sees opponent's profile*

Well at least I know that I can lose with style!

I **may** try to notate "tone of the town" for you, HoboKa. But first I need to work on my song.

Let's give it our best, Nonamer! We're the heroes of this story!

Out of curiosity, did you guys get your swank signature images from competing in previous compos? Also, I didn't notice song length requirements posted in this thread. Is it per the regular submission standards - between 2 and 7 minutes?

Thanks for having me along, everyone!!

I didn't want to impose any hard guidelines on the creative process for you guys, like track length or designating any specific genres. However, the between 2 and 7 minutes range is a reasonable place to shoot for.

Edit: Also, yeah, some of our competitors have participated in previous compos on the OCR forums. Usually members of the community step up and make signature images for people in the compos. They would be cool to have but their absence does not detract from the music. And thank you for signing up djg-music!

Edited by FenixDown

Wow, that piece from Bravely Default is really cool. I believe it fits very well with For Tomorrow's Sake, they have different feeling to them so alternating between those might work really well. It's just.. there's so much goodness in there, that'll be the hard part! I'll just have to try to simplify things to make it in time. So much could be done with this.